Microsoft Innovative Educator Program 2015
About Microsoft Innovative Educator Program
- The Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Expert program is a new form of program wherein global educator visionaries will be selected to create a smooth path for better learning opportunities for students and their friends with the effective use of technology.
- The candidates selected will be given the designation of MIE Experts. Now these MIE Experts will have to work closely with Microsoft to lead innovation in education.
- They have to share their thoughts on effective use of technology in education with other team members and policy makers.
- Further they have to provide Microsoft an insight about the new products and tools that can be used in education and exchange best practices as they will work together to promote innovation in teaching and learning.
- Duration of the program is 3 years.
- This is in a laymen terms an Online program wherein the selected candidates will have to perform the below mentioned tasks (Given in the reward section) to bring about a change in the prevailing Education System.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Microsoft Innovative Educator Program
Microsoft Innovative Educator Program Eligibility Criteria
||Open to All
- Self-driven educators who are passionate about their careers
- Students who possess outside-the-box thinking and a true collaborative spirit
- Candidate who have a desire to bring some change in the society’s education system
- Candidate who can work to achieve excellence in education using advanced technologies and social media.
Microsoft Innovative Educator Program Reward
Activities performed by Microsoft Innovative Educator Reward
In a year, MIE Experts typically performs the below mentioned activities:
- Attend Webinars: They are required to attend EduCast Webinars
- Provide Feedback: They become a part of a focus group giving feedback to a development team on a Microsoft product
- Impart Training: They have to give training and coaching to colleagues and invite them to join the online Microsoft Educator Community
- Become Thought Leaders: They have to themselves become the thought leader by performing the below mentioned tasks:
- Speaking at conferences
- Regularly participating in social media such as Facebook and Twitter
- Authoring a blog that highlights innovative uses of Microsoft technologies in the classroom
- Presenting in local or global webcasts
- Try out new products as they come out and are in beta form
- Collaborate with innovative educators across the globe using Skype in the Classroom
- Host regional events showcasing Microsoft technology
- Mentor 3-5 colleagues throughout the year and encourage them to apply to become an Expert Educator
- Access FREE software and tools to engage students in the classroom
- View hundreds of learning activities and ICT tutorials created by educators to increase student achievement
- Contribute to the global conversation on education and technology
Microsoft Innovative Educator Program Application form and Process
Microsoft Innovative Educator Application Process
Candidates have to fill in the Application Form available at the official website. This process of filling the Application Form here is known as self-nomination process
Candidates have to answer the below mentioned three questions
- Why you would like to consider yourself to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert.
- Describe a lesson you have taught in which you have incorporated Microsoft technologies in an innovative ways.
- How do you think being and MIE Expert will impact your teaching.
Candidates can submit the answer to the above mentioned questions in a form of a video, a hosted document, a Sway, a Mix whatever format the candidate is most comfortable with.
Submission: Thereafter the candidate has to submit the URL of their chosen method of response.
Microsoft Innovative Educator Program Selection Process
Microsoft Innovative Educator Selection Process
Selection Criteria: Candidates will be selected by the regional Microsoft representative on the following few basis:
- The quality of the responses to the self-nominations form
- The level of innovation
- Use of Microsoft tools described in the learning activity
- The level of detail in how becoming a part of the program will impact both teaching and student learning.
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics is awarded every year by Trinity College to honour the connection between the famous Indian mathema... Read More
INMO 2020 (Indian National Mathematical Olympiad) is the 2nd step of the ladder to qualify for International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO). In... Read More
Indian National Olympiad (INO) 2020 Programme refers to a systematic activity supported by the Government of India to select and train Indian teams fo... Read More
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungry 2020 is in accordance with the Educational Exchange Programme Agreement signed between... Read More