Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change 2015
AAKASH NEET Repeater Batch Starting Apply Now
About Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change 2015
- Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change 2015 is an initiative by tve in associations with United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) & UNDP. It calls for video submissions from youth showcasing their action to tackle the climate change.The film could be funny or serious, an animation, a drama or a documentary.
- tve is a UK registered charity founded by Central TV, the UN Environment Programme and WWF in 1984.
- The Youth Video Competition is open for individuals between age group 18-30 years and there is no restriction over the nationality of the participants.
- There is no participation fee and the candidates are required to make and submit a 3 minute video related to the project or campaign the participant is involved to combat climate change.
- The winners of the Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change 2015 will win a trip to Paris, France to attend COP21/CMP11 and a chance to act as a Youth reporter for UNFCCC Newsroom team.
- The video being uploaded should address some of the questions mentioned below:
- Why did you choose to engage in this climate action?
- What were some of the key things that took place?
- What were some of the successes?
- Where did these successes occur (locally, nationally or internationally)?
- How can youth from similar countries replicate the activities that have been implemented?
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change 2015
Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change 2015 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: The challenge is open for citizens of any nationality.
- Age: Participants should belong to the age group of 18-30 years on November 15, 2015 in order to be a part of the competition.
Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change 2015 Reward
Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change Rewards
Out of the entries received, 2 winners will be selected and each of the winner will be given with the following prizes:
- Round Trip to Paris: The winners will get an all-expense(inclusive of accommodation and other expenses) paid trip to Paris, France to attend Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP21/CMP11) from November 30 to December 11, 2015.
- Alternatively they can also get US$300 to produce a one-minute film about the environment.
- Position as a Youth Reporter: The winners will act as youth reporters for COP21/CMP11 and will assist UNFCCC Newsroom team with videos, articles and social media posts related to the event.
Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change 2015 Application form and Process
Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change Application Process
In order to participate in Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change, the applicants are required to make a 3 minute videos on the action you are involved in to combat climate change. To participate in the competition applicants are required to make online applications. The details of the application process are as follow:
- Mode of Participation: In order to compete in Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change, applications can be submitted online.
Click here to register for the competition.
- Details of the Video Entry: The participating videos must follow the following guidelines in order to be a part of the competition:
- Duration: Max. 3 Minutes including titles and credits.
- Language: The Video can be in any language but English subtitles are must with the video.
- Supported formats: flv, mov, mp4, wmv or zip.
- Topic: The Video should be short reports about the activity or action in which the participants are involved to combat climate change.
Submission of the Entries
The entries are to be submitted by the means of online submission of the video to wetransfer.com and the link is to be emailed to an email id along with the completely filled online application form. The details of the submission are as follow:
- Once the online application form has been filled, applicants can upload the video to wetransfer.com and share the link of the uploaded video with tve on “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change 2015 Selection Process
Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change Selection Process
All the videos received for the competition will be screened and those which are found complying with all the regulations will be shortlisted and will be uploaded on the YouTube channel of tve. Out of the shortlisted 2 videos will be selected depending upon the following criteria:
- Jury awards: The Jury consisting of members from UNFCCC Secretariat & UNDP-SGP will select the winning videos on the following criteria:
- Innovation, Originality and Impact
- Technical Expertise.
- Viewer’s choice Awards: The video receiving most views after being uploaded to the YouTube channel of tve will also be awarded with prize mentioned above.
The Schedule of the video Global Youth Video Competition are as follow:
August 17, 2015
Video Submission deadline for Global Youth Video Competition
August 18, 2015
Global Youth Video Competition voting starts
September 17, 2015
September 23, 2015
Global Youth Video Competition winners announced
December 03, 2015
Award ceremony for Global Youth Video competition at COP21, Paris
Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change 2015 Address
292, Vauxhall Bridge Road, London
Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change 2015 Contact Details
NEST Scholarship 2020: The registration has been started and the link to apply Online is available on this page below. The candidates can apply O... Read More