Max Weber Fellowships 2017-18
About Max Weber Fellowships 2017-18
- Max Weber Fellowships 2017-18 is being offered by European University Institute to the candidates willing to go for academic research after their Ph.D.
- The applicants can undertake postdoctoral research in any of the following subjects:
- Political and Social Sciences
- Applications can be from candidates who completed or will complete their Ph.D. Degree during September 01, 2012 and September 01, 2017.
- The candidates selected for Max Weber Fellowships 2017-18 will get monthly allowance worth 2000 Euros (Approx. 1.5 lakh INR), economy class return fare along with other benefits during the period of the fellowship.
- The duration of the fellowship will be 12 months and only Economics applicants are offered 24 months scholarship.
- Only under exceptional conditions, the duration of the Fellowship can be increased.
- The applications for Max Weber Fellowships 2017-18 will be accepted online and the last date to complete the online application form is October 25, 2016.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Max Weber Fellowships 2017-18
Max Weber Fellowships 2017-18 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: The applications are open for individuals of all nationalities.
- Academic Qualification: The applicant should possess Ph.D. degree obtained between September 01, 2012 and September 01, 2017.
- Language requirements: The applicant should possess excellently written as well as oral skills in the English language.
- IELTS score:7.5 Bands, TOEFL: 110.
Max Weber Fellowships 2017-18 Reward
The fellows selected for the Max Weber Fellowships 2017-18 will be provided with the monthly grant. The details regarding the benefits of the scholarship are as follow:
- Duration of the Fellowship: Generally the duration of the fellowship is 12 months and 24 months for Economics applicants but under exceptional cases, the duration can be extended to 36 months depending upon departmental needs & evaluation of the candidates.
- Monthly Grant: The applicant will get a monthly grant of 2000 Euros (Approx. 1.5 lakh INR) which will be clubbed with Family allowance of 300 Euros (Approx. 20,000 INR) if the fellow lives with the partner.
- Travel Expenses: Only the fellow selected for the fellowship will get reimbursement of one round trip economy class air fare from his/her home country to Florence. The upper limit of reimbursement is 1200 Euro (Approx. 90,000 INR).
- Medical Insurance: Candidates must have medical insurance cover or can subscribe to the medical insurance plan offered by EUI at their own expense.
Max Weber Fellowships 2017-18 Application form and Process
The candidates willing to apply for the Max Weber Fellowships can follow the online application process available online on the official website of EUI. The details of the application process are as follow:
- Mode of Application: Applicants can use the online application portal available at the website for the same purpose.
>> Click here to apply for the Fellowship.
- Required Documents: The candidates should upload the following documents in PDF format while making application for the Max Weber Fellowship:
- Curriculum Vitae: The candidate should upload their most recent and updated curriculum vitae.
- Academic Career Statement: A 2-page statement including details of research and teaching interests and experience, and career plans.
- Research Proposal: The research proposal should state well-defined and realistic goals that can be achieved within the duration of the fellowship. The candidate also needs to indicate that whether his/her work can fit with any of the six thematic research groups would be anticipated for 2017-18:
- Citizenship and Migration
- Diversity and Unity: Federalism and Subsidiarity in Economic, Legal, Political, Social and Historical Perspective
- Europe in the World: International Relations, International Security, World Politics
- Inequality and Efficiency in Education and Labour Markets
- Legal, Political , and Social Theory: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives
- Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa: the Design and Governance of Monetary and Fiscal Policies and Financial Regulation in the European Union.
- Letter of Reference: The applicant should provide contact details of at least 2 or at most 3 academic referees and should make sure that the references are submitted before October 25, 2016.
Max Weber Fellowships 2017-18 Selection Process
- Academic Accomplishments and Potential: The contribution of the applicant will be assessed by publications, Ph.D. thesis, etc. as outlined in the CV. Their plans and commitments as described in Research Proposal and Academic career statement. Preference will be given to candidates who are in early stage of their Post-doctoral career.
- Research Proposal: The research proposal should clearly mention the well-defined and realistic goals which can be achieved during the interval of the Fellowship.
Read more about the fellowship
Max Weber Fellowships 2017-18 Address
European University Institute
via dei Roccettini 9
I-50014 San Domenico di Fiesole
Max Weber Fellowships 2017-18 Contact Details
Tel. +39 055 4685 377
Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship is launched in the Joint Statement of the government of the United States of America and the Government of the Repu... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
A Star India Youth Scholarship is a four-year programme pertaining to Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’... Read More
SIA Youth Scholarship 2018: The application process has started. The candidates can apply for SIA Youth Scholarship 2018 through this page. SIA Youth ... Read More