INBA-Novartis Debate Competition 2016
About INBA-Novartis Debate Competition
INBA-Novartis Debate Competition 2016 is open for students pursuing B (3-year or 5-year Law Course) and LL.M programs from colleges affiliated by Bar Council of India.
- This is a 2 stage competition where during Stage 1 participants need to submit a 500-word extract related to the topic “
Whether a strong,world-class Intellectual Property Rights regime will benefit India & Indian companies?”, and on the basis of the extract 8 selected candidates will become a part of Live Debate.
- The Live Debate will be conducted on October 21, 2016, at the Indian Society of International Law, Bhagwan Das Road, New Delhi
- Cash prize of Rs.50000 will be given to 2 best speakers selected from the live debate. One of them will be in favor of the topic while the other will be against the topic.
INBA-Novartis Debate Competition Important Dates 2016
|Last Date of Submission of the Extract
||September 20, 2016
|Shortlisted candidates will be informed
||October 10, 2016
|Live Debate Competition
||October 21, 2016
Subscribe for Regular Updates of INBA-Novartis Debate Competition
INBA-Novartis Debate Competition Eligibility Criteria
|| B (3-year or 5-year Law Course) and LL.M programs
The applicant needs to be a LL.B or LL.M student from an institute recognized by Bar Council of India.
INBA-Novartis Debate Competition Reward
On the basis of the live debate organized at the Indian Society of International Law, Bhagwan Das Road, New Delhi, on October 21, 2016, 2 winners will be selected (1 in favor of the topic & 1 against the topic). The winner will get:
Cash Prize: Both the winners will be awarded Cash prize of Rs.50,000
INBA-Novartis Debate Competition Application form and Process
INBA-Novartis Debate Competition application process just involves sending the extract via email. The details regarding the abstract and other related process are:
- Mode of Application: The application process is online and in order to be eligible for the competition, an extract of 500 words, as well as a two minute Video recording of debate, need to be mailed to the given email id.
- Details of the Extract: The candidates are required to submit an extract, on the basis of which 8 candidates will be selected for Live Debate. The extract need tobeinaccordanceto the following specifications:
- Topic: ‘Whether a strong,world-class Intellectual Property Rights regime will benefit India & Indian companies?’
- Word Limit: 500 words (excluding foot notes)
- Formatting Guidelines: The extract needs to be formatted as per the following guidelines:
- Page Margins : 1 inch on all sides
- Body of Essay
- Font Type : Times New Roman
- Font Size : 12 pts.
- Line spacing : Double spacing with ‘0 pts.’ before and after.
- Alignment : Justified
- Font Type : Times New Roman
- Font Size : 10 pts.
- Line spacing : Single spacing with ‘0 pts.’ before and after.
- Alignment : Justified
- Style : ILI Delhi Rules of Footnoting
- The main body of the extract should not contain the name of the applicant or college or any contact detail.
- Team submission or co-authorship is not allowed.
- Multiple entries by a single participant may lead to disqualification.
- Students are expected to acknowledge the primary source(s) of information.
- Plagiarized content will lead to immediate disqualification.
Submission of the Extract
- The submission needs to be accompanied by a scanned copy of Student ID card as issued by the institution.
- The extract need to be accompanied by a cover page having the following information on it :
- Name of Participant
- Email ID
- Course and Year of Study
- Permanent Address
- Contact Number
- Title of the Abstract
- The extract needs to be in the form of MS Word file having an extension .DOC/.DOCX
- The Extract with all the above-mentioned documents and specification need to be e-mailed to the following email id on or before September 20, 2016:
INBA-Novartis Debate Competition Selection Process
On the basis of the submitted extract, 8 candidates will be shortlisted, 4 of them will be against the Motion & 4 in the favor of the Motion. The evaluation of the Extracts will be done on the following basis:
- Evaluation Criteria: The submitted extracts will be marked on the following basis:
- Originality of Content : 20 marks
- Quality of Research : 30 marks
- Argumentation : 40 marks
- Use of Authorities and Citations : 15 marks
- Result: The candidates shortlisted for the final debate will be informed by October 10, 2016 and the final winners will be selected and declared during the event.
INBA-Novartis Debate Competition Contact Details
Phone: +91 81303 58886
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
A Star India Youth Scholarship is a four-year programme pertaining to Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’... Read More
SIA Youth Scholarship 2018: The application process has started. The candidates can apply for SIA Youth Scholarship 2018 through this page. SIA Youth ... Read More
NBHM Scholarship MSc 2018: The application process has started for NBHM Scholarship 2018. The candidates can apply for NBHM Scholarship MSc by 30... Read More