MoSPI On The Spot Essay Writing Competition for Students of Statistics
AAKASH Scholarship Test for Class 11, 12 Apply Now
AAKASH NEET Online Test Series @ Rs 1359 APPLY Now
AAKASH Scholarship Test for Class 8, 9, 10 Apply Now
About On The Spot Essay Writing Competition
On the Spot essay competition is organised by The Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI) on the subjects related to statistics for the PG students of statistics as a part for the celebration of Statistics Day on June 29.
The students would be given two topics on the spot, and an essay of about 5000 words should be written on one of the topics in 3 hours.
- Prize: The winners of the On The Spot Essay Writing Competition 2019 will get cash prizes worth Rs. Ninety-four thousand along with Certificates of Merit.
- Participation: The participants should fill the application form, submit the same via post and report at the nearest Regional/ Sub Regional office to participate in the competition.
- On the spot essay writing Competition will be held on 24 February 2019 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
On the Spot Essay Competition Important Dates 2019
|Last date to submit the application form
|On the Spot Essay Writing Competition
||24 February 2019
|National Statistics Day
Subscribe for Regular Updates of On The Spot Essay Writing Competition
On The Spot Essay Writing Competition Eligibility Criteria
||Post Graduate Students of Statistics
- Nationality: Participants should be residents of India.
- Educational Qualification: Participants must be currently pursuing Post Graduation in statistics from renowned university/colleges.
On The Spot Essay Writing Competition Reward
Cash prize: The best-selected essays will receive:
- First Prize (Single award): Rs 15,000
- Second Prize (2 awardees): Rs 12,000 each
- Third Prize (3 awardees): Rs 10,000 each
- Consolation Prize (5 awardees): Rs 5,000 each
- The winners of the competition will be invited to a function to be organized in New Delhi on June 29 on the National Statistics day which is the birth anniversary of scientist and applied statistician P.C. Mahalanobis
- Travel Arrangement: The winners coming to the place of the function will be entitled to receive actual fares of their to and fro journey through shortest route by rail in AC-III tier.
- Stay Arrangement: Winners stay arrangement at New Delhi to be made by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI).
On The Spot Essay Writing Competition Application form and Process
The candidate willing to be a part of On the spot Essay Writing Competition should fill in the application form and submit the same in duplicate through the Head of the Department of the university/college.
On the spot essay writing competition Rules
- Venue of the Competition: Eligible participants will have to come to the nearest Regional/ Sub Regional office for writing the essay.
- Topics: Two topics would be given on the spot.
- Word Limit: 5000 words
- Time Duration: 3 hours
Click here to download the Application Form and rules for Essay Competition
- The essays will be checked by a committee on the basis of Content, innovation of ideas, a sequence of presentation and writing skills.
- Winners will be notified in writing and the list of winners will be published on the ministry’s website.
On The Spot Essay Writing Competition Contact Details
Director (Social Statistics Division)
Central Statistics Office, Ministry of Statistics & PI
West Block-8, Wing-6, R.K. Puram
A Star India Youth Scholarship is a four-year programme pertaining to Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’... Read More
National ICT Award for school teachers 2020 is awarded to facilitate those teachers who have enhanced student learning by effectively a... Read More
RD Sethna Scholarship is one of the oldest Scholarship which was started in the year 1938. Rd Sethna Scholarship Fund aims at granting loan scholarshi... Read More
13th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition has been launched by the Samsung Engineering in association with the United Nations Environme... Read More