GDN Next Horizons Essay Contest 2014 | In association with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Last date to apply
September 15, 2014 by 6 p.m. IST
AAKASH Scholarship from Class 8 to 12 Apply Now
About GDN Next Horizons Essay Contest 2014
GDN Next Horizons Essay Contest 2014 is an international essay contest launched by The Global Development Network (GDN) in partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.GDN will select up to 20 winning entries and each of them will be rewarded with $ 20,000
Theme of Essay Writing contest: Future of Development Assistance.
The preferred scholarship is introduced in order to create awareness among people in terms of encouraging participation and is open to applicants all over the world. This contest has been brought forward in order to invite fresh thinking related to the future of aid, so that people must be informed about the ongoing discourse on development assistance.
Sub Themes and Topics for GDN Next Horizons Essay Contest 2014 are
Entries are invited with positive answers as solutions are being looked upon out of answers received. Contrarian answers are invited as well.
Sub themes for paper submissions are listed below:
- Bilateral and multilateral institutions
- Middle Income Countries
- Aid and Governance
- Recipient role
- Data and Information Technology
Read about Sub-themes in detail for writing the essay >> Sub Themes for GDN Next Horizon Essay Contest 2014
Subscribe for Regular Updates of GDN Next Horizons Essay Contest 2014
GDN Next Horizons Essay Contest 2014 Eligibility Criteria
||Above 21 years of age
|| Adults over 21 years of age can apply for GDN Next Horizons Essay Contest 2014
Not eligible to participate:
- Employers of GDN and BMG
- Residents of Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Myanmar and Sudan cannot participate.
- Individuals included on the List of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons.
- Reviewers, selection committee members and translators are not eligible
GDN Next Horizons Essay Contest 2014 Reward
Up to 20 winning entries will be chosen and $ 20,000 will be offered to each individual as prize money
GDN Next Horizons Essay Contest 2014 Application form and Process
Application for GDN Next Horizons Essay Contest 2014 has to be made online. There is no offline application process.
- The essay can be submitted individually by a person or group of persons given that all the authors meet the eligibility criteria.
- Applicants are requested to submit their application only once.
- Essay can be written in either English, French or Spanish language.
Guidelines to be followed while writing an essay for GDN Next Horizons Essay Contest 2014
- Essay Cover Page: The title of the essay must be displayed on the cover page and the page should contain an abstract of 250 words. Any kind of information about the author should not be presented on the cover page or abstract description else the entry will be liable for disqualification.
- Essay Word Limit: Main text should contain 5000 words excluding counting notes and reference lists.
- Essay Margins and Spacing Requirements: Format should be in Times New Roman, 12-point font minimum and 1 inch/2.5 cm margins
- Essay Document and Page Formatting: Microsoft Word .doc or .docks format must be used for writing essays. (Essays in PDF format will not be accepted )
Essay Submission for GDN Next Horizons Essay Contest 2014
- Essay has to be submitted online through the online submission platform and it cannot be sent by post.
- The participant will receive a confirmation mail from GDN on the registered e-mail on successfully submitting their essay.
GDN Next Horizons Essay Contest 2014 Selection Process
Entries will be selected through the review process keeping in consideration the criteria outlined above.
- Originality (presenting new information and innovative ideas or analysis).
- Usefulness (wide-applicability and feasibility of ideas, significance, realism, policy relevance, proposals or conclusions that are scalable innovations that can result in tangible policy change or other wide-scale or systemic change).
- Analytical Quality (rigor of scholarship, logic in the flow of ideas, clear and concise writing).
GDN Next Horizons Essay Contest 2014 Address
NEW DELHI Headquarters Global Development Network
2nd Floor, West Wing, ISID Complex 4, Vasant Kunj Institutional Area New Delhi-110070, INDIA
WASHINGTON DC Global Development Network
1850 M Street NW Suite 710 Washington DC 20036-5810, USA
GDN Next Horizons Essay Contest 2014 Contact Details
Phone +1 202 861 4364
Fax: +1 202 861 4365
In case of accessing any kind of difficulty, please contact email@example.com with the subject line ‘Essay Contest –Technical Issues'
RD Sethna Scholarship is one of the oldest Scholarship which was started in the year 1938. Rd Sethna Scholarship Fund aims at granting loan scholarshi... Read More
13th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition has been launched by the Samsung Engineering in association with the United Nations Environme... Read More
NEST Scholarship 2020: The registration has been started and the link to apply Online is available on this page below. The candidates can apply O... Read More