Knight-Mozilla Fellowship 2015
About Knight-Mozilla Fellowships
- The Knight-Mozilla Fellowships is looking for 7 fellows who can work with News Organisations located throughout the world.
- Fellows have to spend 10 months working with newsroom colleagues, experimenting on collaborative projects and sharing their work.
- The Knight-Mozilla Fellowships is a golden chance for people who love to code and who want to influence the future of journalism on the web. The fellows are present as news breaks, write code for the day’s headlines, wrangle thorny datasets, and get to take a step back to build better newsroom tools and practices.
- Fellowships are paid positions, and emphasize open-source development that strengthens specific newsrooms and the larger journalism-code community and projects are focused on data, mapping, research, and impact analysis
- The fellowship hosts for 2016 are:
- Los Angeles Times Data Desk- Los Angeles, CA
- NPR, Vox Media- Washington, DC
- Frontline, Boston, MA
- Correct!v- Berlin, Germany
- The Coral Project - New York, NY
- Vox Media - Austin, TX; New York, NY; or Washington, DC
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Knight-Mozilla Fellowships
Knight-Mozilla Fellowships Eligibility Criteria
|| Working Professionals
- Being an international program, it welcome participants from around the world.
- Perfect English is not a requirement
- If you have applied to the fellowship before, but did not get selected, then also you are eligible to apply
- If you have experience with code and an interest in journalism you are eligible
- The Fellowship is open to developer, technologist, civic hacker, or data cruncher
Knight-Mozilla Fellowships Reward
Knight-Mozilla Fellowship Reward
- The standard fellowship offers a stipend of $60,000, paid in 10 monthly installments.
- To help balance cost of living, the fellows are also provided supplements for childcare and health insurance. It helps them pay for research, equipment and books.
- In case the fellow relocates for a fellowship, housing supplement and moving expenses are aksi provided.
- The fellowship also covers the costs of required travel for fellowship activities.
Knight-Mozilla Fellowships Application form and Process
Knight-Mozilla Fellowship Application Process
Candidates have to fill the Application For available Online at the official website.
Step by step process of filling the Application form
- Step 1: Fill in the personal Details
- Step 2: Fill in the details about your work
- Step 3: Answer the Questions in 100 words
- Step 4: Three things you have built. In this the candidate has to enter the URL’s of the project with which they were associated.
- Step 5: Miscellaneous Information
Knight-Mozilla Fellowships Selection Process
Knight-Mozilla Fellowship Selection Process
- Due to seven fellowship slots available this year, the process will remain highly competitive.
- Each application received will be thoroughly reviewed to know the each applicant in a better way,
- No matter you are selected or not, the team will remain in touch with the highly skilled applicants who do not become fellows.
- The skills of the fellow will be surely matched to the needs of the news organization. It’s a very individualized matching process.
9th National Science Film Festival of India 2019 is organized by Vigyan Prasar, an autonomous organisation, under the Department of Science ... Read More
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for college & university is given by MHRD, Govt. of India to meritorious students who have passed Class 12. ... Read More
Scholarship for Excellence (SEE) is a scholarship given to students in India in recognition of their excellence in the English Language. The scholarsh... Read More
Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2018 is offered by the Social Security Mission of Kerala for the students of Kerala whose father or mother or both have ... Read More