Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship 2017
About Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship
Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship was launched in 2004 in honor of Late Dr. Anita Borg who believed that technology affects all aspects of our economic, political, social and personal lives.
- Google Anita Borg Scholarship supports women in Computer Science or a closely-related technical field. It encourages women to excel in computing and technology and become active role models and leaders in the field.
- Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarships are offered in Africa, Asia Pacific, Canada, China, Europe, Middle East, and the United States.
- To apply for the scholarship the candidates also have to submit solutions to three essay questions in the language they are more comfortable in.
- From the applications received, a group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be selected. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s academic background and demonstrated leadership.
- All the selected female candidates will be offered a financial award for the academic session by Google.
This page in detail deals with Asia Pacific Region
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship
Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Africa, Asia Pacific, Canada, China, Europe, Middle East, and the United States
||Undergraduates and Post Graduates
||To be eligible for the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship the person should
- Be a female student admitted in the undergraduate or postgraduate course in the 2017-18 academic session.
- Be a student of a university in Asia Pacific Region.
- Citizens, permanent residents, and international students are eligible to apply
- Be pursuing higher studies in computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field.
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science.
- Candidates can apply regardless of their citizenship
- Kindly Note: Candidates studying at a polytechnic or institute of technology and it awards the university-equivalent, three-year, bachelor's or postgraduate degree, are also eligible to apply provided they meet all the above-mentioned eligibility requirements too.
Not Eligible to Participate
- residents of embargoed countries
- ordinarily residents in embargoed countries
- prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs
Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Reward
Google Anita Borg Scholarship Reward
- A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool across Australia, China Mainland, Hong Kong, Taiwan, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, Southeast Asia and India.
- The selected candidates will receive a scholarship amount specific to their local region in respect to tuition Fees and the following reward:
- Scholarship for Tuition Fee: The Scholarship amount will be directly distributed by Google for use towards tuition and education-related expenses.
- Attend Google Scholars Retreat: Selected candidates will be invited to attend the annual Google scholars' retreat in the Hyderabad office from August to September 2017. As an Anita Borg Scholar, you will participate in a unique program that includes professional development as well as outreach in your community and it will be conducted in Summer 2017.
Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Application form and Process
Online Applications: Click here to apply
Step by Step Brief Information
Step 1: General background information: Candidates are required to fill in the contact information and information about their current and intended academic for the 2017-2018 school year.
Step 2: Submit Resume: Candidates have to upload their resume in the language they feel most comfortable with.
Step 3: Academic Records: Candidates have to upload Academic transcripts of their current university and past institution if currently in graduate school.
Step 4: Essay: Candidates have to write Responses to three essay questions in the language they are most comfortable in.
Guidelines for submitting the scholarship application form
- Format: Candidates have to upload the transcripts and resume into an electronic PDF format.
- Soft Copy of Official Transcripts: Candidates have to submit a soft-copy of official transcripts while applying Online.
- If in case the school has not issued the official transcript before the deadline, candidates can submit an unofficial transcript provided that the official transcript is submitted at a later stage.
- Current Degree Transcripts: Candidates are only required to submit their current degree transcripts.
- Grades and Grading System: The official transcript should include an account of the grades and an explanation of the grading scale used by the University
Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Selection Process
- Academic Strength & Leadership: The candidates will be selected on the basis of their academic background and demonstrated leadership.
- Essay Answers: Responses to three essay questions in the language they are most comfortable in will also be considered for Selection Process.
- Verification of Enrolment: Candidate’s enrollment in the University will be verified after the winners are selected.
- The scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be used towards tuition and education-related expenses
Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Contact Details
E-mail: email@example.com (if you have any queries regarding the scholarship)
POSE Scholarship 2018 - Promotion of Science Education (Pose) Scholarship is being offered by Haryana State Council for Science and Technology (HSCST)... Read More
NSEJS by IAPT, Indian Association of Physics Teachers is a name known across the country for organizing Olympiads and this time has come up with an op... Read More
ResoSTaRT was introduced to help the career aspirants. ResoSTaRT was initiated in 2011 and this is the Eighth edition of the competition whi... Read More
NSEA 2018: The registration has been started from 1 August 2018. The registration in NSEA is only possible through schools or registered cen... Read More