GP Birla Educational Foundation Scholarship 2018
About GP Birla Scholarship
GP Birla scholarship 2018 is for meritorious students from West Bengal who are in need of financial assistance for pursuing their higher studies after class 12. The scholarship is given by G.P. Birla Educational Foundation. The students can choose to study in any stream including Science, Humanities, Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, Commerce, Law, Chartered Accountancy, Company Secretaryship and Cost Accountancy Course in any recognized University/Institution in India. The students who get selected for GP Birla Scholarship will get scholarship amount up to Rs. 50,000 to cover Tuition Fees and Hostel Fees. The scholarship is given to 100 selected students for one year which can be continued for 4 years based on satisfactory performance of the students.
The foundation was established to carry forward the cherished dream of Late Shri G.P. Birla, the renowned Industrialist and Philanthropist. Through the GP Birla scholarship, the foundation wants to promote education, develop human resources and empower the youth of the Country.
GP Birla Scholarship 2018 Dates
The table below provides the list of GP Birla Scholarship 2018 dates. Students can check the schedule to avoid missing deadlines.
|Application for Scholarship Begins
|| May 2018
|Last date to submit scholarship application form
||15 July 2018
Subscribe for Regular Updates of GP Birla Scholarship
GP Birla Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Passed Class 12 in 2018
- Academic Qualification: The applicant must have cleared class 12 or equivalent in the year 2018.
- Minimum Marks: The applicant should have secured 80% marks or more from State Board or 85% or more from Central Board or have secured rank in top 15,000 in JEE / AIPMT Entrance Exam.
- Financial Status: Students in need of financial help to pursue further studies.
Eligible Subjects for the Scholarship
- Further studies after class 12 may be in Science, Humanities, Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, Commerce, Law, Chartered Accountancy or Company Secretary or Cost Accountancy Course in any recognized University in India.
GP Birla Scholarship Reward
The following benefits will e offered to the candidates who will be selected for the GP Birla Scholarship: The scholarship will be given to 65 students in one year at a time. Until last year, the award was given to 50 students.
- Tuition & Hostel Fees: GP Birla Scholarship amount will be to cover Tuition Fees and Hostel Fees (if applicable) subject to a ceiling of Rs. 50,000 per student per year.
- Books Allowance: Additional one-time payment of Rs. 7000 towards the purchase of Books in 1st Year shall also be given.
- Duration of Scholarship
- The Scholarship will be granted for one year at a time. It would be continued until the completion of the Course.
- Renewal: It would be renewed on a yearly basis, subject to performance by the student in the preceding year, as evaluated by the Trust.
- Disbursement of Scholarship: The amount will be directly disbursed to the student to a place where he/she are doing their higher studies.
Renewal of GP Birla Scholarship
The scholarship is offered to 65 students for a period of one year at a time but can be renewed every year till the completion of the course subjected to the performance of the candidate in the final examination of a previous year.
GP Birla Scholarship Application form and Process
The application process for GP Birla Scholarship is offline and the application form can be downloaded from the download section of the website. The details of the application process are as follow:
- Application Form: Students who meet the above criteria of merit and need financial assistance for pursuing further studies, may apply for the scholarship by downloading the GP Birla Scholarship application form 2018 from the official website. The candidate has to fill the application form and get it attested by the head of the institution from where they have passed class 12 or from where they have taken admission
- Request for Application form by post: Those who want Application Form sent to them by post, may send a stamped self-addressed envelope to address given below.
Documents to be submitted with Application Form
- Proof of admission (if admission has been taken) at a university or college in which the applicant shall pursue higher studies.
- A Copy of academic certificates and grade reports for the last examinations.
- A Copy of any other certificates for extracurricular achievements, etc.
- Proof of Income: Either one of the following documents is to be submitted as a proof of income
- A Copy of Form 16 or Salary Certificate, in case the Father or Mother, is in Employment with Government or Private Sector.
- A Copy of Income Tax Return or Certificate from Tahsildars or Councillors, in any other case.
- Submission of Application Form: Applications may be forwarded through the Head of the Institution from which the Student has passed Class 12 or where he/she has taken admission. The address for correspondence:
G.P. Birla Educational Foundation,
1582, Rajdanga Main Road,
4 Floor, Kolkata – 700 107
GP Birla Scholarship Selection Process
- Selection by Expert Panel: For a selection of Students for G.P. Birla Scholarship, an Expert Panel will be appointed by the Trust to review the applications received.
- Only students from West Bengal will be chosen for the scholarship.
GP Birla Scholarship Contact Details
Attn: Radha Tamal Goswami / Anil Kumar Sharma,
GP Birla Educational Foundation, 1582, Rajdanga Main Road, Southend Conclave, 4th Floor, Kolkata – 700107
Phone No: 033-24414542 / 24414456
Taiwan ICDF scholarship programme 2019 is for the Indian students who want to pursue Undergraduate, Graduate, and PhD degree program in Taiw... Read More
DBT JRF 2019 - Junior Research Fellowship in Biotechnology is conducted by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the Ministry of Scien... Read More
ACST 2019 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates preparing for engineering entrance exams, medical ... Read More
The Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation organises Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme 2019. The application process for Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Pro... Read More