MANF, Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students
ALLEN NTSE Online Test Series Buy Now
About MANF Maulana Azad National Fellowship
Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF) for Minority Students is conducted and sponsored by the Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA) and the students have to apply online using the MANF Application form (Online). MANF is only applicable for postgraduate students who belong to the Minority Community (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Zoroastrians (Parsis) & Jains) are eligible for the Fellowship to pursue higher studies such as regular and full-time M.Phil/ PhD degrees in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences and Engineering & Technology.
The motto of the Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students is to provide integrated five-year fellowships in the form of financial assistance to students from minority communities to pursue higher studies such as M. Phil and PhD.
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students covers all Universities/ Institutions recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and also which are not under the purview of UGC. It will be implemented by the Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA) through UGC for students belonging to the minority communities.
- The fellowship holders under this scheme will be known as MOMA scholars.
- The tenure of fellowship is initially for two years under the MANF Scheme.
MANF Fellowships will be given to NET Qualified Students
Maulana Azad National Fellowship will now be given based on the NET score. The students should have qualified UGC NET Exam conducted by NTA or CSIR. This will be the prerequisite to apply for the MANF Fellowship. "Prior clearance of CBSE-NET/ CSIR-NET examination will be a prerequisite for award of Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority students for M.Phil/PhD" as per the official notification.
MANF Total Number of scholarship
Until 2017 total number of fellowships that were granted under MANF Scheme was 756 and for 2018-19 and 2019-20 total 1000 scholarships will be awarded. The students from the Minority community were earlier exempted from NET qualification for the award of the fellowship.
30% of the fellowship shall be earmarked for women students; the remaining 70% will be general.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of MANF Maulana Azad National Fellowship
MANF Maulana Azad National Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
|| Postgraduate students
- Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian and belong to one of the minority community.
- Academic Qualification: The candidate must have passed the post-graduation examination with minimum 50% marks in the required subject. The candidate should be willing to pursue full time research without JRF of UGC-NET or UGC-CSIR NET.
- Candidates should get themselves registered/admitted for M.Phil/ Ph.D. within 2 years of award letter.
- Family Annual Income: Annual Income should not full-time than Rs. 4.5 lakh.
- Not more than two students from one family can avail MOMA fellowship.
MANF Maulana Azad National Fellowship Reward
Name of the Course
Admissibility of JRF and SRF
| M. Phil
| M.Phil + PhD
2 Years, remaining 3 Years
MANF Fellowship Amount
@ Rs. 25,000 p.m. for initial two years (JRF)
@ Rs. 28,000 p.m. for remaining tenure (SRF)
Other Contingency allowances in addition to the Fellowship
Contingency for Humanities & Social Sciences and Commerce.
@ Rs.10,000 p.a. for initial two years
@ Rs.20,500 p.a. for remaining three years
Contingency for Science
@ Rs.12,000 p.a. for initial two years
@ Rs.25,000 p.a. for remaining three years.
@ Rs.2,000 p.m. in case of physically and visually challenged candidates
Kindly Note: Fellowship cannot be transferred from one minority community to another
Disbursement of MANF Fellowship: UGC shall disburse the fellowship amount to the selected awardees under Direct Benefit Transfer(DBT) mode.
The bank account numbers of the beneficiaries will be validated through PFMS for the creation of beneficiary ID.
Maulana Azad Fellowship Benefits
- House rent allowance: Maulana Azad National Senior Research Fellowship (MANJRF) Candidates will be provided single-seated hostel accommodation in the University/Institute/College. In case the candidates make their arrangement, then they can withdraw the HRA by producing the required documents.
- Medical: Candidates will not be provided with any separate/fixed medical services. Candidates can make use of medical facilities available in the University /Institution/ College.
- Leave: Candidates are entitled to leaves of maximum 30 days excluding the public holidays. Candidates are not entitled to any other vacations.
- Maternity Leave: Female candidates are entitled a maternity leave only once with full rates of Fellowship.
- Leaves for Teaching Assignments: During the entire tenure candidates may be granted leave without fellowship up to one academic year for accepting teaching assignments on a temporary basis in the same city/town.
Tenure of Fellowship & Extension
- Initial tenure of the fellowship is two years.
- Before the expiry of the tenure, the work of the candidate will be supervised by a committee of three members consisting of Head of the Department, Supervisor and one outside subject expert.
- If the work is found satisfactory, then the tenure will be extended further for three years of the Maulana Azad National Senior Research Fellowship (MASRF).
- In case the work for the first two years is not found satisfactory, an additional year will be given to him/her for improvement, but the designation will remain the same, i.e. Maulana Azad National Junior Research Fellow (MANJRF).
MANF Maulana Azad National Fellowship Application form and Process
Candidates willing to apply for the fellowship need to apply online on the official website of UGC. Below is the brief synopsis of the Application Process. The MANF Application form has to be filled online for availing the fellowship.
Online Application Begins: Candidates need to apply online at the official website of UGC.
Click here to Apply Online
MANF Application form details
Application Form Details: The Online Application Form is divided into two sections. The details of the Sections are provided below:
- Section A: Candidates has to fill in the candidate’s status, personal information, and contact information. Once the candidate has furnished the personal information, click “Save” and continue to move on to the next section, i.e. Research Information.
- Section B: Candidates have to fill in the postgraduate qualifications, Institute Details, Research Topic, Supervisor Details, Scholarship details, Employment Details (if any).
- Home State
- Caste Category
- Parents annual Income less than Rs. 4.5 Lacs
- Physically handicapped - Yes or no
- Candidate's Name
- Date of Birth
- Father's and Mother's Name
- Present Address
- Email Address
- Contact Number
- Exam Name, Year of Passing, College/ University
- Subject taken and Marks Obtained
(Details of Institute where you would like to pursue M.Phil/PhD Degree)
- Research Topic, Status,
- Select Institute
- Upload Document - Upload certificate from Head of the Department/Institution stating that the necessary facilities will be provided by the College/University/Institution in case the candidates get selected for this Scholarship
There is no need for candidates to submit any hard copy of the duly filled in application form or documents to the UGC.
- Stream, Subject of Research
- Title of Research and Abstract in not more than 500 words
MANF Scholarship Result - Download Selection List
- Community wise selections of scholars at the national level will be done on the basis of their pro-rata population
- The distribution of fellowship among different States/ UTs would be in proportion to the Minority population in respective States/ UTs as per 2001 Census. However all States/ UTs shall have at least 4 fellowships by suitably reducing the targets of states having higher allocations.
- The Selection Process will be based on Merit cum Mean basis. All the applications received will be inspected and shortlisted by the Commission.
- The decision that is taken by the Commission will be final and abiding.
- If the candidates get shortlisted, his/her duly signed Joining Report by the supervisor/head of department is to be sent to the UGC through the Registrar/ Director/Principal.
- MANF Helpline Number: 1800113355
- Read More about UGC Scholarship
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship is provided to those girls who are single girl child of their parents. Scheme for Single Girl Child is a merit... Read More
FIIT JEE Talent Support Exam is for JEE Aspirants who are studying or passed Class 12. This exam helps the aspirant to know and analyse their pre... Read More
Rashtriya Miltary School Admission 2020-21 is based on CET (Common Entrance Test) and Interview. CET would be a pen and paper-based test and the ... Read More
SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019 is for the meritorious students who have passed their Class 12 Examinations in the year 2019. T... Read More