JN Tata Endowment Scholarship 2019-20
AAKASH Scholarship for Class 7 to 12 Apply Now
About JN Tata Endowment Scholarship
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship is awarded by Sir Dorabji Tata Trust. The trust offers scholarships in the form of loans for higher studies abroad. The scholarship, however, may not cover the full cost of studies. It ranges between Rs 1 lakh and Rs 10 lakhs, depending on certain pre-determined norms. Not all candidates are qualified to get the full amount. It is a Tata Scholarship by Tata Group. The last date to fill the JN Tata Endowment Scholarship application form is 16 March 2020.
The Tata scholarship is given for Postgraduate/Ph.D./Postdoctoral studies/Research Fellowships abroad
However, selected scholars are likely to get a gift scholarship as well from Jamsetji Tata Trust and a Travel Grant from the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust, completely at the behest of the Trustees of the concerned Trusts. A gift scholarship can amount to a maximum of Rs.7,50,000 and travel grant a maximum of Rs. 50,000.
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship forms are available on the website- The candidates have to fill the application form through Online only.
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship Dates 2020
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship Application begins
|9 December 2019
Last Date of Availability of Application Form
|9 March 2020
Last Date of Application Submission
|16 March 2020
Online Test Date
|12 April 2020
|Interviews to be held on
|Awards to be announced
||First Week of July 2020
Subscribe for Regular Updates of JN Tata Endowment Scholarship
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
||From graduates to mid-career professionals and people with years of work experience.
The Scholarship is open for following people who wish to go abroad for higher education or specialised training.
- Candidates should be Indian nationals who are graduates of a recognised Indian University and have secured at least 60% in their last academic examination
- Candidates who are at the beginning of the second year of their overseas studies (fall 2020 – spring 2021) are also eligible to apply. This is applicable only of the minimum duration, of course, are 2 years
- Candidates may apply even if they do not have the admission/offer letters at the time of making the application.Students who have applied to the university but the result is awaited can also apply for the scholarship programme.
- Fresh Graduates from a recognized university
- Mid Career Professionals who wish to go for specialised training.
- Mid Career Academics with several years of work experience.
- Scholars pursuing full time higher education in any field of study.
- Students pursuing full-fledged Masters, Doctoral or Postdoctoral programme abroad.
- Students pursuing final year graduation and with a good academic record can apply for the scholarship.
- Maximum Age for availing this Scholarship is 45 years as on 30 June 2020
- Aspirants applying for JN Tata Endowment Scholarship are required to have already applied for admission to the university they plan to join for higher studies abroad.
Candidates going overseas for seminars, conferences and undergraduate studies are not eligible for the. N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship.
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship Reward
The Endowment award is like a one-time loan that is given at the beginning of the course/ specialized training.
- Cash reward ranging between Rs 1,00,000 and Rs 10,00,000
- A gift scholarship can amount to a maximum of Rs.7,50,000 and travel grant a maximum of Rs. 50,000.
Scholarships will be awarded only to those who have successfully gained admission in the university abroad and has obtained the relevant visa.
The scholarship is at a simple interest of 2% per annum. However, if students repay within the specified time period (between the end of 4th and 7th year), the Trustees may waive the interest.
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship Application form and Process
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship can only be filled online by the interested candidates. The candidates must read all the instructions carefully before filling the online application form. The steps to fill the JN Tata Endowment Scholarship Application form are given below.
Apply Now for JN Tata Endowment Scholarship
- Candidates have to register for the JN Tata Endowment loan scholarship by using their email ID.
- Receive One Time Password: After successful registration, a one-time password will be sent to the registered email ID, which will be valid for 48 hours. Candidates can log in using their registered email ID and password to proceed further.
- After logging in the candidate has to enter all the details of the Passport and without this, they cannot register themselves. They also have to upload their passport size photo and enter the permanent and correspondence address.
- Enter Family member details - The candidate has to enter two family member details that are their mother, father, spouse
- Enter Guarantor Details
- Enter Reference Details (Other than academic, employer and immediate family members)
- Enter Academic Details
- Candidates have to upload a statement of purpose with not more than 800 words and a scanned copy of recommendation letter specially addressed to the Trustees of the J N Tata Endowment on the respective letterhead with full address, telephone, and mobile numbers OR from the official email address of the following:
- A Professor of the College or University OR
- The Employer, in case the candidates is/was working.
- Incomplete application forms will be rejected.
JN Tata Endowment Application Form Submission
The completely filled-in JN Tata Endowment Application Forms need to be submitted online. The candidates must not send their Application form by post.
The candidates must preview their filled in the Application form carefully and make the necessary corrections if required, before once they submit they will not be able to correct the fields entered in the Application Form.
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship Selection Process
The selection of candidates will be based on the performance in the interview, scores at the online test, academic results, GRE/GMAT/IELTS/TOEFL scores, extra-curricular activities, research work, statement of purpose, and work experience.
- Apart from consistent academic performance, we give importance to participation in both co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- A good GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS score is extremely important for those applying overseas. If you have received a low GRE score, it may be advisable to improve upon it, to increase your chances of receiving the loan scholarship.
- The statement of purpose carries considerable weight in the selection process
Online Test for Shortlisted candidates: Online test which will be based on the lines of Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA), on Sunday, 12 April 2020
Interview for the shortlisted candidates
Shortlisted candidates will be called in for a mandatory personal interview that is conducted by relevant subject experts in Mumbai or through Skype by a Technical Committee from April onwards.
- Interview carries the most weight in the selection process
- Candidates should come prepared with knowledge of their subjects and chosen areas of interest with any specialisation, as shown in their application for admission, as they will be examined in-depth and detail. Greater weight will be given to depth of understanding of the chosen area of study and career path.
- Aspirants applying for the scholarship are required to have already applied for admission to the university they plan to join.
- If a separate selection round is held for the Spring semester, applications for the same are accepted for the month of October of the previous year.
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship Contact Details
The J.N. Tata Endowment, Administrative Office,
Mulla House, 4th floor,
51, M.G. Road, Fort Mumbai 400 001.
Tel: (022) - 66657681, 66657198, 66657774
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
ANTHE (Aakash National Talent Hunt Exam) is Aakash scholarship exam to be held for candidates in class 7 to 12. ANTHE exam will be conducted in O... Read More