Jio Filmfare Short Film Awards 2017
About Jio Filmfare Short Film Awards 2017
Jio Filmfare Short Film Awards 2017 is golden opportunity for the filmmakers who want to show his/her talent in filmmaking. This Short film competition, organised by Worldwide Media Private Limited (WWM) in association with facebook aims to support and encourage the young filmmakers of India. There is no application fee and the last date for entry submission for Jio Filmfare short film award is November 30, 2016.
The Filmfare Short Film Festival will showcase short films of the winners. Winner of each category will have an opportunity to become a part of the main event of the Filmfare and they will also have a chance make a career in direction with known directors in the Bollywood.
The format of this program is a simple one, the filmmakers have to shoot his/her films and have to send it to WWM and then it will be judged by an illustrious jury. For the category of Popular Choice Awards, viewers will select a winner by voting.
Judges of Jio Filmfare Short Film : Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar, Gauri Shinde, Vidya Balan and Aanand L Rai.
Jio Filmfare Short Film Awards Important Dates
Jio Short Films Submission Begin
November 15, 2016
Last date to Submit Entry for Jio Short Film Award
November 30, 201
Jio Filmfare Short Film Awards 2017 Award Category
All Indian Filmmakers are eligible to participate in the program and 1 participant can participate in more than one category i.e. fiction and/or non-fiction. There are total six categories and one film per category will be selected as a winner. The categories for awards under the Contest will be as follows:
||Basis of Selection
|Best Film – Fiction
|Best Film - Non- fiction
|Best Film- Documentary
|Best Actor - Male
|Best Actor - Female
|People’s Choice Award
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Jio Filmfare Short Film Awards 2017
Jio Filmfare Short Film Awards 2017 Eligibility Criteria
|| Both Male and Female
|| All India
||There is no age bar to participate in the program.
- The participant must be a citizen of India or Indian origin.
- The short film must be made in any India language with English subtitle.
- The participants should not be an employee of WWM or Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited or a family member of WWM or sponsor.
- The participants should not be working with any film production company.
Jio Filmfare Short Film Awards 2017 Reward
- The winner will get Filmfare Award Trophy at the Filmfare Short Film Festival 2017.
- The winner of each category will have a golden chance to be a part of the main event of the Filmfare Awards 2017 organised by WWM and the date of Filmfare Award.
- A ticket for the winning film-maker and winning actor shall be sent by WWM at the address of the winning Participant.
Jio Filmfare Short Film Awards 2017 Application form and Process
The participants have to visit the given link or they can visit the official website of Filmfare. The candidates can participate in the contest by submitting an entry form online and then thereafter by submitting a printed copy of the entry form generated online along with the DVD or Pen drive containing the short film and sends it via hand delivery or courier or by registered post. The participants will have to enter the following details to complete online submission process:
Click Here to Apply
- Personal Details: Full name, Email ID, Phone number and Complete address.
- Film Details
- Name of the Film.
- Short Film video download link (eg. Wetransfer, drive, vim etc).
- Candidate's Facebook profile URL.
- Duration in Minutes (max. 20 mins).
- Synopsis and cast list: Thereafter the participants have to write a short synopsis and cast list about the short Film made by him/her.
- Submit the Entry: Now the participants have to enter the tick mark to accept the rule and regulation then they can submit their short film online.
Jio Filmfare Short Film Awards Submission of the Short Films
The participants have to submit the printed copy of the entry form which was generated after final submission of their online submission. The participants will have to attach the DVD of their short film or Pen Drive having video of the short film along with printed copy of the film submission form and have to send it to the address given below:
Worldwide media Pvt limited,
The times of India building,
4th floor, Dr. D.N. Road,
Jio Filmfare Short Film Awards Important Rules
Opening Slide: The opening slide video has to be downloaded from the official website of Filmfare.The candidates have to add that as the opening slide of the short film. Other required specifications for the short film are given below:
- The short film should not be more than 24 months old.
- The file size of the short film should not exceed 500 MB.
- Everything related to the short film should be original work done by the participants.
- The file format of the short film shall be in MP4 format only.
- The participant must state the category for which the short film is being submitted as fiction or non-fiction.
- All original soundtrack used in the short films need to be separately submitted as an audio file along with the video entry.
- All content used in the short film, including story, write up script, depiction, music, graphics, photographs, images, screenplay, sound records, lyrics, background score, dialogue, titles, subtitles, and all other literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic work or any other copyright material therein, must be original work belonging to the participant or licensed to participant under a valid license.
Jio Filmfare Short Film Awards 2017 Selection Process
- First, all the entries received by WWM shall be screened by the editorial team of WWM and 30 short films from and amongst all the entries received shall be shortlisted by WWM.
- The 30 shortlisted short films will be screened by a panel of jury member consisting of renowned personalities from the world of film and art, who shall be appointed by WWM and the jury members shall shortlist 10 short films out of the 30 short films shortlisted by the conducting body.
- Out of the shortlisted 10 short films, the jury will declare winners in each category.
Selection of People’s Choice category winner: For short-listing the short film under ‘People’s Choice Award Winner 2017’ category, viewers of the short films will be able to vote for the film of their choice.
- WWM will shortlist 5 short films based on public voting, which may or may not includes 30 short films shortlisted by WWM. The Jury shall select and declare 1 short film as the ‘People’s Choice Award Winner 2017’ from and amongst the 5 short films.
Jio Filmfare Short Film Awards Result
Worldwide Media Private Limited will be responsible for communicating with the Participants, shortlisted Participants and winners of the Contest by email. All announcements, changes or updates shall be posted on the official website of Filmfare and also on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages of the contest.
Jio Filmfare Short Film Awards 2017 Address
Worldwide media Pvt limited,
The Times of India building,
4th Floor, Dr. D.N. Road,
Mumbai - 400001
Jio Filmfare Short Film Awards 2017 Contact Details
Doodle 4 Google India contest organised by Google invites entries from Indian students to design and submit Doodle 4 Google on the topic. The com... Read More
Inlaks Theatre Awards 2019 is given for skill enhancement in the field of theatre Inlaks India Foundation. Inlaks Theatre Awards aims t... Read More
INSPIRE Fellowship 2018: Innovation in Scientific Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) is an initiative of Government of India that offer... Read More
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls under PRAGATI Scheme has been launched by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). AICTE Scholarship wil... Read More