Imperial College Junior Research Fellowship 2017
ALLEN NTSE Online Test Series Buy Now
About Imperial College Junior Research Fellowship
- Imperial College Junior Research Fellowship 2017 is for candidates who have Ph.D. degree and intended for early career postdoctoral researchers of demonstrated ability and high potential. The candidates should be eligible to work in UK to avail the JRF position.
- The JRFs at Imperial College London are available in all subject areas that have a strong research base within
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- The Business School
- The applications form has to be downloaded & filled and the electronic copies of the completely filled form are to be sent to the Institute along with a confidential letter of support / reference.
- There is no application fee for making the application for the Imperial College Junior Research Fellowship 2015. It is each applicant's responsibility to find a suitable sponsor within Imperial College to support their application.
- The selected fellows will be awarded with an annual salary of £39,380 and a travel & research allowance of £45,000 over a period of 3 years. The Fellows will also be entitled to various benefits related to career growth such as mentoring, career guidance & support, training courses, and development opportunities.
- The timeline of the Imperial College Junior Research Fellowship is as follow:
Closing date for applications
September 12, 2016
December 2016/January 2017
Results of Selection Committee
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Imperial College Junior Research Fellowship
Imperial College Junior Research Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
||Ph.D students looking for post-doctoral research
- Nationality: The Fellowship is available for the candidates of all nationalities.
- Academic qualification: The student must have a Ph.D and excellent academic record.
- Experience: The candidate applying for the fellowship should not have more than four years postdoctoral research experience in an academic environment.
- Sponsor: It is the responsibility of the candidate to find a sponsor for themselves.
- There are no mandatory teaching or administrative duties associated with these fellowships.
- The candidates have to show the evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK before commencing any fellowship offered.
Imperial College Junior Research Fellowship Reward
The fellows getting the Imperial College Junior Research Fellowship will get the following benefits:
- Salary: The fellow will be entitled to a competitive salary of £39,380 (Approx. 38,00,000)per annum.
- Research & Travel Expenses: The fellow will get travel and research expenses of £45,000 (Approx. 44,00,000 INR) in 3 years.
- Fellows may spend up to 12 months in total visiting other research institutions and/or in industry including overseas; the maximum time spent at any one institution being 6 months
- Support: A Senior Imperial Academic will be made available for personal mentoring support to the fellow.
- Career support: College’s Postdoc Development Centre will provide focused careers support, training courses, and development opportunities.
- The Candidate will have full responsibility for setting and directing their own research agenda.
Imperial College Junior Research Fellowship Application form and Process
The candidates are required to make online application for the scholarship and the details related to the scholarship are as follow:
- Application form: The candidates are required to fill the application form. There are 6 sections in the form, section 1-4 are to be filled by the applicant, Section 5 is to be filled by the agreed Imperial College sponsor and the Sixth section is to be filled by Francis Crick Institute co-sponsor.>> Click here to download the application form.
- Language, font and margins: The application form is to be filled by the candidate in English language only and by using ‘Arial’ font, size 11 within the given space.
- Confidential letter of support / reference: Confidential letter of support / reference is to be issued by the current institute of applicant and should be attached with the application form.
- Once the application form is complete, it needs to be reviewed and signed by relevant Imperial College Head of Department, confirming the department’s willingness to host the fellow.
Submission of the application
- Once the application has been completed, the applicant should send one electronic copy of the application form in PDF format, Recruitment Monitoring Form and confidential letter of support / reference from the applicant’s current institution to email@example.com.
Imperial College Junior Research Fellowship Selection Process
The Selection process of Imperial College Junior Research Fellowship is a 3 stage process, the details are as follow:
- Faculty Review Panel: All the complete applications will be reviewed by the Review Panel and the candidates will be shortlisted on the following basis:
- Standing of the applicant
- Scientific merit of the proposed research
- The appropriateness of the Sponsor and host laboratory.
- Faculty Interview Committee: The candidates ranked in order of competitiveness by the Interview panel and the host department reserves the right to ask for 2 additional references.
- Junior Research Fellowship Selection Committee: Based on the Faculty ranking and availability of funds the final selection of the candidates will be done by the Junior Research Fellowship Selection Committee.
Imperial College Junior Research Fellowship Contact Details
FIIT JEE Talent Support Exam is for JEE Aspirants who are studying or passed Class 12. This exam helps the aspirant to know and analyse their pre... Read More
Rashtriya Miltary School Admission 2020-21 is based on CET (Common Entrance Test) and Interview. CET would be a pen and paper-based test and the ... Read More
SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019 is for the meritorious students who have passed their Class 12 Examinations in the year 2019. T... Read More
CENTA TPO 2019 (Teaching Professionals' Olympiad) is open to teachers across all boards, subjects, and classes. It is open to teachers of go... Read More