About Lexus Design Awards 2017
- Lexus Design Awards 2017 is an International Design Competition where young designers are inspired to come up with solutions using their designs.
- Professionals, Students, and Design Enthusiasts can participate in the Lexus Design Awards 2017 without any restriction of the field.
- The theme of the Lexus Design Awards 2017 is ‘YET’ and Yet philosophy gives the courage to combine elements that at first seem incompatible – superior ride comfort YET exhilarating driving dynamics
- The internationally recognized panel of judges will select 12 finalists and out of that 4 winners, who will get the cost of their prototype production (up to 3 million Yen) borne by the sponsors of Lexus Design Awards 2017.
- The applications are to be made online and must be completed before October 16, 2016.
- The winners will be announced on the website of Lexus Design Awards 2017 in early 2017.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Lexus Design Awards 2017
Lexus Design Awards 2017 Eligibility Criteria
||Professionals, Students and Design Enthusiasts
- Nationality: The participation to Lexus Design Awards is open to candidates of all nationalities.
- Age: The participant should be at least 18 years at the time of submission of the entries for the Awards.
- Educational Qualification: There is no strict rule related to educational qualification of the candidate.
- The competition is open to professionals, students and design enthusiasts.
Not Eligible to participate
- The employees of Toyota Motor Corporation, LEXUS International, design boom srl and related organizations along with their family members are not eligible to be a part of the awards.
Lexus Design Awards 2017 Reward
- 1 Grand Prix Winner (selected from the four prototype winners)
- 4 Prototype Winners (selected from the twelve Finalists)
- 8 Panel Finalists
The winners selected for the award will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Mentorship: The four selected prototype will get mentorship by a renowned professional who will supervise the prototype development of the submitted work.
- The cost of Prototype production: The cost of prototype production up to 3 million Yen (Approx. 16 Lakhs) will be covered by the sponsor.
- Trip to Milan: The sponsor will bear the expenses of the one economy class round trip from finalist's home to Milan, Italy along with accommodation for 2 nights to attend Milan Design Week on April 12-17, 2017 for 4 Prototype Winners plus 8 additional panel finalists.
- In the case of Team participation only one representative will be invited to the event and the expenses only one person will be covered.
Lexus Design Awards 2017 Application form and Process
The registration for the Lexus Design Awards 2017 can be done online and the things to be kept in mind while registering for the Awards are as follow:
- Registration form: Applicants are required to complete the online registration form in order to be a part of the Awards.
- Details of the Submission: The applicant can submit their designs as per the following guidelines:
- Theme: The designs should be related to the theme proposed for Lexus Design Awards 2017 i.e. ‘YET’
- The number of entries: candidates can submit any number of entries, there is no limit on the number of entries to be submitted by an applicant.
- The entries will be accepted only in digital format and not in physical delivery.
- Technical Specification: The applications should be as per the following technical specifications:
- Format: JPEG or GIF
- Dimension: exact width of 818 pixels / 72 dpi.
- Color Scheme: RGB
- Size: 200 kb or less.
- Number of Images: maximum 6.
- Note: Video in FLV format having the size less than 10 Mb can also be submitted but are not necessarily required.
- Explanations: Candidates are required to submit a brief description of their design explaining the research and point out the artistic and technological qualities.
Lexus Design Awards 2017 Selection Process
The experts will shortlist 8 finalists and 4 winners from the entries received for the Lexus Design Awards 2017. The details of the judging panel are:
- Toyo Ito: The Pritker Prize Winning Japanese Architect.
- Paola Antonelli: Senior Curator in the Department of Architecture and Design at MoMA, New York
- Aric Chen: Design and Architecture Curator at Hong Kong's upcoming M+ Museum for visual culture
- Birgit Lohmann: Co-founder and Editor-In-Chief of Designboom.
- Alice Rawsthorn: Author of 'Hello World: Where Design Meets Life'; and Design Critic For the New York Times and Frieze Magazine.
- Tokuo Fukuichi: President of Lexus International
Result: The result of Lexus Design Awards 2017 will be declared on April, 2017.
Lexus Design Awards 2017 Contact Details
Science without Border Challenge is an annual Art Competition which aims to motivate students to be a part of the protection and conservation of the w... Read More
ALLEN ASAT is ALLEN Scholarship cum Admission Test (ASAT) conducted by ALLEN Career Institute for admission to its classroom programs. Allen ASAT... Read More
Boustany MBA Harvard Scholarship 2019 is being offered for academically brilliant students who have secured admission in MBA Program offered at H... Read More
RES Young Economist Essay Competition, started in 2007, is open to students of year 12 and year 13 who are studying UK A level or Inter... Read More