Postdoctoral Fellowship for SC/ST
Last date to apply
June 30, 2016
Extended Date: July 15, 2016
About Postdoctoral Fellowship to SC/ST
Postdoctoral Fellowship for SC/ST is a fellowship offered by UGC to pursue Post doctoral research in the speciefied 4 fields. This Postdoctoral Fellowship is only applicable for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates. Fields of Study eligible for Postdoctoral Research are
- Social Sciences
- Engineering & Technology.
Postdoctoral Fellowship in India
- Motto of the Fellowship is to provide fellowships in the form of financial assistance to students who belong to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe, to pursue advanced studies and research in Indian Institutions.
- Every Year Total 100 Fellowships are offered for all subjects.
- 3% fellowships are reserved for Physically Handicapped candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Postdoctoral Fellowship to SC/ST
Postdoctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
- Age Limit: The upper age limit for male applicants is 50 years and 55 years in the case of female candidates as on June 30, 2016.
- Academic Qualification: The candidate must have a doctorate degree in the relevant subject. Preference would be given to the published work.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have secured 50% marks at Undergraduate level and 55% marks at Post Graduate Level.
- Employment Status: The applicant must not be employed i.e. the fellowship is only for unemployed SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates who have already availed Postdoctoral Fellowship are not eligible to apply.
Postdoctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Reward
The financial assistance available under Postdoctoral Fellowship for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe is as follows:
@ Rs. 38,800 for initial two years
@ Rs. 46,500 for remaining tenure
Other Contingency in addition to the Fellowship Amount
@ Rs. 50,000 p.a.
@ Rs. 2,000 p.m. in case of physically and visually challenged candidates
Kindly Note: Fellowship cannot be transferred from one minority community to another
- House rent allowance: Postdoctoral Fellowship for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe Candidates will be provided single-seated hostel accommodation in the University/Institute/College. In case the candidates make their own arrangement, then they can withdraw the HRA by producing the required documents.
- Medical: Candidates will not be provided with any separate/fixed medical services. Candidates can make use of medical facilities available in the University/Institution/College.
- Leave: Candidates are entitled to leaves of maximum 30 days excluding the public holidays. Candidates are not entitled to any other vacations.
- Candidates are eligible for maternity/ paternity leave at full rates of the fellowship as per Government of India rules once during the tenure of the award.
- In special cases, the candidates are entitled to take a leave of 3 months without the full rate of Fellowship.
- Mode of Disbursement: The fellowship and contingency amount will be provided through Direct Benefit Transfer. The Fellowship amount will be disbursed through UGC Designated Bank to the bank account available of the awardee.
- Duration: The fellowship will be offered for a period of 5 years with no provision for further extension.
Postdoctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Application form and Process
Postdoctoral Fellowship for SC/ST Application form can only be filled Online and candidates willing to apply for the fellowship need to apply online on the official website of UGC. Below is the brief synopsis of the Application Process.
Click Here to Apply Online
- Online Application: Candidates need to apply online at the official website of UGC.
- The applications for the fellowship need to be made online only and there is no offline application process for the same.
- Filling online Application Form: The application form need to be filled online and the candidates need to fill the personal information along with the academic qualifications,
Submission of Application
Candidates need to complete the online application process. There is no need to send any printed document or application form to UGC by post.
Postdoctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Selection Process
- The selection will be based on Merit cum Mean basis. All the applications received will be inspected, and short listed by the Commission.
- UGC will come up with a merit list of the students selected for the fellowship after reviewing all the online applications.
- The short listed candidates will be called for a personal Interview.
Postdoctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Address
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110 002 India
Postdoctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Contact Details
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Contact No.: 1800113355
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics is awarded every year by Trinity College to honour the connection between the famous Indian mathema... Read More
INMO 2020 (Indian National Mathematical Olympiad) is the 2nd step of the ladder to qualify for International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO). In... Read More
Indian National Olympiad (INO) 2020 Programme refers to a systematic activity supported by the Government of India to select and train Indian teams fo... Read More
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungry 2020 is in accordance with the Educational Exchange Programme Agreement signed between... Read More