PM Scholarship 2019-20: Apply Online
About PM Scholarship 2019
PM Scholarship 2019 registration has been started. Students can apply online for Prime Minister Scholarship. The last date to apply online for PM Scholarship 2019 is 15 November. PM Scholarship Scheme is given to encourage higher, technical and professional education for the wards of widows and Ex-servicemen of Armed Forces. The Government of India has introduced Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) with effect from the academic year 2006-07. PM Scholarship 2019 is given to 12th pass students who have joined professional courses in the academic year 2019-20. This page gives information on PM Scholarship Application Form, Eligibility criteria, Rewards, Renewal, Selection Process etc. Scroll down to get details about PM Scholarship 2019-20.
- PM Scholarship is paid out of National Defence Fund and conducted by Department of Ex-Servicemen Government of India. The scholarship is admissible for only two children of ESM / Ex-Coast Guard.
- The ambit of the Scholarship Scheme is extended to the wards of State Police officials who are/were martyred during terror/Naxal attacks. The quota of new scholarships for wards of state police officials will be 500 in a year.
- Duration of the PM Scholarship: Two to five years as approved by the concerned regulatory body for that programme. One year for B.Ed.
- A total number of 5500 scholarships will be allotted each year under the scheme.
Latest Update: PM Scholarship Application Forms are available online. The last date to apply for PM Scholarship is 15 November 2019.
PM Scholarship 2019 Dates
Students who want to apply for PM Scholarship Online can check the PM Scholarship 2019 dates in the table given below:
|PM Scholarship Applications Start
|PM Scholarship Application Last Date
||15 November 2019
Subscribe for Regular Updates of PM Scholarship 2019
PM Scholarship 2019 Eligibility Criteria
PM Scholarship scheme is open for the following courses
- Students who have taken admission in 2019-20 academic session in a degree programme in BE, B Tech, BDS, MBBS, BEd, BBA, BCA, B Pharma, etc. duly recognised by the respective Government regulatory bodies, such as All India Council for Technical Education, Medical Council of India, UGC etc.
- Integrated Courses: The Scholarship is restricted for Professional Degree Course only, such as B Ed but not for BA+B Ed, also for LLB not for BA+LLB. In the case of integrated ME / M Tech / M Pharma, the scholarship will be given for the initial four years.
- List of PM Scholarship Eligible courses
PM Scholarship scheme is open to the following people
- The scheme is only open for widows and unmarried wards of ESM/widow. However, marriage/re-marriage at a subsequent date would not disqualify the awardees.
- Wards of Ex-servicemen and their widows (below officer rank)
- Wards of widows of Ex-servicemen died in harness due to causes attributed to military service
- Widows of Ex-servicemen died in harness
- The candidate irrespective of his marital status is eligible for PMSS. However, an earning / serving candidate is not eligible.
- Wards of State Police officials who are/were martyred during terror/Naxal attacks (500 scholarships)
Academic Eligibility Criteria
The student must have scored 60% and above in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation.
Students pursuing selected professional and technical undergraduate courses.
||MEQ-Minimum Educational Qualification
||Class 12/ Diploma
Not eligible for PM Scholarship Scheme 2019-20
- Student studying abroad are not eligible for PM Scholarship Scheme.
- Students receiving a stipend for professional degree courses.
- Students pursuing studies through Distance Learning courses are not eligible
- Master Degree Courses are not eligible for PMSS except MBA, MCA.
- Students of the second year of graduation are not eligible. Wards of Civilians including Para-Military Personnel are NOT ELIGIBLE.
PM Scholarship 2019 Reward
PM scholarship will be given for a period of one to five years. The payment of scholarship will be granted after the successful completion of each academic year, as per the percentages mentioned in the academic requirement. The amount of scholarship including any other scholarship or financial assistance, from any other sources, will not exceed the total amount of scholarship available under this scheme.
PM Scholarship Amount
PM Scholarship 2019 will be given to a total of 5500 students across India, the Amount of the scholarships are as follows.
PM scholarship amount has been increased from Rs. 2000 per month to Rs. 2500 per month for boys and from Rs. 2250 per month to Rs. 3000 per month for girls in May 2019.
||PM Scholarship Amount (Annually)
||Rs. 2500 per month
||Rs. 3000 per month
Payment of PM Scholarship
- The first payment will be paid automatically just after the selection in the merit list of 5500 candidates. For subsequent payments, the candidate should submit the Payment cum Renewal Form along with a Bonafide Certificate for subsequent Payment of PMSS.
- The scholarship will be remitted in Bank Account Number (PNB / SBI only) which should be linked to Aadhaar Number of the selected student.
PM Scholarship 2019 Application form and Process
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2019-20 application forms are to be filled and submitted online only. Applicants have to follow the steps and link given below to apply for the scholarship scheme.
Click here to Register for PM Scholarship 2019
- Applicants have to fill the registration details for the registration on the official website.No hard copy/paper application will not be entertained.
