Nature in Focus Photography Contest 2017
About Nature in Focus Photography Contest
Nature in Focus, Asia’s premier photography festival is conducting Nature in Focus Photography Contest 2017 to identify and award photographer whose photographs represent a sense of wonder and empathy with nature’s biodiversity. Application for "NIF photographer of the year" can be made under the following categories. To participate in Nature in Focus Photography Contest 2017, the participants can upload a maximum of 20 photographs with not more than 4 photographs under each category.
- Animal Portraits
- Animal Behaviour
- Landscape & Animals in Habitat
- Conservation Issues
- Creative Nature Photography
- Young Photographer (Below 18 Years)
Winner: The grand winner will get INR 50,000 or US$ 755.22
Application: The application will be online and the candidates will have to make a nominal payment of INR 1,000 or US$ 16 at the time of application, the application has started from 31 May 2017 and will end on 10 July 2017.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Nature in Focus Photography Contest
Nature in Focus Photography Contest Eligibility Criteria
||Open to All
- Both young, as well as adult photographers, can apply
- The submitted photograph must have been taken in the last 5 years.
- Participants can upload a maximum of 20 photographs with not more than 4 photographs under each category.
- Not Eligible: Employees sponsor and partners of NIF are not allowed to participate in the contest.
- Photographs of pets or captive animals are not allowed.
Nature in Focus Photography Contest Reward
- Category Winners: INR 50,000 + Certificate + Trophy
- Category Runners up: INR 25,000 + Certificate + Trophy
- NIF photographer of the year: Additional INR 50,000 + Certificate + Trophy + 3 nights and 4 days couple stay at Porini Cheetah Camp, Ol Kinyei Conservancy, Africa (includes Game Drive and Ex Nairobi - Travel by road) Prize Value: $2,750
The candidates must note that the prize money would be awarded to the after TDS deduction.
Nature in Focus Photography Contest Application form and Process
The application has begun from 31 May 2017, and it closes on 10 July 2017.The application has to be filled online. The registration fee of INR 1000/ US$16 has to be paid per application.
Click here to apply for Nature in Focus Photography Contest 2017
Guidelines for Submitting the Photograph
- For all categories, digital files must be uploaded to the official website.
- Caption information should be supplied during the registration process.
- The photos submitted must have been taken in the last five years.
- All the images must be in JPEG format and RGB mode, the maximum size of the image should be 1920 pixels/5MB at 72 dpi.
- Photographs with borders, frames, watermarks or signatures will not be accepted.
- Basic retouching(brightness, saturation, sharpening and contrast) is acceptable only if the adjustment is not tampering with the image quality.
- Once shortlisted images are chosen, participants will be contacted to provide the accompanying RAW file.
Submission: The image has to be uploaded online for assessment.
Nature in Focus Photography Contest Selection Process
The "NIF photographer of the year" will be chosen by the jury amongst winners from all categories as a separate award.
The selection of the images would be based on the following parameters:
- Technical and artistic considerations
The winners are announced at the time of Nature in Focus Festival.
Nature in Focus Photography Contest Contact Details
ACST 2019 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates preparing for engineering entrance exams, medical ... Read More
ONGC Scholarship 2019 for SC and ST students - ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited) an Indian multinational oil & gas company has come u... Read More
LAMP Fellowship provides an opportunity for young Indians to be mentored by a Member of Parliament of India for a period of 11 months. The LAMP F... Read More
Nikon Photo Contest is conducted by Nikon Corporation International every year since 1969 to offer a chance to the photographers worldwide to communic... Read More