GP Birla Scholarship 2019 - Application
About GP Birla Scholarship
GP Birla scholarship 2019 is for meritorious students from West Bengal who are in need of financial assistance for pursuing their higher studies after class 12. The scholarship is given by G.P. Birla Educational Foundation. The students can choose to study in any stream including Science, Humanities, Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, Commerce, Law, Chartered Accountancy, Company Secretaryship and Cost Accountancy Course in any recognized University/Institution in India. The students who get selected for GP Birla Scholarship will get scholarship amount up to Rs. 50,000 to cover Tuition Fees and Hostel Fees. The scholarship is given to 100 selected students for one year which can be continued for 4 years based on satisfactory performance of the students.
The foundation was established to carry forward the cherished dream of Late Shri G.P. Birla, the renowned Industrialist and Philanthropist. Through the GP Birla scholarship, the foundation wants to promote education, develop human resources and empower the youth of the Country.
GP Birla Scholarship 2019 Dates
The table below provides the list of GP Birla Scholarship 2019 dates. Students can check the schedule to avoid missing deadlines.
|Application for Scholarship Begins
|| May 2019
|Last date to submit the scholarship application form
||15 July 2019
GP Birla Scholarship Amount
The following benefits will be offered to the candidates who will be selected for the GP Birla Scholarship: The scholarship will be given to 65 students in one year at a time. Until last year, the award was given to 50 students.
- Tuition & Hostel Fees: GP Birla Scholarship amount will be to cover Tuition Fees and Hostel Fees (if applicable) subject to a ceiling of Rs. 50,000 per student per year.
- Books Allowance: Additional one-time payment of Rs. 7000 towards the purchase of Books in 1st Year shall also be given.
- Duration of Scholarship
- The Scholarship will be granted for one year at a time. It would be continued until the completion of the Course.
- Renewal: It would be renewed on a yearly basis, subject to performance by the student in the preceding year, as evaluated by the Trust.
- Disbursement of Scholarship: The amount will be directly disbursed to the student to a place where he/she are doing their higher studies.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of GP Birla Scholarship
GP Birla Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Passed Class 12 in 2019
- Academic Qualification: The applicant must have cleared class 12 or equivalent in the year 2019.
- Minimum Marks: The applicant should have secured 80% marks or more from State Board or 85% or more from Central Board or have secured rank in top 15,000 in JEE / NEET Entrance Exam.
- Financial Status: Students in need of financial help to pursue further studies.
GP Birla Scholarship Eligible Subjects
Further studies after class 12 may be in following courses from any recognized University in India.
- Chartered Accountancy
- Company Secretary
- Cost Accountancy Course
GP Birla Scholarship Application form and Process
The application process for GP Birla Scholarship is offline and the application form can be downloaded from the download section of the website. The details of the application process are as follow:
- Application Form: Students who meet the above criteria of merit and need financial assistance for pursuing further studies, may apply for the scholarship by downloading the GP Birla Scholarship application form 2019 from the official website. The candidate has to fill the application form and get it attested by the head of the institution from where they have passed class 12 or from where they have taken admission
- Request for an Application form by post: Those who want Application Form sent to them by post, may send a stamped self-addressed envelope to address given below.
Download GP Birla Application Form - Click Here
Documents to be submitted with the Scholarship Application Form
- Proof of admission (if admission has been taken) at a university or college in which the applicant shall pursue higher studies.
- A Copy of academic certificates and grade reports for the last examinations.
- A Copy of any other certificates for extracurricular achievements, etc.
- Proof of Income: Either one of the following documents is to be submitted as a proof of income
- A Copy of Form 16 or Salary Certificate, in case the Father or Mother, is in Employment with Government or Private Sector.
- A Copy of Income Tax Return or Certificate from Tahsildars or Councillors, in any other case.
- Submission of Application Form: Applications may be forwarded through the Head of the Institution from which the Student has passed Class 12 or where he/she has taken admission. The address for correspondence:
G.P. Birla Educational Foundation,
78, Syed Amir Ali Avenue
Kolkata – 700019
GP Birla Scholarship Result
The result for GP Birla Scholarship will be announced in October 2019. Students will be able to see the selection list on the website.
- Selection by Expert Panel: For a selection of Students for G.P. Birla Scholarship, an Expert Panel will be appointed by the Trust to review the applications received.
- Only students from West Bengal will be chosen for the scholarship.
GP Birla Scholarship Renewal
The scholarship is offered to 65 students for a period of one year at a time but can be renewed every year till the completion of the course subjected to the performance of the candidate in the final examination of a previous year.
GP Birla Scholarship Contact Details
Attn: Chetan Agarwal
GP Birla Educational Foundation,
78, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata – 700019
Phone No: +91 8479915170