Environmental Fellows Program 2018
Last date to apply
17 January 2018 at 5:00 pm (EST)
AAKASH Scholarship Test for Medical Apply Now
About Environmental Fellows Program
Harvard University Environmental Fellows Program 2018 is a two years full-time program conducted by "Harvard University Center for the Environment" on yearly basis. It prepares students to deal with day to day complexities of the environment. The students of post-graduation from all across the world can apply for this fellowship program. The last date of Environmental Fellows Program 2018 application submission is 17 January 2018.
The selected candidates will join a group of remarkable scholars who will be beginning the second year of their fellowships. Together, these Environmental Fellows at Harvard will form a community of researchers with diverse backgrounds united by intellectual curiosity, top-quality scholarship, and a drive to understand some of the most important environmental challenges facing society.
The Environmental Fellows will work for two years with Harvard faculty members in any school or department. For the session of 2018, The Harvard University Center for the Environment expects to award approximately six fellowships.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Environmental Fellows Program
Environmental Fellows Program Eligibility Criteria
Note: Harvard candidates should not propose to continue to work with the same professors or lab groups with whom they are currently associated
- Candidate must have received their terminal (postgraduate) degree between May 2014 and August 2018.
- Candidates who received terminal degrees from Harvard, and post-docs currently working at Harvard are eligible for the fellowship
- Candidates with a doctorate or equivalent in any field are also eligible
- Candidates without a Ph.D. are also eligible provided they have studied in fields where Ph.D. is not the typical terminal degree.
- Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
- Foreign nationals are eligible for fellowships
- To study at Harvard one requires fluency in English
Environmental Fellows Program Reward
The selected fellows should be prepared to commit to work at Harvard for the full two years of the fellowship and will have to required to take residency in Cambridge area.
- Salary: The fellows will receive a salary of $66,000 per year as well as the benefits of employee health insurance.
- Travel & Other Expenses Allowance: $2,500
The fellows are required to schedule their fieldwork (if any) for the summer or January recess and attend biweekly dinners with their colleagues, faculty members, and guests.
Environmental Fellows Program Application form and Process
The candidates can apply for this fellowship through online mode. Candidates have to fill the Application Form Online available at the official website of Harvard University Centre for the Environment under Programs column. Applications for the year of 2018 are due by 17 January 2018. The Center will select a group of fellows and alternates by March 2018 and contact applicants with results at that time.
Click here to Apply Online
- Look for a Host: Potential candidates should start early to identify and establish a relationship with a Harvard faculty member to host his or her research. The host will be a mentor to the fellow and will provide office space and basic administrative support
- Any faculty member from any discipline may serve as a host, regardless of whether the host has had prior experience with environmental research or the Center.
- The faculty members who are already hosting the previous fellows cannot be taken as host for this year.
The candidates who cannot find a host for themselves will not be able to complete the Application for the given programme.
Enclosures to be attached with the Application form
- Curriculum vitae including the list of publications.
- Detailed research proposal, maximum of five pages, references counted separately
- Three publications/writing samples.
- Three letters of reference, including one from the applicant's dissertation adviser.
- A letter of support is also required from the applicant's host committing to serve as a mentor and explaining the commitment to the proposed research.
- The referees and hosts of the candidates have to email letters of reference as PDFs or, if necessary, as Word documents attached to the emails at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates will receive an automated email once they have submitted this online form with attachments. The Center will notify applicants individually to confirm receipt of a complete application (online form, letters of reference, and letter of support.
Environmental Fellows Program Selection Process
The Center will select a group of fellows and alternates by March 2018 as per the following points and contact the candidates with results at that time.
- Applicant's prior academic and professional success
- Project significance
- Diversity- The selection committee will select a group of fellows in 2018 who will complement those selected the previous year, creating a group of approximately 13 men and women with diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds and a diverse set of academic interests and skills.
- Interdisciplinary research projects
- Host's commitment
The selected candidates have to secure a commitment from one or more Harvard faculty members to serve as a mentor and to provide office or lab space for the two-year fellowship.
Environmental Fellows Program Contact Details
Center for the Environment
Address: 24 Oxford Street, 3rd Floor, Cambridge
Phone: (617) 495-0368
ALLEN ASAT is ALLEN Scholarship cum Admission Test (ASAT) conducted by ALLEN Career Institute for admission to its classroom programs. Allen ASAT... Read More
Boustany MBA Harvard Scholarship 2019 is being offered for academically brilliant students who have secured admission in MBA Program offered at H... Read More
RES Young Economist Essay Competition, started in 2007, is open to students of year 12 and year 13 who are studying UK A level or Inter... Read More
Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search 2019 Exam is conducted by JBNSTS Kolkata which is an autonomous Registered Society. The Jagadis ... Read More