UNESCO I Quiz 2015 for school students
About I Quiz 2015
- IQuiz 2015 is a National level quiz competition envisioned to encourage the school-going children to have an increased awareness of the contributions made to the world of Science, Art & Culture by civilizations previously unrecognized.
- I Quiz 2015 is being organized by Muslim Educational Social & Cultural Organization in collaboration with UNESCO as a part of 2015 International Year of Light
- I Quiz is an offline quiz competition for Schools students belonging to the age-group of 13-16 years.The participation to I Quiz 2015 is by the means of Schools only and the participants are required to pay a registration fee of Rs.150.
- I Quiz 2015 will be based around the discoveries and developments which happened between 7th & 16th Century in the field of Optics, Astronomy, Science, Medicine, Geography, Chemistry, Physics, and Architecture.
- There are 7 rounds involved in I Quiz starting from Intra School to Grand Finals. The initial stages of the quiz will be conducted at school level i.e. in the same school or school in the same city. The details related to the venues of further stages will be communicated in due time.
- The Winners of IQuiz will get cash prize worth Rs.500,000.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of I Quiz 2015
I Quiz 2015 Eligibility Criteria
- Academic qualification: In order to be a part of the I Quiz 2015, the contestant need to be a School student.
I Quiz 2015 Reward
The Grand final will take place between 16 contestants out of which 8 will be awarded with prizes. The details of the prize are as follow:
- First Prize: The winner of the First Prize will be awarded with cash prize of Rs. 500,000
- Second Prize: The Second Prize winner will be entitled for a cash prize of Rs. 300,000.
- Third Prize: The winner of the Third Prize will get a cash prize of Rs. 100,000.
- Consolation Prize: 5 consolation prizes will be given, each having value of Rs. 50,000.
- Participation Certificate: Every participant will get a participation certificate from UNESCO.
I Quiz 2015 Application form and Process
The students willing to participate in I Quiz 2015 need to register through their schools. Individual Candidates can also register for the I Quiz 2015, but it will be their responsibility to report at the allotted center of the examination. The registration process for I Quiz has 2 stages and the details of the registration process are as follow:
- Registration Fee: Students are required to pay Rs. 150 to get registered for the I Quiz 2015.
- Stage 1- School Registration: In the Stage 1 of the application process the schools who are interested in participating in the I Quiz 2015 need to register. The concerned authorities from the school are required to visit the website and fill the required details.
- Stage 2 – Student Registration: In the Stage 2, teams from the organizers will contact the registered Schools and help them through the Individual participant registration.
- Registration Number: Once the payment of the registration fee has been done and the registration is complete, every student will be provided with a Unique ID.
- The UID is to be preserved by the candidate till the competition, as it’ll be required for the purpose of appearing into further rounds and for issuance of the participation certificate.
I Quiz 2015 Selection Process
The I Quiz 2015 has 7 stages named as Intra School, Inter School, Inter City, State-level Selection/ Elimination, Inter State, Inter Zone and Grand Final Stage. The initial stage i.e. Intra School stage of the quiz will be conducted in the schools who have at least 50 participants and the information related to the venues and travel/stay arrangements of the participants for next stages will be will be communicated at the appropriate time.
Information Related to Quiz: The details related to the syllabus and pattern of the quiz are given below:
- Theme: The quiz is being conducted on the theme “Golden Age of Science with focus on Contributions of Ibn Al-haytham”
- Ibn Al-haytham was a Medieval Century scientist who is considered to have laid the foundations for Optics.
- Syllabus: The Quiz will be cover questions related to Scientific Inventions and Research Studies that have taken place during the Medieval Century i.e. 7th Century to 16th Century and as UNESCO has declared 2015 as International Year of Light, so there will be questions related to Light & Light based technologies.
- Topics: Broadly the quiz will be centered on discoveries and developments that took place between 7th & 16th Century in the field of Optics, Astronomy, Science, Medicine, Geography, Chemistry, Physics, and Architecture.
- Study Material: The Participant booklet will have the information related to the topics for the quiz. Information related to the online resources, website links, reference books and other resources will be there in the booklet.
- Question Paper: From Stage 1-5 the quiz will be conducted in written format i.e. using OMR sheets. Students will have to answer 100 multiple choice questions in the given time period of 2 hours.
- Semi Final and Grand Final will have additional rounds such as Research Project, Live Quiz etc.
I Quiz 2015 Contact Details
C/o Muslim Educational Social & Cultural Organisation
# 22-1-1037/1, Darul Shifa, Hyderabad 500024 (A.P.)
Mobile No: 9247578583
Doodle 4 Google India contest organised by Google invites entries from Indian students to design and submit Doodle 4 Google on the topic. The com... Read More
Inlaks Theatre Awards 2019 is given for skill enhancement in the field of theatre Inlaks India Foundation. Inlaks Theatre Awards aims t... Read More
INSPIRE Fellowship 2018: Innovation in Scientific Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) is an initiative of Government of India that offer... Read More
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls under PRAGATI Scheme has been launched by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The scholarship will ... Read More