INBA-Novartis Debate Competition 2016
About INBA-Novartis Debate Competition
INBA-Novartis Debate Competition 2016 is open for students pursuing B (3-year or 5-year Law Course) and LL.M programs from colleges affiliated by Bar Council of India.
- This is a 2 stage competition where during Stage 1 participants need to submit a 500-word extract related to the topic “
Whether a strong,world-class Intellectual Property Rights regime will benefit India & Indian companies?”, and on the basis of the extract 8 selected candidates will become a part of Live Debate.
- The Live Debate will be conducted on October 21, 2016, at the Indian Society of International Law, Bhagwan Das Road, New Delhi
- Cash prize of Rs.50000 will be given to 2 best speakers selected from the live debate. One of them will be in favor of the topic while the other will be against the topic.
INBA-Novartis Debate Competition Important Dates 2016
|Last Date of Submission of the Extract
||September 20, 2016
|Shortlisted candidates will be informed
||October 10, 2016
|Live Debate Competition
||October 21, 2016
Subscribe for Regular Updates of INBA-Novartis Debate Competition
INBA-Novartis Debate Competition Eligibility Criteria
|| B (3-year or 5-year Law Course) and LL.M programs
The applicant needs to be a LL.B or LL.M student from an institute recognized by Bar Council of India.
INBA-Novartis Debate Competition Reward
On the basis of the live debate organized at the Indian Society of International Law, Bhagwan Das Road, New Delhi, on October 21, 2016, 2 winners will be selected (1 in favor of the topic & 1 against the topic). The winner will get:
Cash Prize: Both the winners will be awarded Cash prize of Rs.50,000
INBA-Novartis Debate Competition Application form and Process
INBA-Novartis Debate Competition application process just involves sending the extract via email. The details regarding the abstract and other related process are:
- Mode of Application: The application process is online and in order to be eligible for the competition, an extract of 500 words, as well as a two minute Video recording of debate, need to be mailed to the given email id.
- Details of the Extract: The candidates are required to submit an extract, on the basis of which 8 candidates will be selected for Live Debate. The extract need tobeinaccordanceto the following specifications:
- Topic: ‘Whether a strong,world-class Intellectual Property Rights regime will benefit India & Indian companies?’
- Word Limit: 500 words (excluding foot notes)
- Formatting Guidelines: The extract needs to be formatted as per the following guidelines:
- Page Margins : 1 inch on all sides
- Body of Essay
- Font Type : Times New Roman
- Font Size : 12 pts.
- Line spacing : Double spacing with ‘0 pts.’ before and after.
- Alignment : Justified
- Font Type : Times New Roman
- Font Size : 10 pts.
- Line spacing : Single spacing with ‘0 pts.’ before and after.
- Alignment : Justified
- Style : ILI Delhi Rules of Footnoting
- The main body of the extract should not contain the name of the applicant or college or any contact detail.
- Team submission or co-authorship is not allowed.
- Multiple entries by a single participant may lead to disqualification.
- Students are expected to acknowledge the primary source(s) of information.
- Plagiarized content will lead to immediate disqualification.
Submission of the Extract
- The submission needs to be accompanied by a scanned copy of Student ID card as issued by the institution.
- The extract need to be accompanied by a cover page having the following information on it :
- Name of Participant
- Email ID
- Course and Year of Study
- Permanent Address
- Contact Number
- Title of the Abstract
- The extract needs to be in the form of MS Word file having an extension .DOC/.DOCX
- The Extract with all the above-mentioned documents and specification need to be e-mailed to the following email id on or before September 20, 2016:
INBA-Novartis Debate Competition Selection Process
On the basis of the submitted extract, 8 candidates will be shortlisted, 4 of them will be against the Motion & 4 in the favor of the Motion. The evaluation of the Extracts will be done on the following basis:
- Evaluation Criteria: The submitted extracts will be marked on the following basis:
- Originality of Content : 20 marks
- Quality of Research : 30 marks
- Argumentation : 40 marks
- Use of Authorities and Citations : 15 marks
- Result: The candidates shortlisted for the final debate will be informed by October 10, 2016 and the final winners will be selected and declared during the event.
INBA-Novartis Debate Competition Contact Details
Phone: +91 81303 58886
9th National Science Film Festival of India 2019 is organized by Vigyan Prasar, an autonomous organisation, under the Department of Science ... Read More
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for college & university is given by MHRD, Govt. of India to meritorious students who have passed Class 12. ... Read More
Scholarship for Excellence (SEE) is a scholarship given to students in India in recognition of their excellence in the English Language. The scholarsh... Read More
Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2018 is offered by the Social Security Mission of Kerala for the students of Kerala whose father or mother or both have ... Read More