INAT 2017 - IUCAA NCRA PhD Admission Test
About INAT 2017
INAT 2017 is a scholarship exam for selection of candidates for the award of scholarship towards a PhD at either IUCAA or NCRA-TIFR. Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) & National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, Pune invites candidates to participate in INAT 2017 for admission in PhD in Physics, Astronomy and Astrophysics. The application process for INAT 2017 is completely online and interested students need to make an application along with 2 references in support of their application. The selection of the candidates for the scholarship will be based on the written examination and 2 interviews.
- NCRA- TIFR: National Centre for Radio Astrophysics - Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
- IUCCA: Inter University Centre for Astronomy & Astrophysics
INAT 2017 Important Dates
INAT 2017 Application ends
15 September 2017
INAT 2017 Examination date
7 December 2017
INAT 2017 Interview Dates
7 and 8 December 2017
About IUCAA or NCRA-TIFR
Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune and The National Centre for Radio Astrophysics of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (NCRA-TIFR), Pune are two of the well-known research institutes in the field of Physics, and Astronomy and Astrophysics.
IUCAA offers opportunities related to theory, instrumentation and observation in Astrophysics and Astronomy and operated IUCAA Girawali Observatory housing a 2-m optical telescope.
NCRA-TIFR offers research related opportunities in Astronomy and Astrophysics with emphasis on Radio Astronomy.
NCRA-TIFR made and operates Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope which is the biggest and most powerful radio telescope in the world at low radio frequencies.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of INAT 2017
INAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: INAT 2017 is open for Indian as well as Foreign students.
- All foreign candidates need to have clearance from Indian Government before joining IUCAA or NCRA-TIFR.
- Academic qualification: Th applicants should have completed or in the final year of M.Sc, Integrated M.Sc. or B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech. Degrees.
- Students having B.E., B.Tech., M.E. or M.Tech. Degrees, or having B.Sc. or M.Sc. degrees in the Physics, Electronics, Astronomy or Applied Mathematics branches are also eligible to apply.
- Talented final-year B.Sc., 1st-year M.Sc., 4th-year Integrated M.Sc. and 2nd/ 3rd-year B.E./B.Tech. the students can also apply.
- Minimum Marks: The student should have scored at least 55% marks in their qualifying examination.
INAT 2017 Reward
- The student selected by the means of INAT 2017 will be selected for the research scholarship towards a Ph.D. at either IUCAA or NCRA-TIFR.
- Travel Expenses: The outstation candidates appearing in the written examination & interview will be provided with one and one-third times the train/bus fare by second-class sleeper for their to & fro journey.
INAT 2017 Application form and Process
The candidates are required to make online applications for the INAT 2017, the details of the application process are as follow:
- Mode of Application: Online applications are to be submitted by candidates in order to participate in INAT 2017.
- Application Process: The application process is divided into 2 parts the details of both are as follow:
- Step 1- Registration: while making the application, candidates are required to provide their Email id & name to complete the Step 1 of the application process. The login details of the candidate’s account will be forwarded to the given email id.
- Step 2- Application Form: Candidates should log in to their respective accounts using the details emailed to them and fill in the application form.
- While filling the application form candidates need to enter the email ids of 2 referees, both the referees are required to fill online Confidential Assessment Form.
- On the basis of the application forms shortlisted candidates will be called for the written examination.
- Submission: Candidates should fill in their details and make sure that the 2 referees fill their online Confidential Assessment Form after the application form has been submitted by the applicant.
- Walk-in for the Test: The candidates having more than 55% marks in qualifying examination can walk-in directly for the test at Chandrasekhar Auditorium, IUCAA by 9:00 a.m. The walk-in candidates are required to carry a valid ID with them along with a copy of recent mark sheet.
INAT 2017 Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of the written examination conducted on 7 and 8 December 2017 followed by personal interviews. The details of the test and selection procedure are as follow:
Examination Pattern: The written examination will have 2 sections i.e. Part A & Part B.
- Part A: Part A of the examination will consist of 20 questions from basic Mathematics, Physics and Electronics.
- Part B: Part Bwill have20questions related to advanced Physics, Mathematics and Electronics/Engineering.
- Type of Questions: There will be multiple choice questions and the students are required to mark the correct option out of the provided options.
- Marking: Students will be awarded 3 marks for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Interview: Those candidates who were able to clear the written test will be invited for two interviews. The interviews will be conducted on 7 and 8 December 2017.
INAT 2017 Address
National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (NCRA-TIFR),
Pune University campus, Ganeshkhind,
Pune 411 007, Maharashtra, INDIA
INAT 2017 Contact Details
Phone: (020) 2571 9296
Dean's Excellence Award for India is being offered by the University of Strathclyde, Scotland to Indian students who are willing to pursue postgr... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships (SSS) is a scholarship offered as a funding tie-up between Scottish Higher Education Institutions and the Govern... Read More
59th International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) is the world championship of mathematics for high school students organised annually in different count... Read More