Mexican Government Scholarship 2017 - Study in Mexico
About Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Mexico invites applications from international students willing to Study in Mexico for a specialization, master’s, doctorate degree, graduate-level research, or undergraduate or graduate-level academic mobility program in Mexico.
- The application for Mexican Government Scholarship needs to be made through Mexican embassy in the home country of the applicant. Direct applications are not accepted for the scholarship program.
- The duration of the scholarship depends on upon the selected course, in general, the duration ranges from one semester to 3 years.
- The scholarship will be awarded to applicants from more than 180 countries by the means of multilateral programs and special agreements.
- Applicants need to make separate applications for scholarship and admission into institutes in Mexico.
- The Study in Mexico Scholarship is available for selected courses.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students
Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students Eligibility Criteria
- Academic Qualification: The applicant must have Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D. degree depending upon the requirement of the program for which the scholarship is being applied.
- Minimum marks: The applicant must have the minimum grade average of 8 on a scale of 0 to 10 or an equivalent percentage in the last degree attended.
- Acceptance: The applicant must be either accepted or presently enrolled in a program in any of the participating Mexican Institutes.
- Spanish Language Certificate: The candidate applying for the scholarship should have some knowledge about Spanish Language and thus they need to submit a certificate issued by any university or language center certifying an advanced level of proficiency in Spanish.
Not eligible for the Scholarship
- Those candidates who have already received any scholarship from Mexican Government.
- Applications from the applicants living abroad are not eligible to apply.
Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students Reward
- Monthly Stipend:
- For Undergraduate and Master's Level: MXN 8412 (Approx. Rs.35500).
- For Doctoral and Postdoctoral Level: MXN 10515 (Approx. Rs. 44400).
- Fees: The Registration fee and the tuition fee will be paid by the related authorities.
- Health Insurance: Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) health insurance will provide cover to the student from the third month of the scholarship. It is mandatory for the candidates to have international health insurance, that covers minor as well as major medical expenses.
- Air Fare & Transport: The scholars will get round trip international air fare as well as transportation from Mexico City to the host institution.
- Duration of Fellowship: The duration of the fellowship depends on the selected program. The details are as follow:
Duration of Scholarship
Undergraduate and graduate mobility programs
One academic term (quarter, trimester or semester)
Graduate-level research and postdoctoral fellowships
12 months (1-month minimum)
Medical specializations and sub-specializations
Note: There is no provision of an extension of scholarship under any circumstances.
Expenses not covered under the scholarship:
- The academic cost which includes registration and tuition fee, if that is not waived by the institution or authorized by the Ministry of Foreign affairs.
- Laboratory fee, workshops, language courses or other academic activities which are part of the academic program.
- Fees for obtaining the diploma and/or certificate.
- Fees for transferring academic credits and course revalidation.
- Registration in the National Registry of Foreign Citizens.
- The cost of printing the thesis.
Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students Application form and Process
There is no direct application process for applying to the Mexican Government Scholarship 2017. The interested candidates need to make application to the Mexican Embassy to get enrolled in the scholarship. The details of the documents required for completing the application process are mentioned below:
- Application Form: The candidates must fill and present the application form along with all other documents.
- Official Nomination Form: Applicant must present the completely filled nomination form dully signed by the concerned authorities.
- Curriculum Vitae: A Curriculum vitae of maximum 3 pages should be attached along with the application form.
- Acceptance Letter: Acceptance Letter issued by concerned authority where the applicant has been accepted for his/her studies or research indicating the details of the course and duration.
- Academic Documents: The application must be accompanied with a copy of degree or diploma last received and transcript of the same showing a minimum grade point average of 8 out of 10.
- Birth Certificate: A copy of Birth Certificate of the applicant must accompany the application form.
- Passport: A photocopy of applicant’s passport should also be attached while making application for the scholarship.
- Medical Certificate: Original medical certificate issued by a public or private institution no more than three months prior to submitting the documents.
- Spanish Proficiency Certificate: The applicant should also include certificate of advance level of proficiency in Spanish issued by a University or Language Center.
- Photograph: Applicationmustaccompanied by 4 recent photographs showing full face of the applicant. The name and nationality of the applicant should be mentioned at the back of the photographs.
- Dimensions: 3cm x 3 cm
- Background: White.
- Immigration Documents: For students already in Mexico must attach a Temporary Resident Student Visa (card) with their application.
Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of the following selection criteria:
- Academic Excellence: The academic excellence of the candidate in the selected area of study.
- Job and Study Relation: How the selected field of study is related and helpful to the academic and job history of the candidate.
- Relation between study and Applicant’s Country: The area of study selected should also be important for the country of the applicant.
Along with these criteria, preference will be given to the following candidates
- Have Applied for the program of study which is not available in their home country.
- Select institutes located outside Mexico Metropolitan city area for their study or research.
- Works as faculty or researcher at public universities or research centers in their home country.
Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students Address
Embassy of Mexico in India
C-8 Anand Niketan,
New Delhi, 110021, India.
Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students Contact Details
Phone: +91 (11) 2411-7180/82
Fax: +91 (11) 2411-7193
Dean's Excellence Award for India is being offered by the University of Strathclyde, Scotland to Indian students who are willing to pursue postgr... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships (SSS) is a scholarship offered as a funding tie-up between Scottish Higher Education Institutions and the Govern... Read More
59th International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) is the world championship of mathematics for high school students organised annually in different count... Read More