Metro Photo Challenge Competition 2016
About Metro Photo Challenge Competition
Metro Photo Challenge 2016 is the 12th Edition of the photography competition.It was introduced in Sweden and ran globally for the first time in 2007.The contest is open both for professional and amateur photographers.
- In 2012, 80,000 photographers submitted more than 225,000 photos.
- In 2013, 40,000 photographers submitted more than 1,20,000 photos.
Metro and its partners invite the participants to submit photos in one or more of the three categories for a chance to become a daily winner, local winner, a public vote winner– or even the grand winner.The Grand winner wins a unique trip 5 days Photo Expedition to Easter Island (Chile). The contest has opened on 20 September 2016 and there are three categories for participation
- Travel of My Dreams
- Home Traveling
Metro Photo Challenge 2016 Important Dates
|Uploading of Photograph Starts
||September 20, 2016
|Uploading of Photograph Ends
||November 25, 2016
|Round 1 Selection
||November 28 to December 2, 2016
|Round 2 Selection
||December 5, 2016- December 9, 2016
|Announcement of Global Grand Winners
||December 15, 2016
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Metro Photo Challenge Competition
Metro Photo Challenge Competition Eligibility Criteria
People of all ages can participate.
- No age limit to participate,but to win the grand prize – photo expedition to India- you will have to be 18+ years old.
- if you are under 18 then you have to provide metro with the your parents/guardian approval.
- If you're under age and win the Global Grand Prize then you will not be able to claim that rather it would be passed on to the 1st runner up.
- You may only compete in one country.
- The participating countries are Finland, Netherlands, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Belgium, Sweden, Canada, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, Chile, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Dominican Republic and Peru.
- If you are not a resident of any of the Metro countries, you may still take part in the Challenge via the “International Section"
Metro Photo Challenge Competition Reward
Chance of being a local winner, a global winner and/or the grand winner.
The Global Grand prize winner, one from each category will receive a once-in-a-lifetime 5 days Photo Expedition to Easter Island (Chile), in the first or second semester of 2017.
- The travel includes round-trip flights, local transportation, accommodation ( 4 nights) and activities.
- The photos taken during the expedition will be published worldwide in Metro. This means that you will not only get a unique and life-changing experience, but your photos will also get a wordwide recognition.
Local Prize Winner: Everyday a local daily winner is selected based on the number of votes received in the past 24 hours.
The local prize winning photos will be published on www.metrophotochallenge.com
Metro Photo Challenge Competition Application form and Process
If your country is not amongst the participant countries, still you can participate by going to the International Section of the website.
- You can only submit the photos in the online mode only i.e. digital submission.
- The Metro Photo Challenge 2016 is free of charge and open to anyone
Steps to Submit the Photograph:
- Step 1: Register or link your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account
- Step 2: Once registered and logged in just upload as many photos as you want
- Step 3: If you link your Instagram account to enter, just use the hashtags #metrocitylove #metrocitysecrets #metrocitysoul to upload images directly from your Instagram account to Metro Photo Challenge 2016
- Step 4: Share in social media to collect votes!
Some Guidelines for participation in the Metro Challenge
- Each photo must be in digital format.
- Only online entries will be eligible.
- No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry in the Challenge.
- The photo need not be taken with a digital camera: scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable.
- File Size; All digital files must be 12 megabytes or smaller
- Format: JPEG or JPG format.
Metro Photo Challenge Competition Selection Process
The picture would be selected on the following criteria
- Fit and relevance - How well it fits into the category
- Creativity - Unique way of picturization and
- Technical quality- Color, Contrast, Lighting
- Overall impression - Does it has that wow factor, special things etc
Metro Photo Challenge will consist of 2 rounds
Round 1: November 28 to December 2, 2016
- Each Local jury member will select 3 photos i.e. one from each category
- Travel of My Dreams
- Home Traveling
- Apart from this, three photos (one from each category) will be selected through public voting.
- Local photos selected by the Local Jury and Public Vote will be announced on December 7, 2016.
- After this six photos from each country and International Section will be sent to the Round 2, Global Final Competition.
Round 2: December 5, 2016- December 9, 2016
- The Global jury will select three photos (one in each category) as Global Grand Winners.
- Global Grand Winners will be announced on December 15, 2016.
- Alejandro Cartagena
- Liu Bolin
- Jurgen Burgin
- David Lazar
- Jimmy Nelson
Metro Photo Challenge Competition Contact Details
Metro International S.A., Avenue 2-4 Marie-Therese, PO Box 285, L-2012, Luxembourg,
Phone: +56 2 2434 4904
Unified Cyber Olympiad 2018: The registration process has been started and the last date to apply for Unified Cyber Olympiad is 26 August 2018. The ca... Read More
TED Fellowship Program 2019 is a global network of 400 innovators and trailblazers in which every year 20 people from around the world are select... Read More
TALLENTEX is a talent search exam conducted and directed by ALLEN Career Institute. TALLENTEX is an exam for young students and has cash prizes,... Read More
Sahu Jain Trust Inland Scholarship 2018 is for Indian students to pursue higher studies in India. The application process has started and th... Read More