Indian Railways Design Competition for Waterless & Odourless Toilets
AAKASH Scholarship for Class 7 to 12 Apply Now
About Indian Railways Design Competition for Waterless & Odourless Toilets
- Indian Railways responded to Prime Minister’s call for ‘Clean India’ by organizing a public competition for Waterless Odorless toilets in trains.
- Individual as well as teams can participate in Indian Railways Design Competition for Waterless & Odourless Toilets.
- Prize: Out of the entries received, 5 winners will be selected winners will be rewarded with cash prizes worth Rs. 5.25 lakh.
- The specifications and details related to the coach and space etc. have been provided by Indian railways for the development of a proper design.
- The selection of the winners will be done by a jury consisting experts from Railways, Industry and Academia/Research field.
- Result: The Result will be made available on the official website of Research Design & Standards Organization, Indian Railways by February 28, 2016.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Indian Railways Design Competition for Waterless & Odourless Toilets
Indian Railways Design Competition for Waterless & Odourless Toilets Eligibility Criteria
||Open for all
- Nationality: The competition is open for Indian nationals.
- Participation: The project can be undertaken by an individual or a team.
Indian Railways Design Competition for Waterless & Odourless Toilets Reward
Indian Railways Design Competition Rewards
On the basis of the entries received, 5 designs will be selected and awarded with cash prizes. The details of the rewards are:
- First Prize: The design selected as the winner of the first prize will get cash prize worth Rs. 3 Lakh.
- Second Prize: The second best design will be rewarded with a cash prize of Rs. 1.5 Lakh.
- Consolation Prizes: Three designs will be given a cash prize of Rs. 25,000 as a consolation prize.
Indian Railways Design Competition for Waterless & Odourless Toilets Application form and Process
Indian Railways Design Competition Application Process
The applications for the Indian Railways Design Competition are to be sent via email. The details of the application process and specifications of the designs are as follow:
- Technical Specifications: The design of Waterless & Odourless Toilets needs to comply with the following specifications:
- The details related to the design and specifications of the Train Coach and Toilet have been provided by Indian Railways in Annexure 1.
- There should be no odour with minimum use of water.
- There should be no discharge except pH neutral water.
- The design of the toilet should be aesthetically pleasing and passenger friendly.
- The design needs to be durable enough to bear usage pattern and vibrations due to dynamic forces up to a level of 3g.
- Application Details: The applications need to be submitted by the means of email and the submission needs to be as per following:
- The submission needs to be made on A4 size with a brief explanation (about half page) of the Design and how it achieves the cleaning of toilets without water and prevent emanation of foul smell.
- It may include drawings and material details to illustrate the design. The plan for disposal of waste and environment impact of the same should also be mentioned.
- It should provide a cost assessment of proposed design for setup and operation along with the details of consumables and power requirement of the proposed design if any.
- It should specify the assessed life of the designed component.
- It should include a plan for disposal of waste and environment impact if any.
- Submission: The submission of the proposal needs to be done in clearly readable pdf format.
- The language can either be Hindi or English with font size equivalent to 12 in single line spacing.
- The file should have maximum 10 pages with overall size 10 MB.
- The submission should be done to ‘email@example.com’
- The biodata, Contact Details (mobile no. , email id etc.), and affiliations of the applicant to be sent separately in the mail.
Indian Railways Design Competition for Waterless & Odourless Toilets Selection Process
Indian Railways Design Competition Selection Process
- The entries submitted will be judged by Jury of distinguished experts from Railways, Industry and Academia/Research field.
- 5 shortlisted designers will be invited to present their designs in front of the jury.
- The result of the competition will be declared on February 28, 2016 and the winners will be informed via mail.
- The result will also be published on ‘rdso.indianrailways.gov.in’
Indian Railways Design Competition for Waterless & Odourless Toilets Contact Details
ANTHE (Aakash National Talent Hunt Exam) is Aakash scholarship exam to be held for candidates in class 7 to 12. ANTHE exam will be conducted in O... Read More