- Applicants have to enter their personal details as well as contact details in the spaces given.
- One candidate to submit only one application form for one course only.
- The applicants have to fill the registration form in one go only, they are advised to keep the following information in hand:
- Service Number of ESM
- Ex-Serviceman Id card
- Aadhar Card Number
- Bank details: Account No., Bank Name, Branch Name, Account No and IFSC Code.
PM Scholarship Application Form Document to be Uploaded
- Specimen Copy of Ex-Servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard Certificate duly filled up and signed by ZSB/Coast Guard HQ (Annexure-1 of Application Form).
- Bonafide Certificate duly filled up correctly and signed by Vice-Chancellor / Principal/ Vice-Principal/Dean/Associate Dean/Registrar/Dy Registrar/Director/Dy Directo as per annexure-2
- Certificate from his/her bank stating that Aadhaar Card of student linked with his / her bank account number as per annexure-3
- Matriculation Certificate duly self-attested for verifying the Date of Birth. (Original to be uploaded)
- Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) certificate as applicable. (10+2 Mark sheet / Graduation (mark sheets of 3 years) / Diploma (mark sheets of all semesters).
- 1st page of Bank Pass Book (PNB/SBI only) clearly showing name and A/c Number of Student.
- Aadhaar Card (Original to be scanned and uploaded)
- A copy of PPO and the following supporting documents in case of Category 1 to 5.
- Category 1: Part II Order Copy of POR in case of Air
- Category 2: Part II Order Force and Gen Form in
- Category 3: Part II Order case of Navy
- Category 4: Part II Order
- Category 5: (Award Certificate along with Gazette Notification)
- Category 6: Original PPO or ESM Identity Card to be scanned and uploaded.
Note: All the above-given documents are to be scanned and then uploaded, failure to which may lead to rejection of the application.
PM Scholarship Renewal
Applicants can renew their scholarship can apply for the renewal process by following the link given below. The candidates are advised to attach the following documents for the renewal process. The list of documents required is given below.
Click to Renew PM Scholarship Scheme
List of Documents required for renewal of scholarship scheme
- Original ink signed Bonafide Certificate signed by Principal/Dean/ Registrar of the Institute / College as per Annexure-1 to be scanned and uploaded.
- Scan and upload the ‘Examination Passing Certificate’ duly signed by the candidate as per Annexure-2.
- Download the format of certificate related to linking of Aadhaar Number and upload the same after duly signed by Branch Manager (SBI / PNB only) as per Annexure-3.
- Scan and upload original mark sheets of both semesters / academic year issued by University.
- Scan and upload the first page of the Bank Pass Book or cancelled cheque leaf printed with Name and Account No of students duly linked with his / her Aadhaar No.
- Scan and upload your (student’s) Aadhaar Card showing your name and address etc.
PM Scholarship 2019 Selection Process
Prime Minister's Scholarship application will be shortlisted based on Ex-Servicemen/ Ex-Coast Guard Category and percentage of marks obtained in Class 12. The order of selection of candidates are given below serial wise:-
Category 1: Wards / Widows of ESM / Coast Guard personnel killed in action.
Category 2: Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex-Coast Guard disabled in action and boarded out of service with disability attributable to Military /
Coast Guard service.
Category 3: Wards / Widows of ESM / Coast Guard personnel who died while in service for causes attributable to Military / Coast Guard service.
Category 4: Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex-Coast Guard personnel disabled in service with disability attributable to Military / Coast Guard service.
Category 5: Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex-Coast Guard in receipt of gallantry awards, irrespective of the rank. 4
Category 6: Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex-Coast Guard (PBOR Only).
PM Scholarship Merit List
PM Scholarship merit is released based on the applications received. On finalization of PM merit list, the same is uploaded on KSB website www.ksb.gov.in and the same is also forwarded to all Rajya Sainik Boards (RSBs). The respective RSB will intimate the students of their State about their Selection Sl. No. in the merit list. Student can also monitor the progress of his application on KSB website www.ksb.gov.in in their database
Practice Papers & Previous Year Solved Papers for NDA & NA:
PM Scholarship 2019 Contact Details
Joint Director Training and Scholarship
Kendriya Sainik Board,
MOD, West Block-4, Wing-7, 2nd Floor
RK Puram, New Delhi-110066
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
India-Korea Friendship Essay Writing Competition has been introduced by Korean Cultural Centre India to foster friendship among India and Korea (... Read More
KVPY 2019 - The application process for KVPY 2019 has started from 8 July 2019 as per the official website of KVPY. The candidates can apply ONLI... Read More
AKTHE 2019 Scholarship is offered to the academically brilliant students. AKTHE examination is to enable the most deserving students to achieve their ... Read More
13th International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO): The registration for 13th International Mathematics Olympiad is open now. The last date to apply for th... Read More