Postdoctoral Fellowship for Women candidates
Last date to apply
June 30, 2016
Extended Date: July 15, 2016
AAKASH Scholarship Test for Medical Apply Now
About Postdoctoral Fellowship for Women candidates
Postdoctoral Fellowship for Women candidates is offered by University Grant commission to motivate unemployed women candidates who possess Ph.D. Degree to carry out advanced studies and research. Women candidates willing to apply for the scholarship can make an online application on the University Grant Commission’s website.
Postdoctoral Fellowship in India
- The scholarship is available for the following subjects:
- Engineering & Technology
- Social Science.
- The Fellowship will be offered to 100 fellows and for a period of 5 years.
- The Institution from where the fellows will pursue their advanced studies should be recognized and deemed fit for receiving assistance under various norms of University Grant Commission and Central/state Government.
- The fellowship was earlier known as “Part Time Research Associateship for Women”
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Postdoctoral Fellowship for Women candidates
Postdoctoral Fellowship for Women candidates Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
- Nationality: The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- Age: The applicant must not be older than 35 years as on June 30, 2016.
- The upper age limit is relaxed up to 60 years for candidates belonging to reserved categories.
- There is a relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/OBC/Women/PWD candidates
- Academic Qualification: The candidate must possess Ph.D. Degree preferably with published research work in the relevant subject with Minimum 55% marks in UG Level and 60% marks in PG Level.
- The minimum qualifying marks are 50% at UG Level and 55% at PG Level for candidates belonging to reserved categories.
- Employment Status: The candidate must not be employed.
Postdoctoral Fellowship for Women candidates Reward
The tenure of the fellowship is for 5 years and cannot be further extended. The Department of the Institution will receive 10% of the fellowship for providing the required facilities to the Fellow. The financial benefits for the fellow are as follow:
@Rs.38,000 - for 1st year
@ 40,300 - 2nd year
@ 41,900- 3rd year
| Rs.50, 000 per annum for five years.
|Rs.2000 per month (fixed) in case of PWD candidates
- HRA: Under the fellowship, hostel fee of the accommodation in the University/Institution will be reimbursed excluding mess, electricity and water charges. For the purpose of reimbursement a certificate need to be furnished through Registrar/ Director/Principal of the Institution.
- If fellow makes their own arrangement than he can claim the amount by producing required certificates.
- Medical Allowance: No separate medical allowance will be paid to the candidates but they can use the medical facilities available at the University/Institution.
- Leaves: Fellows are entitled to leaves of maximum 30 days excluding public holidays and there is no further provision of Vacation.
- Maternity leaves: Female Candidates are eligible for maternity leaves of 135 days with full rates of fellowship.
Postdoctoral Fellowship for Women candidates Application form and Process
Postdoctoral Fellowship for Women can only be made Online and candidates willing to apply for the fellowship need to make online application for the fellowship on the official website of UGC. The details related to the application are as follow:
Click Here to Apply Online
- Mode of application: The applications can be made online at the official website of University Grant Commission.
- Application Form: The application form need to be filled online and personal information along with the information related to academic qualifications need to be uploaded at the time of application.
- No offline applications: The applications for the fellowship need to be made online only and there is no process for offline application.
Submission of Application
Candidates need to complete the online application process. There is no need to send any printed document or application form to UGC by post.
Postdoctoral Fellowship for Women candidates Selection Process
The selection for the fellowship will be done on the basis of merit list prepared out of all the applications received for the fellowship and as per the procedure of the commission.
- If selected for the fellowship, the joining report of the candidate, duly signed by Supervisor/ HOD is to be sent to University Grant Commission through the Registrar /Director /Principal in order to release of the grant for the first year.
Postdoctoral Fellowship for Women candidates Address
University Grants Commission
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
New Delhi- 110 002
Postdoctoral Fellowship for Women candidates Contact Details
ACST 2019 Scholarship is offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates preparing for engineering entrance exams, medical entran... Read More
ALLEN ASAT is ALLEN Scholarship cum Admission Test (ASAT) conducted by ALLEN Career Institute for admission to its classroom programs. Allen ASAT... Read More
RES Young Economist Essay Competition, started in 2007, is open to students of year 12 and year 13 who are studying UK A level or Inter... Read More
GP Birla scholarship 2019 is for meritorious students from West Bengal who are in need of financial assistance for pursuing their higher studies ... Read More