IWC Masters Scholarships 2017
About IWC Masters Scholarships
IWC Masters Scholarships are significant scholarships which are offered yearly by International Water Centre, Australia to meritorious candidates who clearly demonstrate potential to become future water leaders. It is a fully paid up scholarship for study in Australia which covers tuition fee, living costs etc. IWC Masters Scholarships are a prestigious scholarship that is awarded on a merit-basis to candidates who want to study the IWC Master of Integrated Water Management (MIWM) commencing in Semester 1, 2018. Duration of the Scholarship is 18 months. The International Water Centre (IWC) will be offering up to two scholarships for international candidates for full-time study. These includes:
- Scholarship A: Up to two full tuition and full living costs scholarships for future water leaders from developing countries in Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Africa & Middle East.
- This scholarship is applicable to the candidates from India.
- Scholarship B: One full tuition scholarship for a future water leader from North America, Europe, or Asia.
IWC Scholarship Important Dates 2017
1 May 2017 to 1 August 2017 (5:00 pm AEST)
25 August 2017
Shortlisting of successful candidates
6 November 2017
Commencement of Course
February 2018 in Brisbane, Australia
- Type of Scholarship: Fully paid
- Course level: Undergraduate
- Country of Study: Australia
- Commencement of Course: February 2018
Subscribe for Regular Updates of IWC Masters Scholarships
IWC Masters Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must hold citizenship of a developing country.
- Candidate must have an undergraduate degree in a related field of study from an internationally-recognised institution.
- Candidate must have two years of professional experience (paid work or volunteering experience) relevant to the program.
- Work Experience is not compulsory but the candidates with Work Ex will be given preference.
- International candidates must also demonstrate English Language Proficiency.
- There is no minimum GPA required for entry into the program, however, students must have demonstrated a high level of academic achievement.
- A background in engineering/science/mathematics would certainly be an asset, however it is not a pre-requisite for entry into the program
IWC Masters Scholarships Reward
IWC Scholarship reward for both Scholarship A and Scholarship B. Each scholarship is valued at AU$ 92,645 and will cover:
Scholarship A Reward
- Full Tuition Fees: Full tuition fees up to AU$ 52,500 till the completion of the program commencing in 2018
- Return Air Travel To Australia: Candidates will also be offered a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route up to a maximum of AU$ 2,500.
- Student VISA: Cost of student visa for a single student valued at AU$ 550
- Health Cover: Overseas Student Health Cover valued at AU$ 950
- Living Cost Stipend: Living costs stipend valued at AU 36,000 for 16 months payable in equal monthly instalments.
- Amenities Fees: UQ student Services and Amenities Fee valued up to AU$145.
Scholarship B Reward
Tuition Fees: A full-time tuition fees of AU$ 52,500 for the entire study that is 18 months.
IWC Masters Scholarships Application form and Process
IWC Masters Scholarships Application form can only be filled Online. Candidates can fill the application form till 1 August 2017, till 5:00 pm AEST (Brisbane, Australia time).
Documents required for filling the Application Form
- Your current Resume/CV
- Two reference letters
- Names and contact details of two referees who have agreed to be contacted in relation to your academic and/or work performance.
- If you are an international candidate: proof of English Language Proficiency which can be either: IELTS/ TOEFL/ Pearson PTE.
IWC Masters Scholarships Selection Process
IWC Masters Scholarships shortlisted candidates will be notified by 6 November 2017, on the following basis:
- Academic record: Candidate should possess an excellent academic record and a likelihood of success in further study.
- Professional and volunteering record: Relevant employment and volunteering experience, achievements, membership of professional bodies and professional references.
- Commitment to promoting and driving the implementation of collaborative, whole-of-water-cycle, integrated and interdisciplinary approaches to water management.
- Leadership qualities including collaboration and teamwork, flexibility, initiative, communication skills, integrity and vision through professional, educational, community and other achievements.
- Potential outcomes: the likelihood of positive impacts on the individual and the water sector from participating in the MIWM program.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed via email on 25 August 2017
Steps to be followed once shortlisted
- Step 1: Candidates will have to submit an application for admission into the MIWM program at The University of Queensland (UQ).
- Step 2: In early October the Scholarship Selection Panel will decide on successful scholarship recipients.
IWC Masters Scholarships Address
Level 16, 333 Ann Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000
PO Box 10907, Adelaide St, Brisbane, QLD 4000
IWC Masters Scholarships Contact Details
Tel+61 7 3014 0200
Fax+61 7 3103 4574