Kerala Young Scientist Award 2017
About Kerala Young Scientist Award 2017
Kerala Young Scientist Award 2017 is conducted and organised by the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE) to honour talented young Scientists who are a maximum of 37 years of age. The candidates who are looking forward to applying for the Kerala Young Scientist Award 2017 must have done PhD (science) and must be working in Kerala for the last three years. To apply, send the application and nominations on or before 10 November 2017.
- This Award appreciates and honours the outstanding contributions of the talented young scientists in the field of science and technology, therefore, awarding the top 14 shortlisted scientists with recognition and research grant up to 50 Lakhs.
- Work done in Kerala institutions alone will be the basis for consideration for the Kerala Young Scientist Award 2017.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Kerala Young Scientist Award 2017
Kerala Young Scientist Award 2017 Eligibility Criteria
||Indian Origin (Worked 3 years in Kerala institutions)
||Less than 37 Years
- Applicant must be of maximum age 37 years as on 31 December 2017.
- Scientists must be of the Indian origin with a valid PhD in any of the branches of Science and Technology.
- Applicant must be working in Kerala for the last 3 years.
Kerala Young Scientist Award 2017 Reward
14 Shortlisted Scientists will be awarded the following given awards. The awards to the selected candidates will be distributed during the inaugural session of the Kerala Science Congress by the Chief Minister.
- Rs. 50,000 Cash
- Certification of Citation
- The selected candidates will also get a chance to make a 15 min presentation of their award-winning work in the Plenary Session of the Kerala Science Congress.
Research Grand for Exceptionally Meritorious and Needy Cases: Scientists who are exceptionally talented in their fields and needy applicants can be considered for the Grant of Rs. 50 Lakhs after the due consideration of the expert committee.
- The candidates have to apply for the grant of Rs. 50 Lacs by submitting and filling the application form and submitting it by following the guidelines given below.
- Download the Application for Research Grant
In addition, the awardees may be shortlisted to visit abroad for the presentation of the research work in the conference within 3 years from the date of award.
Kerala Young Scientist Award 2017 Application form and Process
The candidates can download the application form from the link below and fill it with pen and paper. While applying for the scholarship the candidates also have to submit Nominations (in the prescribed format).
Click here to Download the Application Form
The candidates have to furnish the following details in the application form:
- Personal and Educational Information
- Research Experience
- List of Publications
- Best 3 Publications
- Prior to award of PhD
- After the award of PhD
- Arising out of the research work based on which the application is made for this award.
- Name, designation, signature and other details about nomination
Applications Form Submission
Kerala Young Scientist Award 2017 Applications are to be submitted offline only. Applications must reach the given prescribed address before the due date that is 10 November 2017, via registered post or speed post. Kindly note that applications received after the due date and applications that are incomplete will not be considered for the nominations.
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom P.O.,
Thiruvananthapuram - 695004
Kerala Young Scientist Award Nomination Procedure
The nominations are subjected to be valid for 3 years or the age limit of the candidate whichever is earlier among both, New nominations can also be made only if the candidate is within the age limit.
The applicant has to be nominated by the:
- Vice-Chancellors of Universities in Kerala,
- Directors of Research Institutes/ R & D Centers of Industries,
- Heads of University Departments,
- Principals of Colleges with approved centres of research
- Fellows of the Indian National Science Academy
- Indian Academy of Sciences
- National Academy of Sciences, India
- Indian National Academy of Engineering
- Indian Academy of Agricultural Sciences
Kerala Young Scientist Award 2017 Selection Process
- The candidates will be shortlisted by the committee based on their achievements and after which they will be recommended by the committee for the presentation of their research work.
- An email informing about the selected candidates will be sent to their given Email Addresses. The awards will be distributed during the inaugural session of the Kerala Science Congress by the Chief Minister.
- The Awardees have to make a 15 min presentation of the award-winning work in the Plenary Session of the Kerala Science Congress.
Kerala Young Scientist Award 2017 Contact Details
Kerala State Council For Science,
Technology, And Environment (KSCSTE),
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Tel: ++91 + 471 2548200
Fax: ++91 + 471 2540085
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics is awarded every year by Trinity College to honour the connection between the famous Indian mathema... Read More
INMO 2020 (Indian National Mathematical Olympiad) is the 2nd step of the ladder to qualify for International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO). In... Read More
Indian National Olympiad (INO) 2020 Programme refers to a systematic activity supported by the Government of India to select and train Indian teams fo... Read More
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungry 2020 is in accordance with the Educational Exchange Programme Agreement signed between... Read More