ISRO GNSS User Meet 2015 student Competition
About GNSS user meet student competition
- GNSS user meet 2015 student competition is looking for GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Services) applications that are innovative to address the specific requirement of Indian business and societal applications.
What is GAGAN and IRNSS
- Presently, India is pursuing two satellite navigation programs viz., GAGAN (GPS Aided Geo Augmented Navigation) and IRNSS (Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System)
- IRNSS is for providing Positional, Navigation and Timing (PNT) services over Indian Landmass.
- GAGAN is jointly implemented by ISRO and Airports Authority of India (AAI)
- GAGAN is satellite based navigation services with accuracy and integrity required for civil aviation applications over Indian air space.
- ISRO invites students to submit their innovative and outstanding ideas of GNSS applications to be evaluated by domain experts.
- The competition has been introduced so as to provide inquisitiveness and exposure to the students and academia to the tremendous potential of applications using GAGAN and IRNSS navigation signals.
- Theme: The theme of the competition is “Innovative ideas in GNSS Design and Applications". ISRO & AAI are looking for innovative ideas to address the specific requirement of Indian business and societal applications.
- The Application fields are but not limited to Road & Traffic management, Location based services, Agriculture & Forestry, Public & Social services, Aviation, Rail, Safety & Security, Health, Energy, Sports & Tourism, Social networking, Environment, Disaster management, Marine etc.
GNSS user meet 2015
- “GNSS user meet 2015” will be jointly hosted by ISRO/AAI and is scheduled to be conducted in the month of October, 2015 at ISRO Satellite Centre, Bangalore, India
- The aim of the meet is to bring together all the stake holders, namely, Industry, Application developers, Academia and User community to interact and share GAGAN/IRNSS applications in India.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of GNSS user meet student competition
GNSS user meet student competition Eligibility Criteria
||Open to Students only
Age: Age no Bar
Academic Qualification: The candidate should be enrolled as a student in any recognized school, college or Institute across India
GNSS user meet student competition Reward
GNSS user meet 2015 student competition Reward
- The winner shall be eligible to attend the “GNSS user meet 2015” with registration.
- All the selected ideas (all authors) will be awarded a participation certificate.
- All the selected ideas will be presented in the “GNSS user meet 2015”as posters in a designated area.
GNSS user meet student competition Application form and Process
GNSS user meet 2015 student competition Application Process
- Interested candidates have to submit their ideas in the form of an abstract or say one page in “word” file format through online web only before September 10, 2015.
- If shortlisted, you will have to again submit the idea in requisite format by September 22, 2015
GNSS user meet student competition Selection Process
GNSS user meet 2015 student competition Selection Process
Selection would be based on the innovation and uniqueness in the idea proposed and will be evaluated by experts.
The criteria for selection will be based on the
- Uniqueness and innovation in the idea
- Preference would be given to the ideas related to the usage of IRNSS and GAGAN.
- Photographs of the Prototypes, if available shall be included.
- Ideas which can be converted to viable application.
GNSS user meet student competition Contact Details
Unified International English Olympiad (UIEO): The registration process has started and the candidates can apply for the Unif... Read More
BEE National Painting Competition 2018 for school children is conducted by Bureau of Energy Efficiency. The Ministry of Power has launched the Na... Read More
9th National Painting Competition on Water Conservation aims at making the children aware of the need for conserving this precious resource ... Read More
KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme is implemented under the STARS - Students with Talent and Aptitude for Research in Science programme of&... Read More