MEXT Scholarship for Higher Studies in Japan
About MEXT Scholarship for Higher Study in Japan
MEXT Scholarship Japanese Government invites applications from Indian national who want to pursue their Higher education i.e. post graduation, doctoral or research study in Japan. The candidates willing to apply for the scholarship need to make online application on the official website of Ministry of Human Resource Development on or before 16 June 2017. Japanese embassy will shortlist the candidates initially by conducting a written examination and the successful candidates will be recommended to MEXT Scholarship. MEXT will conduct the final selection of the candidates.
Subjects offered in MEXT Scholarship for Higher Studies
The scholarship includes 6 months education in the Japanese language and other subjects which will be provided after the scholar’s arrival in Japan. The Scholarship is available for the following subjects:
- Japan-related Humanities
- Japan-related Social Science
- Management Studies
- Mathematical Science
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Biology and Biotechnology
- Agriculture and Fishery
- Environmental Science
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Geology and Geoinformatics
- Civil Engineering
- Material Science/ Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Information Technology
Subscribe for Regular Updates of MEXT Scholarship for Higher Study in Japan
MEXT Scholarship for Higher Study in Japan Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
||Graduate or Post-Graduate
- Nationality: The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- Age: The applicant must be born between 2 April 1996 and 1 April 2001 i.e. between the age of 17 to 21 years.
- Academic Qualification: The candidates must have completed their graduation or post-graduation in the relevant subject by the regular college.
- Minimum Marks: The applicant must have scored at least 65 % marks in their last degree.
- Additional Scores: In case of applicant interested in Management courses he should also possess minimum GMA T score of 650 or CAT score of 95 percentile while making the application.
- Health Status: Candidate must be in sound health so that they can be productive during their study in Japan.
Not eligible for the Scholarship
- Candidates who possess dual nationality at the time of arrival to Japan and are not willing to give up Japanese nationality.
- Candidates who are military personnel or military civilian employee at the time of arrival at japan.
- Candidates who have received the MEXT scholarship.
MEXT Scholarship for Higher Study in Japan Reward
- The selected scholars will receive the monthly stipend depending upon the course selected by them. The details are as follow:
- Research Students (non-regular students): 143,000 Yen approximately 76,300 Indian Rupees.
- Regular Students in Master's courses or Professional Graduate Courses: 144,000 Yen approximately 85,000 Indian Rupees.
- Regular students in Doctoral Courses: 145,000 Yen approximately 77,400 India Rupees.
The scholars who are researching in any particular field will get additional 2000-3000 yen (approximately 1000-1600 Indian Rupees)
- Travel Allowance/ Air Fare: The scholars will be entitled to economy class to and fro return fare subjected to the conditions of the extension of stay in Japan and other rules applicable.
- Fee: Tuition Fee, the fee for the entrance examination and matriculation will be paid by the Government of Japan.
- Preparatory Education: The scholarship includes 6 months preparatory education in the Japanese language and other subjects which will be provided after the scholar’s arrival in Japan.
- Duration of the Scholarship: The period of the scholarship will be of 2 years if the course starts in April 2016 and one and a half year in case of course starting from October 2016, which can be extended under certain conditions.
MEXT Scholarship for Higher Study in Japan Application form and Process
The candidates who are interested in making application for the MEXT Scholarship, need to visit the scholarship portal named as SAKSHAT available on the official website of MHRD. Candidates need to register there and complete the online application process. The details of the process are as follow:
- Mode of application: The applications will be made online only. Interested candidates can visit the scholarship portal of MHRD to enrol in the application process.
- Documents to be attached: The following documents are required to be uploaded to the website in order to complete the application process:
- Self-attested copy of qualifying exam’s mark sheet
- Self-attested copy of Date of Birth Certificate
- Self-attested copies of all other education-related documents, such as certificates, diploma and degrees.
- In case grades are mentioned, the applicant must upload the conversion formula adopted by the university for the purpose of grading.
- Self-attested copy of N2 or higher Japanese Language Proficiency Test.
Submission of the Application Form
Candidates are advised to check the details of the application form and then make the final submission as the candidates need to know that once the application gets submitted, the candidates will not be able to change the details of the application form.
The candidates have to send the application form along with the following enclosure mentioning subject Research Student and file name as the field of study name should be sent to the Embassy through email as an attachment by 18 May 2017 positively to the Email id: email@example.com
- Brief info
- Application Form
- Field of Study & Research Proposal
- Placement Preference
MEXT Scholarship for Higher Study in Japan Selection Process
There will be 3 stages involved in the selection process. Each stage of the MEXT Scholarship for Higher education is given below.
- Screening of the Application Form: Initially the applications received will be screened on the basis of the documents attached with application.
- Written Examination: The second stage will be the written exam conducted by The Japanese Diplomatic Mission. All the candidates will have to appear in The Japanese and The English language examinations. The best score obtained in either Japanese or English will be considered as the score of written examination.
- Those candidates who were unable to perform up to the required standards will not be called to the interview stage.
- Interview: The third stage is the interview by MHRD and Japanese Embassy. The candidates shortlisted on the basis of the written examination will be first interviewed by MHRD expert panel consisting of experts from different and then recommended candidates will be interviewed by the Japanese Embassies.
- Up to 30 recommendations can be made for a maximum of 30 applicants.
MEXT Scholarship for Higher Study in Japan Contact Details
Ministry of Human Resource Development
Shastri Bhavan,(2) Jeevan Deep Building,
Parliament Street & (3) West Block No.1,
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
A Star India Youth Scholarship is a four-year programme pertaining to Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’... Read More
SIA Youth Scholarship 2018: The application process has started. The candidates can apply for SIA Youth Scholarship 2018 through this page. SIA Youth ... Read More
NBHM Scholarship MSc 2018: The application process has started for NBHM Scholarship 2018. The candidates can apply for NBHM Scholarship MSc by 30... Read More