Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing India Student Scholarship
About GHCI Student Scholarship
Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing India (GHCI) is an excellent opportunity for women to connect with other women working in computing & innovation organizations, learn from peers and get career advice as per their specific personal & professional needs.
The scholarships are being provided to covers the charges to attend the conference. The scholarship will cover the registration charges of the conference, meals during the conferences, shared stay arrangement for 2 days in Bangalore. The Conference is produced by Anita Borg Institute and presented in partnership with ACM.
- Conference Details
- Venue: Bangalore
- Date: 6-8 November 2019
GHCI 2019 Conference is for female candidates who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate program in the field of computing and IT industry. The Last date to apply for the GHCI 2019 Student Scholarship is 21 June 2019 and the result of the scholarship will be declared by August 2019.
- The participants of the conference also get a chance to be a part of GHCI’s Student Career Fair, where female students can explore internship & full-time job opportunities. Interested candidates can attend the conference without the scholarship, there are two ways to do so:
- By paying a registration fee of 800 USD
- By becoming a Hopper at the conference: Hoppers are temporary conference staff working for 8 hours in return of free registration for the Conference.
GHCI 2019 Dates
|GHCI Application Begins
||5 April 2019
|GHCI application ends
||21 June 2019
|GHCI Result Announcement
||6-8 November 2019
Subscribe for Regular Updates of GHCI Student Scholarship
GHCI Student Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Students related to Computing and IT
- Educational Qualification: The applicants need to be an Undergraduate/ Graduate/PhD student.
- Related Field: The applicants should be in the field of Computing and IT field.
GHCI Student Scholarship Reward
The Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing India gives an opportunity to young female students to get in touch with other women involved in the field of computing and Information Technology, learn from peers and get quality career advice from experts as per their individual needs. The scholarship provides interested students with a chance to attend the GHCI 2019 by providing the following benefits:
- Number of Scholarships: 250 full and partial scholarships.
- Scholarship Covers: The scholarship covers the registration charges of the conference, stay arrangement in a shared hotel room for 2 nights, meals during the conference along with travel expenses of up to Rs. 2250 will be reimbursed.
GHCI Student Scholarship Application form and Process
The application process of GHCI 2019 Student Scholarship is completely online and the interested candidates need to upload their resume as well as fill the online application form to complete their application process. The details of the application process are as follow:
- Step 1- Uploading Resume: The candidates interested in making an application for the scholarship need to upload their resume to the Resume Database of GHCI 2019.
- Step 2- Apply: Candidates are required to complete their online applications by submitting their details asked in the application form and submit the application to complete the application procedure.
GHCI Student Scholarship Selection Process
The selection process tries to maintain a balance between candidates selected from various institutions and backgrounds. The details of the selection process are as follow:
- Each application received is reviewed by at least 2 professional experts from industry and academia.
- The reviewers provide their feedback on every application which is then presented to Student Scholarships Committee Co-Chairs.
- The applications are evaluated on the following basis:
- Academic Achievements
- Focus on specialization through internships
- Paper presentations
- Participation in contests and workshops
- Projects and other extracurricular activities
- Scholarships are awarded to the highest scorers of the list and the selected candidates are informed by August.
GHCI Student Scholarship Contact Details
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics is awarded every year by Trinity College to honour the connection between the famous Indian mathema... Read More
INMO 2020 (Indian National Mathematical Olympiad) is the 2nd step of the ladder to qualify for International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO). In... Read More
Indian National Olympiad (INO) 2020 Programme refers to a systematic activity supported by the Government of India to select and train Indian teams fo... Read More
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungry 2020 is in accordance with the Educational Exchange Programme Agreement signed between... Read More