The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship (OCSI) 2018-19
About Oxford & Cambridge Scholarships
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarships are part-cost awards for undergraduate, second undergraduate, graduate study and research in any subject available at the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford, UK. The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India (OCSI) Scholarship is applicable to following universities only:
- University of Cambridge, UK
- University of Oxford, UK
Some scholarships may be limited to one or the other university, or sometimes to specific colleges at the universities. OCSI seeks to elect at least one OCSI Scholar annually, However, the number of awards for this scholarship varies every year. The Application process has been started and the last date to apply for The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship (OCSI) 2018-19 is 15 May 2018.
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship (OCSI) 2018-19 dates
|OCSI Scholarship 2018-19 Application Begin
|OCSI Scholarship 2018-19 Application Ends
||15 May 2018
|Candidates will be informed for Interview
||Mid June 2018
|Interview of the shortlisted candidates in New Delhi
|OCSI Scholarship 2018-19 Awards and Result Declaration
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Oxford & Cambridge Scholarships
Oxford & Cambridge Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
||India (Only Indian Citizens)
||Not more than 30 years of age as on 1 September 2018
- Nationality: Must be a citizen of India.
- Must be ordinarily resident in India
- Academic Qualification: Must be a graduate of an Indian university.
- Applicants who are expected to graduate in the year of the award are also eligible to apply for the awards.
- Must have applied for and secured admission to study a fulltime course at the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford
- Candidates are required to present proof of admission before granting of the scholarship, and proof of having taken up residence at Cambridge or Oxford before the scholarships funds would be released
The Candidate must intend to pursue a course of study in one of the following
- Bachelor's degree programme.
- Second Bachelors degree as an Affiliated Student/Senior Status
- Taught and research-based Masters Programme of various durations (including M.Sc, engineering, medicine)
- One-year postgraduate courses (e.g. M.Phil, LLM, Diploma, CASM or Part III Maths, MBA, PGCE etc.)
- Research leading to the Ph.D. Degree
- Must be admitted to the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford through the University’s normal academic procedures
Candidates not eligible for OCSI scholarship
- Close family members of the Executive committee of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India are not eligible to participate in the scholarship.
- Candidates who have already received such monetary support from other institution are not eligible.
Oxford & Cambridge Scholarships Reward
Following financial award of scholarships will be given to the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India
- One OCSI scholarship worth INR 300,000 (Rupees Three Lakh only) tenable at either the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford.
- One scholarship worth INR 100,000 (Rupees One Lakh only) tenable only at Emmanuel College, University of Cambridge.
- One scholarship worth INR 100,000 (Rupees One Lakh only) tenable only at St. Hilda's College, University of Oxford.
- The financial award of scholarship
- Letter of support from OCSI for other scholarship awarding bodies.
- Assistance in fast-tracked education loan from an Indian financial institution, based on OCSI Scholarship letter, with automatic loan qualification status from a leading financial institution.
- Complimentary life membership of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India
- Mentoring, whereby a member of OCSI shall play the role of mentor and will support the OCSI during his/her stay at Oxford /Cambridge by giving appropriate guidance to the awardees.
- Assistance from OCSI in returning to India and reintegrating in the professional environment of India
Kindly Note: At least one scholarship is given annually, but the number and value of awards may vary per year.
Oxford & Cambridge Scholarships Application form and Process
The application process for OCSI scholarships has been started. Candidates can click on the link to apply for OCSI application form, The application form duly filled must be submitted on or before the last date of the application i.e. 15 May 2018. Follow the link given below to apply online for The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship.
Download Application Form
Submission of the Application Form
The duly filled application form must be submitted via Email. Candidates are required to return a scanned copy of the completed form by email to the "Chair of the Scholarships The committee, The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India at the email address given below.
- Email: Secretary@oxbridgeindia.com
Oxford & Cambridge Scholarships Selection Process
- The announcement about the scholarship will be sent to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge, the British Council and a designated list of Indian colleges by February 2018.
- The short-listed candidates shall be informed by Mid June 2018, and later called for interview in July 2018.
- The decision of the OCSI Scholarship Committee on the short-listing and selection of candidates shall be final.
- All short-listed candidates will be required to physically attend however OCSI scholarship committee at a designated venue in New Delhi in July 2018.
- The final award offer may be made to selected candidates within two weeks of the scholarship interviews being held.
- No traveling allowance will be paid to the candidates shortlisted for interview for coming to Delhi.
- Award will normally be made to the selected candidates by the end July 2018.
Oxford & Cambridge Scholarships Address
c/o Bharat Kumar,
366, Sector 15-A,
Dean's Excellence Award for India is being offered by the University of Strathclyde, Scotland to Indian students who are willing to pursue postgr... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships (SSS) is a scholarship offered as a funding tie-up between Scottish Higher Education Institutions and the Govern... Read More
59th International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) is the world championship of mathematics for high school students organised annually in different count... Read More