OCSI 2019: The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India (OCSI) Scholarship
Scholarship for Class 7 to 12 by Aakash Apply Now
About OCSI 2019
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarships are part-cost awards for undergraduate, second undergraduate, graduate study and research in any subject available at the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford, UK. The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India (OCSI) Scholarship is applicable to the following universities only:
- University of Cambridge, UK
- University of Oxford, UK
Some scholarships may be limited to one or the other university, or sometimes to specific colleges at the universities. OCSI seeks to elect at least one OCSI Scholar annually, However, the number of awards for this scholarship varies every year. The Application process has been started and the last date to apply for The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship (OCSI) 2019-20 is 1 May 2019.
OCSI Scholarship 2019-20 dates
|OCSI Scholarship 2019-19 Application Begin
|OCSI Scholarship 2019-19 Application Ends
||1 May 2019
|Candidates will be informed for Interview
||Early June 2019
|Interview of the shortlisted candidates in New Delhi
||6 July 2019
|OCSI Scholarship 2019-20 Awards and Result Declaration
OCSI Scholarship Amount
Following financial award of scholarships will be given to the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India
- One OCSI scholarship worth INR 400,000 (Rupees Four Lakh only) is tenable at either the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford.
- One scholarship worth INR 100,000 (Rupees One Lakh only) tenable only at Emmanuel College, University of Cambridge.
- One scholarship worth INR 100,000 (Rupees One Lakh only) tenable only at St. Hilda's College, University of Oxford.
- The financial award of scholarship
- Letter of support from OCSI for other scholarship awarding bodies.
- Assistance in fast-tracked education loan from an Indian financial institution, based on OCSI Scholarship letter, with automatic loan qualification status from a leading financial institution.
- Complimentary life membership of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India
- Mentoring, whereby a member of OCSI shall play the role of mentor and will support the OCSI during his/her stay at Oxford /Cambridge by giving appropriate guidance to the awardees.
- Assistance from OCSI in returning to India and reintegrating in the professional environment of India
Kindly Note: At least one scholarship is given annually, but the number and value of awards may vary per year.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of OCSI 2019
OCSI 2019 Eligibility Criteria
||India (Only Indian Citizens)
||Not more than 30 years of age as on 1 September 2019
- Nationality: Must be a citizen of India.
- Must be ordinarily resident in India
- Academic Qualification: Must be a graduate of an Indian university.
- Applicants who are expected to graduate in the year of the award are also eligible to apply for the awards.
- Must have applied for and secured admission to study a fulltime course at the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford
- Candidates are required to present proof of admission before granting of the scholarship, and proof of having taken up residence at Cambridge or Oxford before the scholarships funds would be released
OCSI Scholarship Eligible Courses
The Candidate must intend to pursue a course of study in one of the following
- Bachelor's degree programme.
- Second Bachelors degree as an Affiliated Student/Senior Status
- Taught and research-based Masters Programme of various durations (including M.Sc, engineering, medicine)
- One-year postgraduate courses (e.g. M.Phil, LLM, Diploma, CASM or Part III Maths, MBA, PGCE etc.)
- The research leading to the PhD Degree
- Must be admitted to the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford through the University’s normal academic procedures
Candidates not eligible for OCSI scholarship
- Close family members of the Executive committee of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India are not eligible to participate in the scholarship.
- Candidates who have already received such monetary support from other institution are not eligible.
OCSI 2019 Application form and Process
The application process for OCSI scholarships has been started. Candidates can click on the link to apply for OCSI application form, The application form duly filled must be submitted on or before the last date of the application i.e. 1 May 2019. Follow the link given below to apply online for The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship.
Download Application Form
Submission of the Application Form
The duly filled application form must be submitted via Email. Candidates are required to return a scanned copy of the completed form by email to the "Chair of the Scholarships The committee, The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India at the email address given below.
- Email: Secretary@oxbridgeindia.com
OCSI 2019 Selection Process
- The announcement about the scholarship will be sent to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge, the British Council and a designated list of Indian colleges by February 2019.
- The short-listed candidates shall be informed by Early June 2019, and later called for interview on 6 July 2019.
- The decision of the OCSI Scholarship Committee on the short-listing and selection of candidates shall be final.
OCSI Scholarship Interview
- All short-listed candidates will be required to physically attend however OCSI scholarship committee at a designated venue in New Delhi on 6 July 2019.
- The final award offer may be made to selected candidates within two weeks of the scholarship interviews being held.
- No traveling allowance will be paid to the candidates shortlisted for interview for coming to Delhi.
- Award will normally be made to the selected candidates by the end July 2019.
OCSI 2019 Address
c/o Bharat Kumar,
366, Sector 15-A,
The Atlas Shrugged Essay competition is one of the three essay writing competitions conducted by AYN Rand Education. The student has to write an ... Read More
GP Birla scholarship 2021 is for meritorious students from West Bengal who are in need of financial assistance for pursuing their higher studies ... Read More