President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2017-18
About President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship
President A.P.J.Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship is conducted by University of South Florida (USF) for Indian Students in honour of former President A.P.J.Abdul Kalam. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam Fellowship is for Indian Graduate students who are willing to pursue Doctorate from the University of South Florida. Candidates willing to join USF need to fill the Application Form on or before 15 January 2017.
Scholarship Benefit: The tuition fee of the candidates selected for President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship will be waived off for a total of up to four years and in addition, to that candidates will also get a monthly stipend of USD 2000 (Approx. INR 1.3 lakh) for 9 months for the first year.
For the remaining 3 years, department/college contributing will provide a teaching/research assistantship.
- Type of Fellowship: Partially Paid Scholarship.
- Course level: Post-Graduate.
- Subjects: Applied Anthropology, Applied Physics, Business PhD programs, Cell Biology, Microbiology & Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science & Engineering, Engineering Criminology, Integrative Biology, Marine Science, Psychology.
- Number of Awards: One.
- Duration of Fellowship: Four Years.
- Country for Study: United States of America.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship
President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
||Nationality: The Fellowship is given in the honour of former Indian President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, thus only Indian students can apply for the Fellowship.
Qualification: The applicant needs to be an Indian Graduate willing to pursue Doctoral degree in any of the following fields:
Achievements: The applicant should demonstrate experience in their discipline, research productivity, and professional contributions along with achievements in their respective field.
- Applied Anthropology
- Applied Physics
- Business PhD programs
- Cell Biology, Microbiology & Molecular Biology
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Integrative Biology
- Marine Science
President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship Reward
The candidate selected for the award of the President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship will get the benefits of the scholarship after he/she is enrolled in studies at USF. The details of the benefits are:
- Tuition Fee: The tuition fee of the fellow will be waived off for all four years.
- Monthly Stipend: The selected candidates will get a stipend of USD 18,000 (Approx. INR 11.9 lakh) over a period of 9 months of the fall and spring semesters (USD 2,000 per month).
- The Provost's Office will pay a nine-month stipend for the first year.
- The department/college contributing a teaching/research assistantship for up to an additional three years.
- Other Expenses: The expenses related to Housing, Air-fare etc. are to be borne by the fellow themselves no other assistance or funding will be provided other than that mentioned above.
President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship Application form and Process
President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship Application can be made after the admission application for USF Graduate Application has been made. Candidates are required to enter their U-ID Number while making the application. The details of the application process are:
Application form: The candidates can download the application form of President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship online.
Download Application Form
Documents Required: Once the candidate is done with all the steps involved in USF Graduate Application process, they can make application for the Fellowship with the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application form: The completely filled application form is also required along with all other documents.
- Letter of Interest: A letter expressing interest describing his/her academic success and area of intended study.
- Research Statement: Statement of research and evidence of scholarly activity are to be provided along with the scholarship application.
- Letter of Recommendation: The candidates should provide 3 letter of recommendation on academic and/or professional letterhead.
A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship Application Form Submission
The completed application form along with the above-mentioned documents in PDF Format are to be sent via email to “KalamFellowship@usf.edu”
President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be done by the University of South Florida on the basis of academic credentials and a passion for the STEM fields of study. Applications demonstrating experience in their discipline, research productivity, and professional contributions and achievements to the field will get preferred.
President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship Address
University of South Florida
4202 E. Fowler Avenue,
CGS 101,Tampa, FL 33620, USA
Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship is launched in the Joint Statement of the government of the United States of America and the Government of the Repu... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
A Star India Youth Scholarship is a four-year programme pertaining to Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’... Read More
SIA Youth Scholarship 2018: The application process has started. The candidates can apply for SIA Youth Scholarship 2018 through this page. SIA Youth ... Read More