India Fellow Program 2018
About India Fellow Program
India Fellow Program 2018 is 13 months long fellowship program in which fellows work full-time with a field partner organization on a specific issue or project together with training, mentoring and reflection. The Fellowship program’s influence will empower India Fellows to shape their futures, find their own leadership potential while making a difference to the Society.
- The 2018 Cohort will start from February 2018.
- In order to be a part of the India Fellow Program 2018, the applicant needs to be an Indian graduate between 20 to 28 years.
- The participants will get 6 weeks training during various points in the fellowship program. They will also get Rs.15,000 as living allowance while working with partner organizations and seamless opportunities to network with prominent individuals from various fields.
India Fellow Program Dates 2018
|Application Process Starts
| Application Form Ends
||30 November 2017
|Telephonic Interview of Shortlisted candidates
|Field Cum-Written Assignment of Telephonic Interview Candidates
|Assessment Process and Personal Interview
Subscribe for Regular Updates of India Fellow Program
India Fellow Program Eligibility Criteria
||Between 20-28 years of age.
- Graduate in any field. Students who will finish their graduation by February can also apply.
- An Indian citizen or person of Indian origin.
- Candidate must be ready for 13-month full-time commitment to the fellowship.
India Fellow Program Reward
During the 13 months of the India Fellowship program, candidates will closely work with NGO’s working on grass-root issues in rural India. The details about the benefits that a fellow will get out of the fellowship Program are:
- Stipend: Rs. 15,000 per month
- For rural areas if organization provides for accommodation (some organizations have their field offices and/or guest house where you can stay) the stipend is INR 12,000 per month.
- For rural areas if organization does not provide for accommodation then the stipend is INR 15,000 per month.
- For metropolitan areas of Mumbai and Delhi, the stipend is INR 15,000 and 18,000 respectively for with and without accommodation
- Training & Coaching: The candidates will get 6 weeks training during various milestones along the duration of the fellowship
- Orientation training at the start of the program
- Mid-point training at the end of 6 months into the program
- Travel workshop in the 10th month, fund-raised by the fellows
- The end point training after completion of the work assignments with grassroots organizations towards the end of the program.
- Working with Host Organizations: A major proportion of time will be spent by the candidates while working with the grassroots organization working on various social issues. The candidates will be living in their work area and will be working on a specific role assigned to them.
- Mentor-ship & The Network Support: After initial 3 months, candidates will be assigned a mentor.The Mentor will be an individual advisor not associated with the NGO and he/she will be more concerned about fellow’sdevelopmentthen the assignment etc.
- Candidates will also get chances to work and network with trainers, alumni, personnel from various host organization and the program team.
India Fellow Program Application form and Process
India Fellow Program 2018 can only be filled online by the applicants on the official website that is www.indiafellow.org. The candidates can fill the online application form from September 2017 to 30 November 2017.
Click Here to Apply Online
Steps to fill the Application Form
- Personal Information: The candidates must start filling the application form by entering their personal information such as name, email id, date of birth, correspondence address etc.
- Educational Qualification: The candidates must enter the details of their educational qualification when they started and when it ended.
- Question Filling: While filling the application form, candidates are required to answer the following questions in detail and the word limit for each is mentioned at the end of the question:
Application Form Submission
India Fellow Program 2018 Application Form must be completely filled by the applicants by answering all the above-asked questions and submit it Online only. However, the applicants are advised to keep the print out of the completely filled in application form with them for future use.
India Fellow Program Selection Process
The various process of selecting of India Fellow Program are as follows:
- Shortlisting: The initial shortlisting of the candidates will be done on the basis of the information and answers provided by the candidates in their online application form.
- Telephonic Interview: The shortlisted candidates will undergo a telephonic interview with India Fellow Team.
- Personal Interview: Candidates selected on the basis of the telephonic interview will be invited for a day of the assessment process and personal interview in one of our centers.
- Result- Final selections will be announced only after the personal interview 45 days prior to the commencement date of the fellowship.
- Once an applicant clears and makes it to the India Fellow cohort, if they had indicated interest in the Ideosync UNESCO India Fellow (IUIF) sub-component and filled in the sub-application online, they will undergo an additional interview for selection as an IUIF before the commencement of the fellowship.
India Fellow Program Contact Details
iVolunteer & India Fellow,
D-134, First Floor,
East of Kailash, New Delhi – 110065
Call: 01126217460 (Between 10 am to 6 pm)
Founder iVolunteer & India Fellow
Call: 9818003121 (Between 11 am to 5 pm)
CoFounder iVolunteer & India Fellow
Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship is launched in the Joint Statement of the government of the United States of America and the Government of the Repu... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
A Star India Youth Scholarship is a four-year programme pertaining to Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’... Read More
SIA Youth Scholarship 2018: The application process has started. The candidates can apply for SIA Youth Scholarship 2018 through this page. SIA Youth ... Read More