Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
ALLEN NTSE Online Test Series Buy Now
About Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship
Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship is a Scholarship for Girl students, who is the only child of her parents and want to pursue a Non-Professional PG Course. Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship is offered a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a post-graduate college. Interested female candidates need to make online applications at the official website of University Grants Commission for Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child. The candidate who has been awarded Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship will not be debarred from accepting any other scholarships
Earlier this scholarship applications were hosted by University Grant Commission (UGC) but from this year the applications are hosted by National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Application for this Single Girl Child Scholarship can be made only in the first year of the course. Extension after two years is not permissible in this scholarship.
Latest Update: The application process of Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship will be hosted by National Scholarship Portal (NSP) and the last date of application submission is 31 January 2018.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Age: The applicant must not be older than 30 years
- Academic Qualification: The applicant must have got admission in any non-professional PG courses offered by any recognized University or Colleges
- Single Girl Child of the Family: The applicant must be a single child of her parents or twin daughters or fraternal daughter.
Not Eligible for the Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- The candidates belonging to the family having a son and a daughter are not entitled to the scholarship.
- The candidate who has taken admission in Distance Education mode are not eligible to apply.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Reward
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship has the following benefits that will be provided to the candidates who will be selected for the Scholarship. The details of the same are as follow:
- Number of Awards: Total awards distributed under this UGC Scholarship are based on the number of applications received every year.
- Amount of Scholarship: The amount of scholarship will be Rs.3100 per month for two years (10 months in the year)
- Duration: The scholarship will be for the period of 2 years i.e. full duration of PG Course
- Hostel and Medical: No additional amount will be paid for hostel charges or medical charges.
- No Tuition Fees to be charged: The institution (covered under Sections 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act) where the candidate has been enrolled in the first year PG Course, no tuition fee shall be charged from the candidate to pursue the course.
Cancellation of Scholarship
The scholarship can be cancelled by UGC on the below-mentioned grounds:
- If the University or College reports any misconduct on the part of the candidate to UGC
- If the candidate secures less than 55% marks in the First Year of Master’s Program. (50% in case of Physically Challenged)
- If the candidate is found to be ineligible at a later stage. If it is so, then the candidate might face the penal action and will also be required to pay the Scholarship Amount already paid.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Application form and Process
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Application process can only be made Online. Single Girl child candidates who are interested can apply for the scholarship using online application portal.
The details of the application process are as follow:
- Mode of Application: Interested female applicants need to submit an online application using UGC scholarship website.
National Scholarship Portal - Apply Online
- Application Form: Candidates have to fill in their personal and academic information in the online application form.
- Documents Required: Candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- Proof of Admission: Candidates are required to submit a proof of admission into first year Master’s Degree Course in a University Recognized by UGC.
- Certificate: A certificate from the institution where the student has taken admission for her first year of PG Course.
- Affidavit: Candidates have to submit an Affidavit of Rs 50 on a stamp paper duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) as per the prescribed format.
Submission of Application
Candidates need to complete the online application process. There is no need to send any printed document or application form to UGC by post.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Selection Process
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Selection process will be done on the basis of merit list prepared out of all the applications received and as per the procedure of the commission.
- An Expert Committee formed by UGC will be responsible for the selection. The selection will be done by the standard procedure of the commission.
- Result: The result of the scholarship in the form of a list of selected candidates will be made available on the website.
- Award Letters: Award letters can also be downloaded by the selected candidates after logging into their account using the ID generated while making the application.
- Mark Sheet: Candidates who have availed the scholarship will have to submit duly signed in certificate/marksheet of completion of Post Graduate course by the head of the department.
Procedure for Monitoring
Quarterly Continuation Certificate: Head of the Department will observe the progress of the beneficiary. Candidates have to submit duly signed in quarterly continuation certificate by the head of the department in the designated branch of the nominated bank.
If the candidates wish to discontinue her studies mid-way without completing the postgraduate degree, they have to take permission from UGC by submitting an application along with the justification through the concerned Universities/Colleges/Institution.
If the candidate leaves the studies mid-way without prior approval from UGC, they will have to refund the whole amount Online directly to UGC account.
Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship Result - Merit List
The merit list of the shortlisted girls for the Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship will be released officially. Check below list of selected candidates for the award of scholarship for the previous year under the scheme of P.G.Scholarship for Single Girl Child.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Contact Details
University Grants Commission
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
New Delhi– 110002
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship is provided to those girls who are single girl child of their parents. Scheme for Single Girl Child is a merit... Read More
FIIT JEE Talent Support Exam is for JEE Aspirants who are studying or passed Class 12. This exam helps the aspirant to know and analyse their pre... Read More
Rashtriya Miltary School Admission 2020-21 is based on CET (Common Entrance Test) and Interview. CET would be a pen and paper-based test and the ... Read More
SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019 is for the meritorious students who have passed their Class 12 Examinations in the year 2019. T... Read More