April 15, 2014
|Class/ Age||18- 35 years|
Candidates can apply through this link >> Register Online
Business venture/plan should focus on any of the following sectors:
• Creative Industry
• Cultural Industry
• Food, Nutrition & Agriculture
• Information & Communications Technology
• Skill Development
• Financial Inclusion
The Venture Guidelines
• Submitted ventures should plan to be financially sustainable and/or profitable; self-sufficiency on earned revenue will be a key criterion for evaluation.
• Submitted ventures must be scalable in the long term. Scalability will take into account the potential for growth of the business, both financially and in its social impact.
• Operational “early stage” ventures should not have been in operation for more than 3 years (with the start of the venture marked by first income or first patent, whichever occurred earlier) as of April 10, 2014.
• Submitted ventures cannot be wholly owned subsidiaries of existing entities (either for profit or non-profit)
• The business plan must include a financial analysis as well as a Social Impact Assessment (SIA) which includes DEFINITION of the Social Value Proposition; QUANTIFICATION of the top three social indicators; and MONETIZATION or Social Return on Investment (SROI) analysis.
Those unsure of their idea’s eligibility must contact the Organizing Committee for clarification.
• The entry should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 15 April 2014, 2300 hrs IST.
• Can also be sent by courier to
INDIAFRICA: A Shared Future Ideaworks Design & Strategy Pvt Ltd
609, Block-C, 6th Floor Nirvana Courtyard South City-2,
Sector-50 Gurgaon, Haryana,
Phone: +91 124 425 3501
• The submission should contain details of all team members
A short bio not exceeding 100 words
The entries will be judged on the relevance and the quality of perspective presented within the context of the contest theme.
c/o IdeaWorks Design & Strategy Pvt Ltd 609, Block-C, 6th floor Nirvana Courtyard South City-2 Sec-50 Gurgaon (HR) INDIA Pin-122 018
INDIAFRICA: A Shared Future
is a unique people to people initiative that aims at engaging multiple stakeholders in India and Africa through contests, fellowships, discussions, events, collaborative projects and cultural exchanges.
INDIAFRICA is supported by the Public Diplomacy Division, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India and is managed by the Idea Works. INDIAFRICA works very closely with various institutions in Africa and India to drive this initiative.