Nestle Nutrition Institute Research Fellowship 2016
About Nestle Nutrition Fellowship
- The Nestle Nutrition Fellowship 2016 is offered by Nestlé Nutrition Institute and enable young health professionals from developing countries to access postgraduate training through leading institutions.
- The Scholarship is offered for research skills training which can help in performing research in the field of mother and child health and nutrition
- The duration of the training can last up to 12 months
- The fellowship grant has been launched:
- To carry out a research project in a foreign country institution;
- To attend a training course
- All institutions offering a training programme in the area of Maternal or Child Health and Nutrition can be a host institution.
Nestle Nutrition Fellowship 2016 - Schedule
| Last date of submission of Application Form (October)
||October 1, 2016
| Last date of submission of Application Form (March)
||March 1, 2017
|Review and Result of the applications made in (March)
|Review and Result of the applications made in (October)
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Nestle Nutrition Fellowship
Nestle Nutrition Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Nestle Fellowships are available for post graduate qualifications only
- The fellow should be associated with an academic/clinical institution
- There is NO restriction over Nationality
Not Eligible to participate
- 3 years before the Application if the candidate has spent 12 months outside his/her home country
- If at the time of applying for the fellowship the candidate has already left their home country
- Candidates who have completed more than one half of any training programme they may already be enrolled in.
- If the candidate is already availing any other scholarship
- Applications will not be entertained if the applicant’s home country law prohibits the nature of this activity.
Nestle Nutrition Fellowship Reward
- In case of research project, the fellow’s round-trip travel to the host Institution, lodging expenses and a monthly stipend in addition to any host institution fees and some study related expenses up to 40 000 CHF will be covered.
- The amount of 40’000 CHF applies for the longer length projects (12 months).
- A proportion of this amount will be paid to shorter duration projects.
How the Fellowship amount will be disbursed?
- The NNI grant will be given to the Host Institution which will disburse it to the fellow
- In no case, the money will be paid directly to the NNI fellow.
Nestle Nutrition Fellowship Application form and Process
Candidates have to submit an application describing their interest in participating in the NNI Research training Fellowship. Download the Application form by following the link given below.
Submission of the Application Form
The duly filled in Application form can be submitted either via mail at NNI@nestle.com or by fax to + 41 21 924 2836.
Enclosures to be sent along with the Application form
The application form must be accompanied by the following:
- Details of their current level of training,
- Curriculum Vitae,
- A plan of the proposed training/activity clearly indicating its specific outcomes and
- Two letters of recommendation (1 from the institution where the candidate is working and 1 from the host institution).
- Letter stating intent to return to the home country upon completion of the training program.
Nestle Nutrition Fellowship Selection Process
- A Panel of members of the NNI Faculty with relevant expertise in a given field will assess all Fellowship applications.
- Priority consideration will be given to candidates of junior positions from developing countries.
- The candidates’ history of previous or alternate grants will be taken into consideration.
- Candidates will be notified of the NNI’s decision by letter.
- The candidates will be informed about their selection in November