Girls Impact the World Film Festival (GITW 2017) - Deadline Extended
Last date to apply
18 January 2017
Extended: 1 February 2017
About Girls Impact the World Film Festival
Harvard College Social Innovation Collaborative (SIC) and Connecther invite global participants to be a part of Girls Impact the World Film Festival - GITW 2017. Girls Impact the World Film Festival 2017 is open for High school and Undergraduate students who are 25 years old or below 25 as on December 31, 2016.
To be a part of the Girls Impact the World Film Festival 2017, the videos should provide a solution or spread awareness related to the themes of the Festival. The duration of the film needs to be 3-6 minutes and it should have been produced/Created after January 01, 2016.
Prizes: The winning videos will be awarded cash prizes worth USD 17,000 (Approx. INR 11 lakh) and will be screened TBD- Award Ceremony will be held at Austin.
Participation: The videos are to be uploaded on YouTube and the link of the film is to be shared in the online application form. The last date to complete the application process is 1 February 2017.
GITW 2017 Important Dates
|Submission of Film Entries Begin
||May 1, 2016
|Last Date to apply
||20 January 2017
Extended: 1 February 2017
|Finalist Judging Ends
||20 February 2017
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Girls Impact the World Film Festival
Girls Impact the World Film Festival Eligibility Criteria
||Current Undergraduate students
- Nationality: The participation to Girls Impact the World Film Festival 2017 is open for global participation except for countries such as Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.
- Age: The age of the candidate needs to be 25 years or less as on December 31, 2016.
- Qualification: The candidate should have completed high school and presently enrolled in Undergraduate studies.
- Participation: A single participant can be involved in making of maximum 2 films.
Girls Impact the World Film Festival Reward
The winner of the Girls Impact the World Film Festival 2017 will be eligible to the following prizes:
- Judges’ Choice Grand Prize: The winner of Judges’ Choice Grand Prize will get a cash prize of $5000 (Approx. INR 3.3 Lakh) and Internship Opportunity with Creative Visions Foundation.
- Judges’ Choice 1st Runner Up: A cash prize worth $2500 (Approx. INR 1.6 Lakh) along with internship opportunity with Creative Visions Foundation will be offered to the winner of Judges’ Choice 1st Runner Up prize.
- Judges’ Choice 2nd Runner Up: Winner of Judges’ Choice 2nd Runner Up prize will be eligible for a cash prize of $1000 (Approx. INR 66,000)
- People's Choice Winner: Based on the total number of Facebook likes and tweets, the winner selected from top 10 most popular entries will get a cash prize of $2500 (Approx. INR 1.6 Lakh).
- Most Innovative Solution: The winner of Most Innovative Solution prize will get a cash prize of $1000 (Approx. INR 66,000) & Creative Visions Foundation for Harvard Internship Opportunity.
- Ian Somerhalder Foundation Green IS Prize: USD2500 (Approx. INR 1.6 Lakh) will be given to candidate selected for Ian Somerhalder Foundation Green IS Prize.
- Honest Beauty Prize: The winner of Honest Beauty Prize will get a cash prize of $2500 (Approx. INR 1.6 Lakh).
Screening: An official screening of winning film and red carpet will take place at the TBD- Award Ceremony will be held at Austin.
Girls Impact the World Film Festival Application form and Process
The candidates willing to participate in Girls Impact the World Film Festival are required to upload their films on YouTube and share the link of their films while making application for the Film Festival. The details related to the application process are as follow:
Application Form: The candidates willing to be a part of the Film Festival are required to fill in the application form and provide the YouTube link of their film in order to participate in the Girls Impact the World Film Festival 2017.
Click here to fill the application form
Film Requirements: The films need to be as per the following requirement in order to be eligible for the Girls Impact the World Film Festival 2017:
- Expectations: The submitted films are expected to:
- Raise awareness about critical issues affecting women and girls around the world
- Propose solutions to critical challenges faced by women
- Topics: The film needs to address or spread awareness about any of the following issues:
- Political participation
- Economic independence
- Violence against women
- Maternal mortality
- Global health
- Teen & child marriage
- Sex trafficking and slavery
- Women and girls in media
- Honest Beauty
- Women in leadership
- Education for girls and women
- Women and girls in STEM
- Ending child marriage
- Ending FGM
- Gender pay gap - equal pay
- Women and the environment
- Refugee Stories
- Stand Up Men
Duration: The duration of the film needs to be 3-6 min.
Genres: The film can belong to any of the following genres:
- Investigative reporting
- Music Video
- Curated film (film collage)
Time of Film Production: TheFilm should be produced after January 01, 2016.
Girls Impact the World Film Festival Selection Process
All the submitted entries will be evaluated as per the below mentioned judging criteria:
Judging Criteria: All the entries will be evaluated on the below-mentioned criteria on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the most impactful:
- Clarity and impact of message
- Creativity in presentation
- Feasibility of solution
- Most innovative solution
- Screenplay / Script
- Cinematography / Editing
GITW Result 2017: After the semi-final round of judging, all finalists will be notified via email 20 February 2017.
Girls Impact the World Film Festival Contact Details
Dean's Excellence Award for India is being offered by the University of Strathclyde, Scotland to Indian students who are willing to pursue postgr... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships (SSS) is a scholarship offered as a funding tie-up between Scottish Higher Education Institutions and the Govern... Read More
59th International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) is the world championship of mathematics for high school students organised annually in different count... Read More