European Commission Traineeship 2016
Last date to apply
January 29, 2016 12 noon Brussels time
Scholarships for Class 8 to 12 by AAKASH Apply Now
- European Commission is offering 5 months paid traineeship from October 2016 to February 2017 to university graduates from across the globe. Around 650 trainees are selected for each session as per the requirement of the commission. There are two traineeships sessions in a year and they are:
- October to February
- March to July
- This is the call for application for traineeship that will begin in March 2016.The Application Process begins from January 4, 2016 (12:00 noon, Brussels time) and ends on January 29, 2016 (12:00 noon, Brussels time)
Internship Stipend: A monthly grant of € 1,120
Traineeship works and activities
- Trainees will get an opportunity to work all over the European Commission.
- Trainees may be assigned to work in the field of competition law, human resources, and environmental policies.
- Trainees may also be assigned to research and compile documents, reports, consultation, answering queries and running projects.
- Trainees as also asked to organize and attend meetings, working groups, forums and public hearings.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of
|| University Graduates
The traineeship programme is open to university graduates from all over the world who have a:
- Degree of at least 3 years of study (minimum a bachelor),
- Very good knowledge of English or French or German.
- Very good knowledge of a second EU official language (required for nationals of EU countries).
Candidates who have previously done more than 6 weeks (or a period of 42 calendar days) of in-service training or work (paid or unpaid) for any of the European institutions, bodies or agencies, in EU-delegations or for Members of Parliament (MEPs) are not eligible to apply for European Commission Traineeship 2016
European Commission Traineeship Reward
- A reward of € 1,120 as a monthly grant.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Accidents and health insurance can also be provided.
- Awareness of the processes and policies of the European Union and European Institutions.
- Practical Experience and a role to be a part of the European Commission’s everyday business activity.
- Prospect of making academic theory into practice.
Application form and Process
The Application process begins from January 4, 2016, and ends on January 29, 2016. Few general instructions for the applicants before filling in the European Commission Application Form 2016 are as follows:
- Article 2.2.2: According to article 2.2.2 of the rules governing the official traineeships scheme of the European Commission must be interpreted as excluding the mother tongues (only two are accepted as mother tongues). Mother tongues are not assessed. Points are awarded only on the basis of merits.
- Mother tongue: Therefore, if the applicant declares English or French or German as his/her mother tongue (including as a non-EU citizen) then they need to have a very good knowledge of at least one of the two other working/procedural languages of the Commission.
- If the applicant is not an English, French or German native speaker as an EU citizen, then he/she need to have a very good knowledge of English, French or German in addition to their mother tongue.
- The level of linguistic knowledge must qualify as "very good knowledge" and correspond to a C1/C2 level in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
If the applicant applies for translation traineeships (in the Translation Directorate General) he/she must be able to translate into their main language normally their native language from 2 other official EU languages:
- Applicant main language must be one of the official EU languages.
- Applicant 1st source language must be English, French or German.
- Applicant 2nd source language can be any of the official EU languages.
How to Apply
There are basically two steps to apply for the European Commission Traineeship 2016. They are discussed below:
Step 1 Registration: In order to apply for European Commission Traineeship 2016, applicants must register themselves with an id and password to proceed further.
Step 2 Filling and Submitting: After the registration process, the applicant needs to fill in all the necessary information in the Application form. They will also have the option to preview the entire application before the final submission. Once the form is rechecked and submitted no further changes can be done. Then the applicant will receive a receipt confirmation along with a candidate number.
Every single application is assessed on the basis of academic profile, language skills and additional qualities. A ranking is then established and the 2,800 candidates with the highest scores are shortlisted.
The applications which do not comply with the formal requirements are rejected.
The Commission units select candidates according to their specific needs and criteria such as languages, studies, experience, etc. Some 650 trainees are recruited for each session.
It is to be noted that the European Commission does not require everyone to submit any documents. Only pre-identified candidates for the Virtual Blue Book will be invited to provide supporting documents in electronic version, such as:
- copy of ID card/passport
- copy of university qualifications
- proof of declared language skills (studies, stay abroad or other)
- proof of work experience (if applicable)
00800 67 89 10 11 (Toll Free No.)
OASIS Scholarship 2021 registration process has started. The candidates can apply online through this page. OASIS Scholarship is the scholar... Read More
Scholarship for Excellence (SEE) is a scholarship given to students in India in recognition of their excellence in the English Language. The scholarsh... Read More
Aakash Coaching Institute has come up with Aakash iACST which offers instant scholarship to the students who appear in the online test and also clear ... Read More
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship is awarded by Sir Dorabji Tata Trust. The trust offers scholarships in the form of loans for higher studies abroad. ... Read More