Mahindra Rise Solar Challenge 2014
About Mahindra DIY (Do It Yourself) Solar Kit Challenge - Indias biggest ever innovation challenge
A renowned name of the automobile- to- aerospace industry, Mahindra Group has introduced a million dollar challenge for individuals & teams to come across with innovatory ideas.
Launched for desi Innovators, Spark the Rise Contest aims at inspiring youths to push boundaries and to use their tremendous potentials for creating disruptive innovation of Solar Kit
Mahindra DIY (Do It Yourself) Solar Kit Challenge is:
- To innovate small-sized and affordable DIY (Do It Yourself) Rooftop Solar Kit for making solar products more accessible to the Indian Population (Prize money worth USD $300,000)
- To cater to the growing need for power within the nation and to come forth with sustainable ways in this terms, Spark the Rise challenge has been introduced aiming to create unparalleled opportunity for leading global energy revolution across the country
- The contest is defined to catalyze the rise of biggest innovatory ideas from India, so that people can avail economic solutions for their energy needs.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Mahindra DIY (Do It Yourself) Solar Kit Challenge - Indias biggest ever innovation challenge
Mahindra DIY (Do It Yourself) Solar Kit Challenge - Indias biggest ever innovation challenge Eligibility Criteria
|| All India (Indian Citizens/Institutions/Organizations as well as Non-Indians residing within the geographical limits of India)
|| No Age Limit
||Any of the Indian Citizens/ institutions/ organizations can apply for the contest residing within the geographical limits of India. Also, Individuals who don’t have Indian Citizenship but are currently residing, studying or working in India are allowed to participate.
Participants must represent any of the three categories defined below.
• An Institution
• An Organization
A team can comprises maximum 20 members.
*Applicants must be registered on SparkTheRise.com
Mahindra DIY (Do It Yourself) Solar Kit Challenge - Indias biggest ever innovation challenge Reward
- For the winner, total prize money of USD $300,000 is announced
- The Prize will be paid out in Indian Rupees
- Under the solar challenge, distinguished prizes considering different levels are available
- Total four prizes are offered
- Solar Powered System + Grid tie Inverter - $60,000 ( 1st Prize), $30,000 ( 2nd Prize)
- Solar Powered System + Grid tie Inverter (with battery backup ability) + Smart Meter - $140,000( 1st Prize) and $70,000 (2nd Prize)
- The winners will be announced within 21 working days of the closure of the challenge and prize money will be offered within 15 working days taken in clearance of all legal formalities
- Winner will get an opportunity to attend workshops, leadership sessions and other programs
Mahindra DIY (Do It Yourself) Solar Kit Challenge - Indias biggest ever innovation challenge Application form and Process
Online Application Process is available for Mahindra DIY Solar Kit Challenge
The procedure comprises three consecutive steps including application, evaluation and live presentation.
Click here to View Brochure
Mahindra DIY (Do It Yourself) Solar Kit Challenge - Indias biggest ever innovation challenge Selection Process
Opening Date: 24th March 2014
Closing Date: 19th September 2014
Applicants will be notified through an email in order to proceed for next step
Opening date: 14th April 2014
Closing date: 9th January 2015
Selection Notification will be sent within 45 working days of the receipt of approach note
January 16, 2015
Closing date: 20 March 2015
Live presentation by participants/ teams whose approach note has been selected is to be made in front of the jury.
Presentation Time: 60 minutes along with 30 minutes of Q& A round
Entries will be selected by respective jury members on the grounds of:
- Background of team and individuals participated
- Clarity of the purpose
- Originality of the concept
- Approach must be India-centric
- Detailed proposal will be looked after in terms of key features, designing, technologies, estimated costs and efforts to be put in
*An email notification will be sent to the applicant in case of being selected within 45 working days counted in terms of the date of application submitted
* List of Teams that have been selected will be shown on the website on April 17, 2015
Mahindra DIY (Do It Yourself) Solar Kit Challenge - Indias biggest ever innovation challenge Address
First Floor, Mahindra Towers, Dr. G. M. Bhosale Marg, Worli- Mumbai- 400018
Taiwan ICDF scholarship programme 2019 is for the Indian students who want to pursue Undergraduate, Graduate, and PhD degree program in Taiw... Read More
DBT JRF 2019 - Junior Research Fellowship in Biotechnology is conducted by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the Ministry of Scien... Read More
ACST 2019 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates preparing for engineering entrance exams, medical ... Read More
The Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation organises Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme 2019. The application process for Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Pro... Read More