Draper Hills Summer Fellowship Program 2017 by Stanford University
About Draper Hills Summer Fellowship Program
The Draper Hills Summer Fellowship on Democracy and Development Program (DHSFDD) is a three-week academic training program that is hosted annually at Stanford University’s Center on Democracy, Development, and the Rule of Law.
The program brings together a group of 25 to 30 mid-career practitioners in law, politics, government, private enterprise, civil society, and international development from transitioning countries.
This training program provides a unique forum for emerging leaders to connect, exchange experiences, and receive academic training to enrich their knowledge and advance their work. The program curriculum combines a style of five different sessions, which include: Academic sessions, Case studies, Ted-style talks, Guest lectures & site visits.
Draper Hills Summer Fellowship Program 2017 Important Dates
Last Date to apply
November 16, 2016
Commencement of Program
July 16 to August 4, 2017
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Draper Hills Summer Fellowship Program
Draper Hills Summer Fellowship Program Eligibility Criteria
||Atleast 28 years old
Nationality: People of all Nationalities are eligible to participate
Age: must be at least 28 years of age at the start of the fellowship in July 2017.
Other Important Criteria
Professional Experience: Candidate should have at least ten to 12 years of experience to qualify for the fellowship.
- Candidates should have mid-career professionals working as policy-makers, academics, legal professionals, social entrepreneurs, business entrepreneurs, and leaders of civil society organizations.
- Candidates should have played important and influential roles in their country’s political, economic, and social development.
- Candidates have demonstrated professional and personal achievements in a relevant sector of democracy, development, and the rule of law.
Draper Hills Summer Fellowship Program Reward
Reward provided by Stanford University will be based on the following criteria. However, the Stanford asks all the candidates to contribute towards the cost of their participation in the fellowship, if they get selected.
- Candidates are required to participate in the entire duration of the fellowship program.
- Stanford will pay travel, accommodation, and living expenses for the duration of the three-week program for applicants.
- Participants will be housed on the Stanford campus in residential housing during the program.
- Fellows who under no circumstances can support their travel or need to apply for the partial subsidy are available with small travel fund. Priority for accessing the travel fund will be given based on need and destinations where airlines fare to California are outrageous
- When possible, applicants are encouraged to supply some or all of their own funding from their current employers or international nongovernmental organizations.
Draper Hills Summer Fellowship Program Application form and Process
The Draper Hills Summer Fellows program uses the WizeHive application system to manage all incoming applications.
Click here to apply online
Draper Hills Summer Fellowship Program 2017 - How to Apply
The instruction to fill the form of Draper Hills Summer Fellowship Program is given below. Candidates are required to follow the instruction below
- In order to apply to the Draper Hills Summer Fellows Program, candidates have to create an account through an online portal.
- All application materials must be submitted in English.
- Candidates should be sensitive to word count and not exceed any of the stated word count limits in the narrative sections of the form.
Draper Hills Summer Fellowship Program 2017 - Application Sections
Draper Hills Summer Fellowship Program Application consists of the following sections given below:
- Information of the Applicants
- Academic and Career Information
- Essay Questions
- English Language Proficiency
- Video Submission
- Financial Information
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Certification
The applicants are advised to visit the official website of Draper Hills Summer Fellowship on Democracy and Development Program to know the details of the section of application such as Resume, Essay Questions, Video Submission and Letter of Recommendation.
Draper Hills Summer Fellowship Program Selection Process
Due to the large volume of applications received each year to the fellowship program, the decision regarding selection criteria is taken very seriously
The candidates are advised to review the eligibility criteria before submitting the application to the program
- Candidates must have a solid command of written and spoken English. All program materials and sessions are in English.
- Participants will also be required to give 9-minute TED-style talks throughout the three-week program regarding their work and motivation.
- All the candidates will be informed of their selection to the program by April 2017.
Draper Hills Summer Fellowship Program Address
Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies
616 Serra St C100
Stanford, CA 94305-6055
Draper Hills Summer Fellowship Program Contact Details
CENTA TPO 2019 (Teaching Professionals' Olympiad) is open to teachers across all boards, subjects, and classes. It is open to teachers of go... Read More
BEE National Painting Competition 2019 for school children is conducted by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency. The Ministry of Power has launched th... Read More
IPTSE 2019: Intellectual Property Talent Search Examination by ASSOCHAM & ERICSSON is a competitive exam cum awards with an objective to create aw... Read More
MOMA Scholarship 2019 is Merit cum Means Scholarship by Ministry of Minority Affairs commonly known as MOMA Scholarship. Merit cum Means Sch... Read More