Madanjeet Singh Group Scholarship for the Joint Master's Degree Programme
About Madanjeet Singh Group Scholarship
- UNESCO Madanjeet Singh Institute of Kashmir Studies (UMIKS) and Jamia Mlllla lslamia (JMI), New Delhi have joined hands to start a 2 Year Master’s program in South Asia and Kashmir Studies.
- Being a Joint Master's degree Programme, the 1st and 3rd semesters (August-December each year) will be conducted at University of Kashmir Srinagar while the 2nd and 4th semester (January to May each year) at Jamia Mlllia lslama, New Delhi.
- 16 candidates will be selected for Madanjeet Singh Group Scholarship i.e. 2 candidates from each SAARC Country. Interested candidates need to make application to the SAF Chapters located in their respective countries.
- The candidates selected for Madanjeet Singh Scholarship will be awarded with monthly stipend of Rs.10,000, To and Fro airfare from the candidate’s country to the institution along with accommodation for the duration of the course.
- The selection of the candidates for the Madanjeet Singh Group Scholarship will be done by SAF India.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Madanjeet Singh Group Scholarship
Madanjeet Singh Group Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|| SAARC Countries
- Nationality: The Scholarship is only for the residents of SAARC countries.
- SAARC Countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- Academic qualification: The applicant should have completed Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Minimum Marks: The applicant should have scored at least 45% marks in their Bachelor’s Degree.
Madanjeet Singh Group Scholarship Reward
Madanjeet Singh Group Scholarships Rewards
The selection of the candidates will be done keeping in mind the gender equality and it will be awarded to 2 students from each SAARC Country.
- Number of Scholarships: Total 16 scholarships will be given, 2 scholarships for candidates belonging to each of the SAARC Countries by keeping in mind the gender equality.
The details regarding the benefits of the Scholarship are as follow:
- Monthly Stipend: The candidates selected for the scholarship will be entitles to a monthly stipend of Rs.10,000.
- Accommodation: The selected candidates will be provided with a twin shared accommodation during the period of study.
- Air Fare: The selected candidates will be provided with economy class air travel from scholar’s place to Srinagar and back.
- Tuition Fee: The tuition fee of the scholar will be covered by the scholarship.
- Travel: SAF will provide travel from Srinagar to Delhi and stay at Jamia Millia Islamia University during second and fourth semester.
Madanjeet Singh Group Scholarship Application form and Process
Madanjeet Singh Group Scholarship Application Process
Madanjeet Singh Group Scholarship Application are to be made offline at one of the SAF chapters. The details of the application process are as follow:
- Mode of Application: The applications are required to be made offline and along with that the documents attached are to be emailed to certain email ids.
- Required Documents: The following self-attested documents are required in order to complete the application form:
- Class 12 Certificate, including mark sheet
- Bachelor s Degree certificate, including mark sheet
- English Language Proficiency Certificate (as appropriate)
- A copy of valid passport
- Birth Certificate
- Brief CV, including contact: e-mail address and mobile phone numbers of the cand1date
- Brief write-up, indicating the reasons for applying for this program and how it is going to be useful for the applicant.
Submission of the Application Form
- All the above mentioned documents are to be submitted to the SAF offices located in the respective SAARC countries. The contact details of SAF Chapters are as follow:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: +93700163568
Email: email@example.com, Phone:+ 8801912196099
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone:+97517603486
Email: email@example.com, Phone:+919871867456
Dr. Nishchal Pandey
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone:+9779851058622
Prof. Salima Hashmi
Email: email@example.com, Phone:+92300840600
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone:+94773858591
- Along with submitting photocopies of the above mentioned documents, scanned images of the documents are to be emailed to the following email ids:
- Candidates are required to produce their original documents at to SAF-India in New Delhi and at the time of admission at UMIKS, Srinagar.
Madanjeet Singh Group Scholarship Selection Process
Madanjeet Singh Group Scholarship Selection Process
- The selection of the candidates will be done by SAF-India.
- Two candidates will be selected from each SAARC nation, keeping in mind gender equality.
- If required a Skype interview could be conducted by SAF-India/UMIKS, Srinagar/ Jamia Mitlla lslamia, New Delhi in order to select the candidate.
Madanjeet Singh Group Scholarship Address
SAF - India
A-33, Vasant Marg, Vasant Vihar
New Delhi -110057 – India
Madanjeet Singh Group Scholarship Contact Details
Mob: +91 9871867456
NEST Scholarship 2020: The registration has been started and the link to apply Online is available on this page below. The candidates can apply O... Read More