ICANN 58th Meeting Fellowship 2016
About ICANN Meeting Fellowship
- ICANN Meeting Fellowships are being offered for ICANN’s 58th meeting in Copenhagen, Denmark to be held from March 11-16, 2017.
- The applicant should be from a country listed by World Bank as a low, lower-middle, and upper-middle economies and should be enrolled in any higher education.
- The candidate selected for the Fellowship will get Stipend along with the travel arrangements to attend the ICANN 58th Meeting in Denmark.
- The application for ICANN Meeting Fellowship will be accepted until October 21, 2016, and the names of the selected candidates will be announced on December 12, 2016.
| ICANN Meet
|ICANN 58th Meeting
||Sept 12 - Oct 21, 2016
||March 11-16, 2017
|ICANN 57th Meeting
|| Apr 22 - June 3, 2016
||Oct 29- Nov 2, 2016
- Established on September 18, 1998 ICANN has its headquarters located in Playa Vista, Los Angeles, California.
- Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is a nonprofit organization which is responsible for coordinating the maintenance and methodologies of several databases related to Internet.
- ICANN performs the actual technical maintenance work of the central Internet address pools.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of ICANN Meeting Fellowship
ICANN Meeting Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
||Students enrolled in higher education
- Nationality: The application for the ICANN Meeting Fellowship can be made by any citizen of a country listed in World Bank classification as low, lower-middle, and upper-middle economies.
- Age: The age of candidate needs to be between 18 to 30 years.
- Educational Qualification: The candidates should be involved in some level of higher education.
ICANN Meeting Fellowship Reward
ICANN Meeting Fellowship will enable the selected candidates to get the following benefits:
- Stipend: The candidates will get the stipend of 500 USD (Approx. INR 30,000), half of the amount will be given prior to the Meeting and remaining on successful completion of the meeting.
- Air Tickets: The booking for the candidate will be done by ICANN in economy class after they have all necessary travel documents. Their airfare will be paid for the two-way journey. Applicants must be given below documents to travel outside the country.
- A valid passport
- Travel documents required by the foreign country.
- Always carry proof of health insurance
- Transit Visas may be required to connect in certain cities
ICANN Meeting Fellowship Application form and Process
The application process for ICANN Meeting Fellowship is completely online and the details of the application process are as follow:
- Application form: The application forms for ICANN Meeting Fellowship are to be made online only.
>> Click here to apply for the Fellowship.
- Filling the application form: The application process of the ICANN Meeting Fellowship has 4 sections and the detailed process is as follow:
- Personal Information: The candidate is required to fill in their personal information in the application form along with an image of their passport (not more than 5MB)
- Work History: The candidate should mention the details of the type of work he has done, information about his/her employer along with details of their work responsibilities in maximum 3000 words.
- The applicant should also share the details of 2 references.
- Reason to apply: In this section, candidates are required to give answers to questions such as ‘Why is it important for you to participate in this particular ICANN meeting?’ giving details related to his/her reasons to apply for the fellowship.
- Accept Requirements: The candidates need to read the terms and conditions check the respective checkbox and complete the application process.
ICANN Meeting Fellowship Selection Process
Successful applicants will have to demonstrate the following given parameters:
- Desire and ability to utilize the experiences gained from the fellowship to become a part of the next generation of ICANN leadership
- A role or interest in the Internet space
- An interest in contributing to:
- ICANN policy development processes
- The ICANN fellowship alumni network
- A leadership role in stimulating local interest in ICANN
- An ICANN supporting organization, advisory committee, stakeholder group or constituency
ICANN Meeting Fellowship Address
12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536
ICANN Meeting Fellowship Contact Details
Phone: +1 310 301 5800
Fax: +1 310 823 8649
Doodle 4 Google India contest organised by Google invites entries from Indian students to design and submit Doodle 4 Google on the topic. The com... Read More
Inlaks Theatre Awards 2019 is given for skill enhancement in the field of theatre Inlaks India Foundation. Inlaks Theatre Awards aims t... Read More
INSPIRE Fellowship 2018: Innovation in Scientific Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) is an initiative of Government of India that offer... Read More
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls under PRAGATI Scheme has been launched by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). AICTE Scholarship wil... Read More