GDN Poster Making Competiton & Conference in Peru
Scholarships for Class 8 to 12 by AAKASH Apply Now
- The 17th Global Development Network Annual Global Development Conference is being hosted by the Ministry of Education, Peru and the Group for the Analysis of Development (GRADE) and alongside that a poster making competition is conducted.
- Master’s students, Ph.D. students and young researchers from any part of the globe can participate in the Poster Competition based on the following themes:
- Skills for Tomorrow
- Public Finance and Public Policy
- Pedagogy, Technology, and Institutions
- Research and Policy
- The submission of the poster will be online and should be completed before January 20, 2016, by 06:00 pm.The selected candidates will be intimidated about the acceptance of their Poster by February 15, 2016.
- The selected candidates will get a chance to present their poster during the conference along with networking opportunities.
- The candidates from developing countries can apply for financial assistance to attend the conference at the time of making the application.
|Deadline for the competition
||January 20, 2016, before 6 p.m. IST
|Selection of the candidate
||February 15, 2016
||March 17 & March 18, 2016
|Notification of Acceptance of Poster
|| February 15, 2016
Subscribe for Regular Updates of
|| Master’s students, Ph.D. students and young researchers
- Nationality: The Poster competition is open for global participation.
- Qualification: To be a part of the competition, the candidate should be Master’s students, Ph.D. students or a young researcher.
- Language: The language used in poster needs to be in English only.
- Participation: The submission needs to be from a single participant even if he/she represents a team.
GDN Poster Competition Prizes
The posters selected as the winner of the Global Development Network.
- Selected posters will be exhibited for informal browsing during the exhibition and will be scheduled for brief presentations during the breaks.
- Opportunities for individual discussions and networking with poster authors
- Financial support for young researchers from developing countries: Researchers from developing countries can request for financial support to attend the conference with the submission of the final poster in the application form.
- Because of limited funds, Authors are advised to gather funds from other sources as well so that their participation in conference remains secure or should be able to cover at least part of the costs.
Application form and Process
GDN Poster Competition Application Process
The submission of the poster needs to be done online and the application details are:
- Submission Form: The submission of the poster needs to be done online by filling a submission form. The candidate must provide aTitle to the poster, give a description on the poster and upload the poster after keying in the details related to authors.
Click here to submit your poster
- Submission Guidelines: The final poster needs to be as per the following guidelines:
- Name: The name of the researcher who made the poster should be written under citation on the bottom-right corner with right aligned text.
- GDN Logo: The logo of Global Development Network should be at the upper-right corner of the poster.
- Size: The Poster needs to be 100cms (39.3 inches) in width and 150cms (59 inches) in height and the poster should be clearly readable from a distance of four feet.
- Images & Art: The candidate should give due credits to the borrowed artwork used in poster and should cite the source and can be placed at the bottom right corner of the poster.
- The idea of the poster: If a candidate wants to discuss their poster ideas to see if they’ll work. They can mail at email@example.com with subject line “Poster Guidance Needed”
- Expectation from Candidates: If the poster is selected in that case:
- The candidate is authorized to use only one poster place.
- The presenter needs to be available next to their poster so as to answer questions from delegates, other participants and viewers.
- The presenters should take care of their hangouts and their display material at their own.
- Presenters are not allowed to market commercial products by any means.
GDN Poster Competition Submission Process
The following points are to be paid special attention in order to be noticed by the jury:
- The candidate should think carefully about the findings of their research /conclusions and should select 1 or 2 key messages to be communicated by the project.
- Effectively convey the message with the help of evocative photograph, infographics to effectively communicate the message using minimum words.
- The candidate should do some brainstorming during the presentation and come up with some question which can be asked, handouts of flyers can also be used by applicants for effective presentation.
OASIS Scholarship 2021 registration process has started. The candidates can apply online through this page. OASIS Scholarship is the scholar... Read More
Scholarship for Excellence (SEE) is a scholarship given to students in India in recognition of their excellence in the English Language. The scholarsh... Read More
Aakash Coaching Institute has come up with Aakash iACST which offers instant scholarship to the students who appear in the online test and also clear ... Read More
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship is awarded by Sir Dorabji Tata Trust. The trust offers scholarships in the form of loans for higher studies abroad. ... Read More