Last date to apply
Early Bird Deadline - August 3, 2015
Regular Deadline - September 1, 2015
About Pastel 100 Competition
- The Pastel Journal is conducting a pastel competition for all the artists around the globe.
- Interested candidates can submit their entries made by 80%soft pastel and no oil pastel after making payment of an application fee of USD 25 in case of early bird entries and USD 30 in case of Regular entries.
- Out of the entries received, 5 Top Prizes, 25 category prizes and 70 honorable mentions will be selected and the results will be published in Pastel Journal April 2016 issue.
- The Pastel Competition is inviting artists to paint a scene within these five categories:
- Portrait + Figure
- Landscape +Interior
- Still life + Floral
- Animals + Wildlife
- Abstract + Non-objective
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Pastel 100 Competition
Pastel 100 Competition Eligibility Criteria
|| 16 years & above
- Nationality: The competition is open for residents of U.S and Abroad.
- Age: The participants must be at least 16 year old at the time of making the application.
- Eligibility of the work:
- Work must be at least 80% soft pastel; no oil pastel. Nupastels and other “harder” pastels are considered soft pastels.
- Compositions based on published material or other artists’ work are NOT considered original and are not eligible.
Not Eligible for the Competition
- Paintings executed in a workshop under another artist‘s supervision or paintings based on another person’s photograph (even if it’s copyright-free) are NOT eligible.
- Employees or associates of F+W Media, Inc., Jack Richeson & Co. Inc., or their immediate families may not enter.
- Work previously published in a national publication or receiving an award at a national-level exhibition at the time of submission to this contest is not eligible.
Pastel 100 Competition Reward
Pastel 100 Competition Rewards
A total of 30 prizes will be offered to the winners of the Pastel 100 competition, out of them 5 will be Top Prizes while remaining 25 will be category prizes. The details of the prizes are as follow:
- First Prize: Pastel Journal Founder’s Award in memory of Maggie Price $5,000 CASH.
- Second Prize: Pastel Journal Award of Excellence: $2,500 CASH.
- Third Prize: Ruth Richeson/Unison Pastel Award: Full set of Unison Pastels (420 pieces, valued at approximately $2,000).
- Fourth Prize: Richeson/Unison Pastel Gold Award: An assortment of Richeson and Unison Pastels and Surfaces (valued at approximately $1,500).
- Fifth Prize: Richeson/Unison Pastel Silver Award: An assortment of Richeson and Unison Pastels and Surfaces (valued at approximately $1,000).
25 Category Prizes:
- 5 First Place Category Awards—$500 worth of Terry Ludwig Pastels
- 5 Second Place Category Awards—$350 worth of Great American pastels
- 5 Third Place Category Awards—$150 worth of Canson paper/Rembrandt pastels
- 5 Fourth Place Category Awards—$100 worth of PanPastels
- 5 Fifth Place Category Awards—$75 worth of UART pastel paper
All top prize winners and place winners will receive features in Pastel Journal (April 2016 issue).
- Honorable Mentions: 70 Honorable Mention Image and information about each painting will be published in Pastel Journal.
Pastel 100 Competition Application form and Process
Pastel 100 Competition Application Process
Interested applicants need to register themselves on the official website in order to fill the online application form and also to submit their entries. To Register for Pastel 100 Competition Click here
- Submission of the entries: Applicants need to submit their entries online only and there is no offline process for applying for the Competition. Applicants can edit the application for and upload the images after registration. There is no restriction on the number of Images to be uploaded.
- Image Requirements:
- Format: JPG
- Resolution: 72dpi
- Size: Maximum 5 MB.
- Requirements for publishing in Pastel Journal:
- Resolution: 300 dpi
- Dimensions: 8×10 inches (2400×3600 pixels) and 5×7 inches (1500×2100 pixels) at minimum.
Payment of Entry Fee:
- Entry fee for All early-bird entries: $25 per image
- Entry fee for All Regular entries: $30 per image.
- Mode of Payment: (in U.S. funds drawn on a U.S. bank)
- Credit Card: Credit cards will be charged within 30 days of contest deadline. Charge will appear as “F+W Contests.” Checks will be processed within 30 days of the final deadline.
- Money order.
Pastel 100 Competition Selection Process
Pastel 100 Competition Selection Process
Judging of the entries:
- Entries will be prejudged and finalists will be chosen by the magazine staff.
- Award winners and honorable mentions will be selected by the jurors- Doug Dawson, Ellen Eagle, Stephnie Birdsall, Alline Ordman and Debra Stewart.
- All properly prepared entries will be viewed and judged. The jurors and editors reserve the right to re-categorize the entries.
- Only the winners of the Pastel 100 competition willbe notified by October 31, 2015.
- The result will not be made public unless published in Pastel Journal April 2016 issue.
Pastel 100 Competition Address
Pastel 100 Competition,
10151 Carver Road,
Suite 200, Blue Ash,
Pastel 100 Competition Contact Details
Phone - 513/531-2222
Fax - 513/891-7153
Website - https://www.artistsnetwork.com/competitions/pastell-100-competition
9th National Science Film Festival of India 2019 is organized by Vigyan Prasar, an autonomous organisation, under the Department of Science ... Read More
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for college & university is given by MHRD, Govt. of India to meritorious students who have passed Class 12. ... Read More
Scholarship for Excellence (SEE) is a scholarship given to students in India in recognition of their excellence in the English Language. The scholarsh... Read More
Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2018 is offered by the Social Security Mission of Kerala for the students of Kerala whose father or mother or both have ... Read More