INAT 2019 - IUCAA NCRA PhD Admission Test
AAKASH Scholarship for Class 7 to 12 Apply Now
About INAT 2019
INAT 2019 is admission test for selection of candidates for the award of scholarship towards a PhD at either IUCAA or NCRA-TIFR. Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) & National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, Pune invites candidates to participate in INAT 2019 for admission in PhD in Physics, Astronomy and Astrophysics. The application process for INAT 2019 is completely online and interested students need to make an application along with 2 references in support of their application. The selection of the candidates for the scholarship will be based on the written examination and 2 interviews.
- NCRA- TIFR: National Centre for Radio Astrophysics - Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
- IUCCA: Inter-University Centre for Astronomy & Astrophysics, Pune
INAT 2019 Dates
INAT 2019 Application ends
12 September 2019
INAT 2019 Exam date
5 December 2019
INAT 2019 Interview Dates
5,6 December or 7 and 8 December 2019
Subscribe for Regular Updates of INAT 2019
INAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: INAT 2019 is open for Indian as well as foreign students.
- All foreign candidates need to have clearance from the Indian Government before joining IUCAA or NCRA-TIFR.
- The applicants should have completed or in the final year of M.Sc, Integrated M.Sc. in Physics/ Astronomy/ Applied Mathematics or B.E./ B.Tech./ M.E./ M.Tech. in any branch by July 2020
- Talented final-year B.Sc., 1st-year M.Sc., 4th-year Integrated M.Sc. and 2nd/ 3rd-year B.E./B.Tech. the students can also apply.
- Minimum Marks: The student should have scored at least 55% marks in their qualifying examination.
INAT 2019 Reward
- The student selected by the means of INAT 2019 will be selected for the research scholarship towards a Ph.D. at either IUCAA or NCRA-TIFR.
- Travel Expenses: The outstation candidates appearing in the written examination & interview will be provided with one and one-third times the train/bus fare by second-class sleeper for their to & fro journey.
INAT 2019 Application form and Process
The candidates are required to make online applications for the INAT 2019, the details of the application process are as follow:
Mode of Application: Online applications are to be submitted by candidates in order to participate in INAT 2019.
Apply Online for INAT 2019
Application Process: The application process is divided into 2 parts the details of both are as follow:
- Step 1- Registration: while making the application, candidates are required to provide their Email id & name to complete Step 1 of the application process. The login details of the candidate’s account will be forwarded to the given email id.
- Step 2- Application Form: Candidates should log in to their respective accounts using the details emailed to them and fill in the application form.
- While filling the application form candidates need to enter the email ids of 2 referees, both the referees are required to fill online Confidential Assessment Form.
- On the basis of the application forms, shortlisted candidates will be called for the written examination.
- Submission: Candidates should fill in their details and make sure that the 2 referees fill their online Confidential Assessment Form after the application form has been submitted by the applicant.
- Walk-in for the Test: The candidates having more than 55% marks in qualifying examination can walk-in directly for the test at Chandrasekhar Auditorium, IUCAA by 9:00 a.m. The walk-in candidates are required to carry a valid ID with them along with a copy of recent mark sheet.
INAT 2019 Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of the written examination conducted on 5 December 2019 followed by personal interviews. The details of the test and selection procedure are as follow:
INAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The written examination will have 2 sections i.e. Part A & Part B.
- Part A: 20 questions from basic Mathematics, Physics and Electronics.
- Part B: 20 questions related to advanced Physics, Mathematics and Electronics/Engineering.
- Part C: 6 questions from Both basic and advanced areas of Physics, Mathematics and Engineering
- Type of Questions: Part A and B will have multiple-choice questions and the students are required to mark the correct option out of the provided options. Part C will have integer type question and no negative marking
- Marking: Students will be awarded 3 marks for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
|Number of Questions
|Part A - 17 Question
||Mathematics, Physics and Electronics.
|Part B - 17 Questions
||Advanced Physics, Mathematics and Electronics/Engineering
|Part C - 6 Questions
||Both basic and advanced areas of Physics, Mathematics and Engineering
Interview: Those candidates who were able to clear the written test will be invited for two interviews. The interviews will be conducted on various dates.
About IUCAA or NCRA-TIFR
Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune and The National Centre for Radio Astrophysics of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (NCRA-TIFR), Pune are two of the well-known research institutes in the field of Physics, and Astronomy and Astrophysics.
IUCAA offers opportunities related to theory, instrumentation and observation in Astrophysics and Astronomy and operated IUCAA Girawali Observatory housing a 2-m optical telescope.
NCRA-TIFR offers research-related opportunities in Astronomy and Astrophysics with emphasis on Radio Astronomy.
NCRA-TIFR made and operates Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope which is the biggest and most powerful radio telescope in the world at low radio frequencies.
INAT 2019 Contact Details
Santosh Khadilkar, Administrative Officer (Core Programmes)
Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics,
Savitribai Phule Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind,
Pune 411 007, Maharashtra
Phone: (020) 2571 9296, 020 - 25604100
ANTHE (Aakash National Talent Hunt Exam) is Aakash scholarship exam to be held for candidates in class 7 to 12. ANTHE exam will be conducted in O... Read More