Fulbright Nehru Master's Fellowship 2020-21
AAKASH NEET Online Test Series in Hindi Apply Now
AAKASH NEET Online Test Series @ Rs 1359 APPLY Now
About Fulbright Nehru Master's Fellowship
The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships provide an opportunity to pursue a master’s degree at selected US colleges and universities. The Fellowship provides an opportunity for outstanding Indians to pursue a master’s degree in the eligible fields of study in the United States during the 2020-21 U.S. academic year. You can apply for only ONE Fulbright-Nehru fellowship category during a competition cycle.
The fellowships are given in the following fields
- Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies
- Environmental Science/Studies
- Higher Education Administration
- International Legal Studies
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Women’s Studies/Gender Studies.
USIEF will not fund master’s degrees in Business Administration (MBA), Public Administration or Public Policy (such as MPA/MPP or MA/MS in Public Administration or Public Policy) or dual/joint degrees such as MA/MBA or MA/MPA or MA/MPP.
Area/Field of Study under the Fulbright-Nehru Fellowship Details
These fellowships are for one or two years duration
- Course Level: Master's Degree
- Country of Study: US
- Course Commence: August-September 2021
Fulbright Nehru Master's Fellowship Dates 2020
Application due date for 2021-2022 awards
15 May 2020
Field-specific screening committees review applications
to short-list candidates
End June 2020
National interviews of short-listed candidates in Delhi
USIEF notifies finalists and alternates that they are
recommended and they then take tests (such as TOEFL and GRE)
End August 2020
USIEF notifies finalists
Pre-departure Orientation in India
|Pre-academic training in the U.S. (if required)
|Degree program begins
Benefits of Fulbright Nehru fellowship
The Fulbright Nehru fellowship will provide the following benefits:
- Visa Support: J-1 visa support.
- Air Fare: Round-trip economy class air travel from fellow’s home city to the host institution in the US.
- Tuition Fees: Funding for tuition and fees, living and related costs.
- Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per US Government guidelines.
Note: Funding from USIEF may not cover all expenses of the scholar.
Extensions and Transfer of visa sponsorship will not be permitted.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Fulbright Nehru Master's Fellowship
Fulbright Nehru Master's Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
||Above 18 years
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Applicant must be a resident of India at the time of application
- The applicant has to inform well in advance to USIEF at their mail, email@example.com if they want to travel abroad in the application cycle ( from July 2020 - June 2021)
- If the applicant is employed, the candidate must be eligible for leave.
- Applicant should be in good health.
- Applicant must not be applying or holding a green card in the United States.
- The applicant has to give the undertaking to return India after completion of the fellowship.
Fulbright Nehru Fellowship Educational eligibility criteria
- Qualify TOEFL: Applicant should qualify TOFEL exam and show proficiency in English to undertake the proposed project/ program.
- Academic Qualification
- Applicant should have completed an equivalent of a US bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks.
- Applicants should either possess a four-year bachelor’s degree or a completed master’s degree in case the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration.
- Work Experience: Applicant must have at least three years’ full-time (paid or voluntary) professional work experience relevant to their proposed field of study.
- Applicant should not be enrolled in a US degree program or should not have another degree from US universities.
- Plagiarism in the application will lead to disqualification
Fulbright Nehru Master's Fellowship Application form and Process
The application for Fulbright-Nehru Master's Fellowship can be made online to IIE/Fulbright, Fulbright/IIE will make further applications on behalf of the candidates to the Institutes in the USA.
The applicants must fill the applications for Fulbright Nehru Master's Fellowship online >>
Recommended applicants do not need to apply to US institutions on their own. IIE/Fulbright Program will apply to four different institutions on their behalf, taking into consideration the candidates’ preferred institutions and the candidates’ competitiveness.
- The applicant has to submit 3 reference letters written by teachers under whom the applicant must have studied or completed his research or has supervised in work related to the proposed field.
- The letters of reference should not be from any family member/relative/friends of the applicant.
- The letters of reference must be written or translated into English.
Submission of Letters of Reference
The letters of reference can be submitted online only.
- Online application system: Referees can submit reference letters online by clicking on the Recommendation button on the home page of the online application to register their recommenders.
Referees can send reference letters to the given address and should reach by the due date to the following address
USIEF, 12 Hailey Road,
New Delhi 110 001
Documents to be uploaded with the application form
All these documents should be combined in one file not exceeding 2 MB.
- FNMaster’s Applicant Annexure
The signature form which can be downloaded from supplemental form links on the homepage.
- Bio page of passport (pages which contain a photo, name, passport number of the applicant).
- Candidates must refer to FNMasters Application Checklist before finally submitting the application form
Fulbright Nehru Master's Fellowship Selection Process
Candidates shortlisted for interviews have to report in person at USIEF office in New Delhi.
Preference will be given to candidates who have not had extensive recent U.S. experience.
- If an applicant has previously applied to U.S. institutions and has requested a deferral from the institution, they must notify USIEF immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If an applicant already has a deferral, then USIEF and IIE will not apply to any other institution and will seek to confirm placement only at the deferral institution.
United States- India Educational Foundation
The United States – India Educational Foundation (USIEF) promotes mutual understanding between the nationals of India and the nationals of the US through the educational exchange of outstanding scholars, professionals and students. Since its inception, USIEF has awarded approximately 17,000 Fulbright, Fulbright Nehru, and other prestigious grants and scholarships in almost every academic discipline.
Fulbright Nehru Master's Fellowship Contact Details
United States-India Educational Foundation
12 Hailey Road New Delhi 110 001
Chennai: Regional Office American Consulate Building 220, Anna Salai, Chennai 600 006
Hyderabad: Hyderabad USIEF Regional Office American Consulate Building, Paigah Palace 1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane Begumpet, Secunderabad 500 003
Kolkata: USIEF Regional Office, The American Center 38A, Jawaharlal Nehru Road, Kolkata 700 071
Mumbai: USIEF Regional Office, Maker Bhawan 1, IInd Floor New Marine Lines Mumbai 400 020
||+91 11 4209 0909/2332-8944
||+91-44-2857-4134/ 4131 / 4275
Aakash NEST exam was conducted successfully in April and May and now Aakash has released a new date for the NEST Exam. The NEST Exam will be conducted... Read More
Aakash Sparrk 2020 is a national level scholarship exam conducted by Aakash Institute. This is the first edition of Aakash Sparrk. Through this schola... Read More
National ICT Award for school teachers 2020 is awarded to facilitate those teachers who have enhanced student learning by effectively a... Read More
RD Sethna Scholarship is one of the oldest Scholarship which was started in the year 1938. Rd Sethna Scholarship Fund aims at granting loan scholarshi... Read More