Nikon Small World Photomicrography Competition 2018
About Nikon Small World Photomicrography Contest
Nikon Small World Photomicrography Competition 2018 is conducted by Nikon Corporation. The Competition is conducted every year since 1975 and offers a chance to the photomicrographs across the globe to communicate and to enhance the image-making culture uniform for amateurs and professionals. The Nikon Small World Photography Competition fosters a passionate community that supports the photographers who are willing to share an extensive array of images related to scientific disciplines.
- This year the subject matter is unrestricted and any type of light microscopy technique is acceptable.
- Desired candidates can directly upload the digital images on the official web page of Small World servers as per the guidelines.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Nikon Small World Photomicrography Contest
Nikon Small World Photomicrography Contest Eligibility Criteria
||18 years & above
- All amateurs and professionals can apply.
- The eligible candidates should be interested in digital or film photography through the microscope.
The Photomicrographs must be taken using a light microscope and should be original work of the photographers and should not be submitted anywhere else.
- Macro photography is not acceptable.
Not eligible to participate: Not open to employees of Nikon or its subsidiary companies or associates.
Nikon Small World Photomicrography Contest Reward
|Images of Distinction
||Nikon Backpack (or equivalent)
Kindly Note: The award-winning prize money has to be redeemed in exchange for Nikon products only, directly from Nikon USA, and cannot be redeemed for cash
Nikon Small World Photomicrography Contest Application form and Process
The applicants are required to apply through Online Application System. The applicants will have to fill in the Small World Contest application form and upload their work. There are no application charges to apply for the contest. An applicant can submit 3 digital photographs or Video.
Submit photo for Nikon Photo Contest 2018
Guidelines for uploading the image
- The maximum file size that the applicant has to submit should be of 100MB.
- File size should not be less than 3MB although smaller file sizes will not be disqualified.
- The files must be in.jpeg, .tiff, .pict or .psd format. The image should be of the highest quality with regard to file size, bit depth, and resolution.
- If in case the images are on a film then take care that 35mm mounted transparency will only be accepted. Glass mounts are strictly prohibited to use.
Important points to be noted
- Applicants cannot submit the same work that has won any other competition.
- Applicants can submit max 3 photos & 1 video.
- Applicants can enter multiple times till they do not exceed the number of works allowed.
- Applicants can cancel the submission and re-enter the work during the entry period of the contest.
Not to do these things for participating
- Entries cannot be submitted through an email.
- Works that have won prizes in other contests and are submitted for other competitions before applying for this competition are not eligible.
- All files will be retained by Nikon Instruments Inc., and cannot be returned
- Electron microscopy is not acceptable.
- If the candidate fails to abide by the above-mentioned rules then their entry will be disqualified.
All entries should be posted on the website before the due date which is 30 April 2018.
Nikon Small World Photomicrography Contest Selection Process
There would be Nikon’s panel of judges who will take the final decision.
- Entries will be judged on
- Informational Content
- Technical Proficiency
- Visual Impact
- The winners shall be apprised by e-mail notified by 15 August 2018.
- Failure to respond within 14 days shall lead to disqualification. Any changes in the email shall be notified to the organiser through an email.
- The winners shall be invited to the award ceremony and an exhibition which will be held for the awarded work. The date and venue shall be announced on the website.
Nikon Small World Photomicrography Contest Contact Details
Nikon’s Small World Competition, Nikon Instruments Inc.,
1300 Walt Whitman Road, Melville,
NY 11747-3064 USA
AICTE-ECI-ISTE Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards 2018 - The competition is held jointly by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of... Read More
WRO India 2018, World Robot Olympiad India 2018 is one of the largest Robotics Competition going to held in Thailand for students between the age... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students is a Central Sector Scheme provided by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs that wil... Read More