Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2018
About Obama Foundation Scholars Program
Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2018 has been announced by The Obama Foundation and Harris School of Public Policy, the University of Chicago for bright students all over the world who are focused on the issue of global importance. In Obama Foundation Scholars Program, students will earn a Master of Arts degree focused on International Development and Policy at the University of Chicago, Harris School of Public Policy. Interested candidates have to fill the online application form to apply for this scholarship. The application process of Obama Foundation Scholars Programme will be done until 17 April 2018. Candidates have to submit their application form on or before the due date. The complete information about Obama Foundation Scholars Program is available on this page below.
Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2018 Dates
Obama Foundation Scholarship Application Ends
17 April 2018
Admission Notification Release Date
31 May 2018
Last Date for Candidate’s Acceptance Confirmation
1 July 2018
Commencement of Class
1 October 2018
Top Scholarships of the week
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Obama Foundation Scholars Program
Obama Foundation Scholars Program Eligibility Criteria
||Across the Globe
- Candidates must have work experience of the 3-5 year or more and professional accomplishments with a clear trajectory of increasing impact.
- Candidates must have a track record of community service or work for the public good. This work experience can be a full-time professional role or part-time.
- Possess a clear focus on a global challenge or policy issue.
- English Language Requirements: International candidates are required a valid score of TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Candidates also can submit other scores such as IELTS, GRE, etc. but GRE is Not Required.
Obama Foundation Scholars Program Reward
- The students will receive a one of kind scholarship that will include full tuition, living expenses, books and access to exceptional programming outside the classroom in partnership with Obama Foundation
- The University of Chicago offers fee waivers for applicants who can demonstrate substantial financial hardships, who have participated in programs such as AmeriCorps, Teach for America, or Peace Corps, or who meet other additional criteria.
- Students will earn a Master of Arts degree focused on International Development and Policy at the University of Chicago, Harris School of Public Policy.
- In addition, the Obama Foundation will offer a powerful program of authority advancement and administration exercises all through the scholastic year to enable Scholars to pick up this present reality ability, tools and experiences.
Obama Foundation Scholars Program Application form and Process
Candidates have to fill the online application form to obtain Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2018. A single application from each candidate has to be submitted for the Harris MA-IDP and the Obama Foundation Scholarship. The last date for Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2018 application submission is 17 April 2018. Interested candidates can click on the following link to fill the application form.
Click Here to Apply Online
Application Fee: 50 USD (Non-refundable)
Steps to fill the Obama Foundation Scholars Application Form 2018
- STEP 1: Registration: First of all, candidates have to register themselves with the website before filling the application form. Candidates have to submit their general details such as Name, DOB, and Email ID. After successful submission of details, candidates will receive a temporary PIN on their registered Email ID. Candidates have to submit the temporary PIN in the given section and click on the “login” button. Now candidates have to generate their Password.
- STEP 2: Start New Application: After successful login, candidates have to click on the “Start New Application” button to fill the application form.
- STEP 3: Personal Details & Photograph: Candidates have to fill their personal information such as Name, Address, Contact Number, Gender, etc. and also have to upload scanned copy of their photograph.
- STEP 4: Application Information: Candidates have to fill the application related details in this section.
- STEP 5: Upload Resume/ CV: Candidates have to upload their Resume/CV in Word or PDF format.
- STEP 6: Applicant Signature: In this page, candidates have to enter their signature.
- STEP 7: Application Review: At the end, an application review page will open; here candidate can take a preview of their filled application form. Any kind of missing information will be shown to the candidate in this section. Candidate should fill all the required fields before final submission.
Requirements to be attached along with Obama Foundation Scholars Application 2018
- Transcripts - The candidates have to include the transcripts of the prior academic work from any institution of higher education
- Test Scores - International candidates need a valid score of TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). The Harris institution code is 1849 or 1832. Both codes will be accepted. Candidates also can submit other scores such as IELTS, GRE, etc. but GRE is Not Required.
- Work Experience - Include current and prior positions. 3 to 5 or more experience would be preferable. This would include the nature of the job, responsibilities with current resume by mentioning education, community service, professional honours, and any other relevant information.
- Letter of Recommendation - At least one reference from the previous professor who can speak about the academic background and preparedness for graduate studies for the candidate. This should also be submitted through the electronic application
- Two Short Essay Responses - In this, the candidates have to tell about the current work which can be included paid employment or your significant volunteer activity.
- In answering, please describe the concrete impact – however you define impact – your current work is having. Why have you chosen this work? What are the challenges you have faced in this work and how have you sought to overcome them? (400 words or fewer)
- What impact do you want to have on the world? How would becoming an Obama Foundation Scholar help you achieve this? What do you plan to do after the Obama Foundation Scholars Program? What will you do if you are not selected? (300 words or fewer)
Obama Foundation Scholars Program Selection Process
The selection of candidates for Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2018 will be based on the application received to the foundation filled by the candidates. It is also to be noticed that the decision of the Obama Foundation and Harris School of Public Policy, the University of Chicago regarding selection will be final and no objection in this regard would be entertained.
Other Important Details regarding Obama Foundation Scholars Program
Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2018 is available for following courses which are offered at Harris School of Public Policy, University of Chicago
- BA/MPP Program
- BA/MSCAPP Program
- Master of Public Policy (MPP) Program
- Master of Arts (MA) Program (1 Year)
- Master of Arts in International Development and Policy (Obama Foundation Scholar)
- Master's Degree, Part-Time (Evening) Master of Arts in Public Policy MA-PP
- Master of Arts in Public Policy and International Relations (AM/MA)
- Master of Arts in Public Policy with Certificate in Research Methods (MACRM)
- Master of Science in Computational Analysis and Public Policy (MSCAPP)
- Master of Science in Environmental Science and Policy (MSESP)
- MPP/JD Program
- MPP/MBA Program
- MPP/MA Program
- MPP/MDiv Program
- Doctoral Program (PhD) in Public Policy
- Data and Policy Summer Scholar Program
List of Scholarships and Olympiads
Obama Foundation Scholars Program Contact Details
Office of Recruitment
Harris School of Public Policy
University of Chicago 1155 E. 60th St.
Chicago, IL 60637
World of 7 Billion Student Video Contest aims to influence public policies, attitudes, and behaviour on national and global population issues and... Read More
Charpak Research Internship Program 2019 is conducted by the French Embassy in India in salutation to the Nobel Prize-winning physicist Georges C... Read More
Taiwan ICDF scholarship programme 2019 is for the Indian students who want to pursue Undergraduate, Graduate, and PhD degree program in Taiw... Read More
DBT JRF 2019 - Junior Research Fellowship in Biotechnology is conducted by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the Ministry of Scien... Read More