Georg Eckert Institute Fellowship Programme 2017
AAKASH Scholarship Test for Medical Apply Now
About Georg Eckert Institute Fellowship Programme
Georg Eckert Institute Fellowship Programme 2017 offered by Georg Eckert Institute Library has been launched for a promotion of international academic exchange and the development of international textbook research, with a particular emphasis on comparative approaches. Georg Eckert Institute Fellowship Programme are usually awarded for a period of one to one-and-a-half months, with a minimum duration of two weeks.
Georg Eckert Institute Library is an unparalleled resource for international textbook research, as is demonstrated by the continued high demand among researchers from Germany and abroad for the research facilities it provides.
- In order to meet the above-mentioned rising demand, the Institute relies upon close and ongoing contact with scholars and educational practitioners from Germany and around the world via the Fellowship Program.
- The Institute may occasionally offer fellowships attached to a specific topic on a competitive basis.
The Scholarships, in Particular, is awarded for the below-mentioned reasons:
- Research motivated by the desire to promote understanding among nations through education international educational and didactical research on the methods, content and objectives of teaching in the subject areas in which the Institute's library specialises;
- Academic research on issues of perception and reception in the fields of history, geography and social science
- Studies on textbook development in the subjects represented at the Institute which aim at identifying new directions for the production of textbooks based on comparative international textbook research.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Georg Eckert Institute Fellowship Programme
Georg Eckert Institute Fellowship Programme Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: People of all Nationalities are eligible to participate
- Academic Qualification: Candidate should hold a university degree or have attained a comparable qualification in the field of education.
- Individuals involved in the production of textbooks (design, writing, editing, etc.)
- Employees of educational publishers
- Other individuals involved in the development of curricula and textbooks
Georg Eckert Institute Fellowship Programme Reward
- Monthly Stipend: The selected fellows will be given a monthly stipend of 1000 EUR
- Travel Allowance: Travel Allowance will be granted, provided funds are available, in cases of demonstrable need. 50% of the fellow's travel expenses, to a maximum of 500 EUR will be covered
- Health Insurance: Fellowship holders must ensure that they are covered by adequate health insurance for the duration of their stay.
Responsibilities of the Fellowship Holders
- They are required to enter into the discussion of their findings with the academic staff of the Institute.
- If in case it is needed they will also have the opportunity to contact with any other institutions or specialists who might support their research.
- The period covered by the fellowship must be spent working at the Institute.
- All visiting fellows are requested to produce a research report (max. 2 pages) following their stay at the GEI.
- Fellowship holders are requested to organise their travel so they come on time. Institute's administration opening hours, which are Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Fellows must reside in Braunschweig during their period of research at the GEI, and, if desired, can be accommodated in the guest rooms allocated by the Association of Friends of the Georg Eckert Institute.
Georg Eckert Institute Fellowship Programme Application form and Process
Candidates have to download the Application form from the official website of Georg Eckert Institute Fellowship Programme.
Enclosures to be sent via email
- the complete fellowship application form (cover letter)
- a CV, containing details of the candidate's professional background and/or academic career to date, including information on his/her current position and language skills
- a list of publications
- a one- to three-page outline of the proposed research topic, describing its aims and methodology
- a specific list of the primary or secondary literature which the candidate wishes to study at the Institute; this documents the importance of a research stay at the GEI
Submission of the Application Form
Candidates have to send their application, containing all required documents in the required format (mentioned below), by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive no later than 15 September 2017.
- Applications for the Fellowship Programme: Application 2016_ Surname, Name
- It should be one PDF File
- Maximum Size: 2MB
Georg Eckert Institute Fellowship Programme Selection Process
The candidates will be selected on the basis of the applications received and fulfilment of the eligibility Criteria.
- A committee consisting of the Institute's director and academic staff meets each October to award fellowships for the coming year.
- The selected candidates will be informed about the decisions by the end of November of the current year.
Georg Eckert Institute Fellowship Programme Contact Details
Tel.: +49(0)531 59099-362
ALLEN ASAT is ALLEN Scholarship cum Admission Test (ASAT) conducted by ALLEN Career Institute for admission to its classroom programs. Allen ASAT... Read More
ICMR JRF 2019 is Junior Fellowship Programme conducted by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) for selecting the deserving candidates for Ju... Read More
Boustany MBA Harvard Scholarship 2019 is being offered for academically brilliant students who have secured admission in MBA Program offered at H... Read More
RES Young Economist Essay Competition, started in 2007, is open to students of year 12 and year 13 who are studying UK A level or Inter... Read More