National Geographic Photo Contest 2016
About National Geographic Photo Contest
- National Geographic Photo Contest invites online entries for their National Geographic Photo Contest 2016.
- The contest is open for individuals who have reached the age of an adulthood as per the rules of their respective countries.
- For entry to the National Geographic Photo Contest, participants need to submit their entries online using the official portal of National Geographic with the entry fee of 15 USD for every entry.
- The last date to submit the entries is November 4, 2016, till 2:00:00 p.m. US Eastern Standard Time “EST” and the result will be announced by December 9, 2016.
- Each winner will each receive $2,500, and his/her winning photograph will be published in National Geographic magazine and online.
Top 10 Photography Contest
Subscribe for Regular Updates of National Geographic Photo Contest
National Geographic Photo Contest Eligibility Criteria
||Global except Cuba, Iran, New Jersey, North Korea, Sudan or Syria
||Those who have reached the age of majority in their respective countries
- Age: The participants must be an adult as per the rules of their respective nations.
- Nationality: The contest is open for participants of all nationalities except Cuba, Iran, New Jersey, North Korea, Sudan or Syria.
Not Eligible for the Contest:
Employees of National Geographic Society and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their immediate family members or persons living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related are not eligible
National Geographic Photo Contest Reward
A first-place winner will be selected for each category:
- The First Place Winner in each Category will receive US$2,500 and their winning photograph will be published in National Geographic magazine
GRAND PRIZE WINNER
One Grand Prize Winner will receive, in addition to the First Place prize:
- A Galápagos Expedition for Two With National Geographic Expeditions
- Trip includes
- round-trip coach class air transportation between a major airport near Winner’s home and Washington, DC
- three (3) nights’ hotel accommodations in Washington, DC
- a behind-the-scenes tour of National Geographic headquarters
- access to the all-day Seminar on January 14, where Grand Prize Winner’s winning entry will be projected
National Geographic Photo Contest Application form and Process
Interested candidates have to submit their entries on the official website. The categories for entries are:
- There is no limit on the number of entries per person
Specifications of the Photograph
The submitted photograph must comply with the following criteria:
- Format: The image need to be in digital format and must have .JPG or .JPEG format.
- Scanned images of negatives, transcripts or photographic prints are acceptable while submission of print or film submission is not allowed.
- Size: The maximum size of the image should be less than 20 MB.
- Resolution: 1600 pixels wide and tall are acceptable.
- Time Duration: The photograph must not be taken prior to two years of the date of entry to the competition and should not have won any photo contest of National Geographic.
- Editing: Minor cropping, dodging, burning or color enhancements are acceptable along with stitched panoramas and High Dynamic Range images.
- Caption: The image being submitted need to have a caption that describes the circumstances under which the picture was taken.
- Original Work: The submitted image need to be the original work of the participant and any conflict arising because of any copyright etc. will be the sole responsibility of the participant.
- Not allowed: The image should not have a watermark on it and should also not contain obscene, sexually explicit, objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Participation Fee: Each entry must be submitted with a participation fee of US$ 15.
Submission of the Photograph
The submission process is online and will take place using the contest page of National Geographic’s Website. The details for the submission are as follow:
- The applicants need to visit the Contest Page and register there by entering the details.
Click Here to submit Photograph
- The applicants need to enter their name, address, telephone number, email address,
- The payment of the fee needs to be done by following the onscreen instructions.
National Geographic Photo Contest Selection Process
The selection of the winners will be done by a judging panel consisting of photographic experts. The details of the selection process are as follow:
- Judging Process: The process of judging will consists of three rounds of evaluation.
- Round One: Each judge will select ten entries from all eligible entries received. Each entry will be evaluated and marked on the following bases:
- Creativity 34%
- Photographic quality 34%
- Genuineness and authenticity of the content 32%
- Round Two: The entries selected in Round One will be judged collectively by complete panel and on the basis of Judging Criteria, the winner for each category will be finalized.
- Round Three:the Judges will select a Grand Prize Winner from among the First Place Winners based on the Judging Criteria
- Notification to Winners: Winners will be chosen in December and will be notified by e-mail. Decisions of the Judges are final and binding
National Geographic Photo Contest Result 2016
The result of the contest will be declared on or about December 9, 2016, on the official website
National Geographic Photo Contest Address
National Geographic Society
1145 17th Street N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036-4688
National Geographic Photo Contest Contact Details
Phone No.: +1 202 912 6500
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics is awarded every year by Trinity College to honour the connection between the famous Indian mathema... Read More
INMO 2020 (Indian National Mathematical Olympiad) is the 2nd step of the ladder to qualify for International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO). In... Read More
Indian National Olympiad (INO) 2020 Programme refers to a systematic activity supported by the Government of India to select and train Indian teams fo... Read More
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungry 2020 is in accordance with the Educational Exchange Programme Agreement signed between... Read More