About Hornby Scholarship
Hornby Scholarship 2018 is offered by the Hornby Educational Trust in partnership with British Council to study a one-year full-time Master’s degree in an English Language Teaching (ELT) related subject at the University of Warwick in the UK. The Hornby Scholarship 2018 is provided for people from developing and transitional countries such as Central Asia, East and South Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America, funding schools and workshops around the world and to maintain alumni network.Hornby Educational Trust has been providing more than 350 English teaching scholarships since 1970.
- Type of Scholarship- Fully Paid
- Course Level- Master's Degree
- Country of Study- The UK
- Course Duration- October 2018 to September 2019
Hornby Scholarship 2018 Dates
|Hornby Scholarship Application Form
The last date to apply for Hornby
Scholarship Application form
|16 February 2018
|Hornby Scholarship Course Duration
||October 2018 to September 2019
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Hornby Scholarship
Hornby Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Completed Undergraduate degree
- Academic Qualification: Candidates should have successfully completed an undergraduate degree course equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in the UK (certification must be provided as part of each candidate’s application).
- Teaching experience: Candidates should have, at least, two years’ hands-on and direct experience as an English language teacher/teacher trainer (as opposed to experience only in a management role, such as co-coordinating policy or running a school).
- Must be a citizen of an eligible country.
- IELTS Score: Eventually (but not at the preliminary online application stage) the candidate must attain an overall minimum Band score 6.5 on the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) with no less than 6 in any of the categories.
Hornby Scholarship Reward
In Association with the British Council, Hornby Education Trust provides funding for senior teachers, teacher-trainers, inspectors and materials writers around the world to spend a year in the UK studying and teaching English, so that they can use this knowledge to enhance English teaching in their home countries. The Hornby scholarships covers the following:
- All the costs in the UK including a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses
- Tuition fees
- Return air tickets
- Visa and IELTS test costs.
Hornby Scholarship Application form and Process
Hornby Scholarship Application process has started, the candidates who are eligible according to the requirements given on this page above are required to fill the application form. The last date to fill the Hornby Scholarship is 16 December 2018. Hence, the candidates are suggested to fill the form on or before the due date.
The candidates will then called for an interview at the British Council office in their country of origin. Selected applicants then apply to the university. Scholarships confirmed once the university accepts the applicant. Awards will be confirmed once the applicant is accepted by the university.
Click Here to Apply Online for Hornby Scholarship
Hornby Scholarship Selection Process
The candidates will have to go through the four-stage processes in order to get the Hornby Scholarship. The complete information about the stages are given below:
- Assessment of Application Form: In this section, the quality of the application form will be assessed by the authority
- Interview: The Candidates who are shortlisted based on their application will be called for an Interview Round at the British Council Office in their Country.
- Application to the University: The candidates who are selected in the interview round will further have to apply to the university.
- Acceptance by University- The university accepts the application of the candidate and arrangements are made for the student to travel to the UK.
About English Language Teaching (ELT) Course
- The course combines recent developments in drama education, second language acquisition and ELT methodology.
- It provides an innovative approach to teaching drama as a key approach to promoting learning and language acquisition in more creative and personalised ways.
- This Master's degree is one of the only programmes in the world that looks at the role of drama in English language teaching and is underpinned by research showing how drama motivates students, creates confidence in speaking, uses language in cultural contexts with purpose, and can improve teacher-student relationships.
- The course is a mixture of theoretical and practical approaches.
Hornby Scholarship Contact Details
A. S. Hornby Educational Trust
c/o Kingston Smith LLP
Orbital House, 20 Eastern Road
Romford, RM1 3PJ
5th International Poster Competition is an endeavor to spread awareness about the Climate Change Care - Act. This competition is organized by Seg... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
Sir Ratan Tata Fellowship invites applications from researchers in the field of Social Science who are targeting South Asia. It will be 8 months paid ... Read More
Science without Border Challenge is an annual Art Competition which aims to motivate students to be a part of protection and conservation of world&rsq... Read More