Korean Government Scholarship for Masters' s & Doctoral Studies
Scholarship for Class 7 to 12 by Aakash Apply Now
About Korean Government Scholarship
Korean Government Scholarship for Master's and Doctoral Studies is provided by Korean Government to the Indian students for pursuing higher studies. The candidates have to apply online on the official website of MHRD to avail the facility of the scholarship. Korean Government Scholarship for Master's and Doctoral Studies invites nominations for Master’s and Doctoral programmes from Indian nationals to study at a Korean University or an Institution designated by NIIED (National Institute for International Education). Korean Government Scholarship application form can be submitted till 9 March 2018 and Scholarship would be available for studies in the following fields of study:
- Korean Language & Literature
8 nominations will be sent to the Korean Government for final selection out of which only 5 will be selected. The duration of Master’s course is 3 years whereas the duration of Doctoral Course is 4 Years.
Korean Government Scholarship for Master's and Doctoral Studies 2018 Dates
|Closing of Application
9 March 2018
(until 3:00 PM)
Around 26 March 2018
Details about Korean Government Scholarship for Master's and Doctoral Studies
Duration of the Scholarship
(1 September 2018 to 31 August 2021)
1 year of Korean Language +
2 years of Master.
(1 September 2018 to 31 August 2022)
1 year of Korean Language +
3 years of Doctoral
- Type of Scholarship: Fully Paid
- Course Level: Master's and Doctoral
- Country of Study: Korea
Korea Government Scholarship Programme
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Korean Government Scholarship
Korean Government Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Below 40 years of age
- The candidates applying for Master's/ Doctoral Programme must be under 40 years of age as on 1 September 2018 (Born after 1 September 1978)
- The candidates applying for Master's/ Doctoral Programme must be under 45 years of age as on 1 September 2018 (Born after 1 September 1973)
Education Qualification for Master and Doctoral Programme:
- For Master’s Programme: Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree as of 31 August 2018
- For Doctoral Programme: Applicants must hold a Master’s degree as of 31 August 2018
Not Eligible for the Korean Government Scholarship
- Korean Citizens, including those who hold dual citizenship, are not eligible.
- Candidates who are outside India at the time of application are not eligible.
- Candidates who apply for fields other than the fields of study/course given above are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants who were earlier enrolled in graduate, postgraduate or doctoral program in Korea including exchange program are ineligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Grades: Applicant must maintain a Grade Point Average (GPA) higher than any one of the following:
- 2.64 on a 4.0 scale
- 2.80 on a 4.3 scale
- 2.91 on a 4.5 scale
- Score percentile:80%
Required percentage: Minimum eligibility is 65 % or more for the Biotechnology and Electronic Engineering.
Korean Government Scholarship Reward
Period of Scholarship
- For Master Degree Programme - 3 Years (1 September 2018 to 31 August 2021)
- For Doctoral Degree Program - 4 Years (1 September 2018 to 31 August 2022)
The distribution of rewards is given below. It is to be noticed that only 5 students will be selected for the award of scholarship.
- Monthly Allowance: 900,000 won (KRW) per month
- Special funding for scholars who are proficient in the Korean Language
(TOPIK Level 5 or 6): 100,000 won per month (commencing from the degree program)
- Language Training Fee: Full coverage.
- Relocation (Settlement) Allowance: 200,000 won
- Tuition Fee Waiver: All admission fees are waived by the host institution (university). The tuition is paid by NIIED
- Research Allowance:
- For humanities and social sciences students: won per semester
- For natural and mechanic sciences student: 240,000 won per semester.
- Dissertation Printing Costs: 500,000- 800,000 won, depending on the actual costs.
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 won per month will be provided (limited coverage)
- NIIED, Government of Korea will also pay for the Round-trip economy class ticket.
- Any kind of travelling allowance will not be made by Government of India.
Korean Government Scholarship Application form and Process
The students will be able to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship for Masters' & Doctoral Studies soon and the link to apply online will be updated here on this page. Candidates can apply only in one subject and for one of the degree courses. Although, the candidates have to submit in writing their plan of study in at least as per the details mentioned below:
- For master’s Word strength is 500 to1000 words for Masters
- For Doctoral Word Strength are 1000 to 2000 words.
Documents to be kept ready before the online application
Scanned Copy of the following documents need to be uploaded at the time of filling up online application
- Marks sheet and certificate for Secondary Examination
- Marks sheet and certificate for Higher Secondary Examination
- Transcript in respect of the candidate’s higher qualification(s)
- Bachelor’s/Master’s/Doctoral degree or equivalent.
Points to Ponder
- If the applicant is employed (if they wish to return) should get an assurance from his employer that they will grant sufficient leave if they are awarded this scholarship during the study period in Korea.
- Candidates should have adequate knowledge of the geographical situation, culture, and heritage of Korea.
- Employed candidates are required to obtain 'No Objection Certificate' from their employer. In the case of Government servant, cadre clearance is a must.
- Candidates who have earlier also been to abroad for study/research/training of more than six months at a time either on a scholarship or on their own are also eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two years after their return from abroad as on 9 March 2018.
- While mentioning the tenure of past experience and stay abroad, candidates have to mention the specific dates.
Korean Government Scholarship Selection Process
- Final selection will be based on the Interview which will be taken by the Government of Korea. Eight (8) nominations will be sent to the Korean Government for final selection out of which only 5 will be selected.
- All information containing the date of interview of shortlisted applicants will be made available on MHRD's website. The decision of selection committee shall be final. & no representation in this regard will be entertained.
- The final selection of the nominated candidates rests with the government of the Republic of Korea. Just fulfilling the minimum requirements does not make the candidate eligible for interview.
- All communication to shortlisted applicants will be made on their registered email. It is advised that working email should be provided.
KGSP 2018 - Documents required at the time of Interview
- Original Certificates along with mark sheets of Class 10, 12 & Transcripts and a degree in respect of their higher qualification.
- NOC/ Cadre clearance (in case of Government Servant)
- Candidates must provide write-up of his/ her plan of study in at least
- 500 to 1000 words for Master’s Programme
- 1000 to 2000 words for Doctoral and Research Programme.
- Korean or English Language Proficiency Certificate (if any)
NOTE: It is an optional document and you may apply for KGSP without it. However, Embassy of the Republic of Korea in New Delhi or some universities do require the language proficiency certificate.
Korean Government Scholarship Contact Details
For making contact with the Korean Professors/Universities, please visit website of KGSP: www.studyinkorea.go.kr
The Atlas Shrugged Essay competition is one of the three essay writing competitions conducted by AYN Rand Education. The student has to write an ... Read More
GP Birla scholarship 2021 is for meritorious students from West Bengal who are in need of financial assistance for pursuing their higher studies ... Read More